Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Any tips for Galbalan on Nightmare? I have the item that revives you once, but I keep getting murdered by his fireballs.

Him being able to use them after he makes the ice platforms is pretty dickish, this is already gonna be a long fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blattdorf posted:

Galbalan on Nightmare is pretty easy for about 3/4 of the fight. It's only when he creates the stupid laser grid and uses all his skills at once that it gets horribly difficult.

If you're getting whoomped during the first phase, you just need to dodge harder.

I actually did manage to beat him a couple days ago, which I was pretty proud about.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm torn between wanting this game to succeed and wanting less people to buy it so I can make off like a bandit on those.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 28, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

pyromance posted:

I just want the game to succeed so XSEED can keep bringing over cool games. If your first thought on a game coming out is "I hope I can sell these cards for a lot of money," you might have a bit of a problem.

Well, no, of course I want the game, I wasn't that serious about it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone getting or got constant small bursts of lag playing this? It's not keeping me from playing the game or anything, but it is kind of annoying when the minimum requirements are at the mhz level. I tried setting textures to low, limiting the framerate, but nothing helps.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'll try that if the game feels like it wants to launch again, which it doesn't seem to right now. I just wanted to play a JRPG. :smith:

The intro worked fine, it only really started after that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not giving me an error or anything, Steam just won't launch it. And I did have it fullscreen during the intro, maybe I'll try different resolutions in that?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Cake Attack posted:

You sure you have it fullscreen and not windowed? Because on my desktop mine doesn't launch either in windowed.

You could also try disabling high resolution fonts.

Reinstalling it solved that problem, and seems to have fixed the lag.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I just got to Khlonscard in Origins as Yunica, on Nightmare.

What the gently caress.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Any tips for Zava's boss fight in Origins as Yunica? I've been using the charged fire magic to hit her in the air, would thunder or wind be any better?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm trying to save burst for the 'run away from massive damage' attack that every boss in games with this engine must apparently have by law. No matter how much I run away or jump, something hits me and I get pulled in.

Also for some loving reason my computer doesn't like the heads, and they're lagging the game. And when Origins lags it's not the kind of lag that actually pauses the game.

And she...didn't do the sword move at all that time. Okay.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 29, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I never really bothered trying to attack her when she fell down, always felt too risky to try for not that much extra damage. Plus it's way easier to hit her with fire.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can you really only assign directions to the numpad? I'm left handed and it sounds like the mouse is pretty important.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can already tell Kishgal is going to take me many tries. Should I just deal with the icicles and leave thunder available, or stick with fire? Switching between them doesn't seem feasible for me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh, sorry, yeah still Yunica. I'll try using the Burst Attack but I think I'll stick with Fire just for mobility's sake.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I reached 40 hours in Oath, but then I was playing on Nightmare.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why the gently caress does Yunica feel bad about killing Kishgal? He was an rear end in a top hat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What's the trick to dodging Dalles' ice move without the wind magic? Keep getting hit by it in his second phase because of the shield gimmick.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why does Falcom love "Run away from circle that teleports you into insta-death attack" for their final bosses so much.

I wish his first phase was actually interesting. Or his second and third, really.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Holy poo poo Dalles is a horrible boss.

• Locked thread