Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

I like the pole and the hole, and right now I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.
Does anyone have any advice for Ys Origin where you have to take on the red enemies in the tower after visiting Devil's Gaze for the first time as Hugo? None of his attacks seem to do more than 1 damage to them, am I just supposed to 1 them to death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

I like the pole and the hole, and right now I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.

DelphiAegis posted:

I used the mines. I found that if you placed a mine such that it would push them towards a wall, you could get a lot more hits in. They kept obliterating me repeatedly, though and it was one of Hugo's hardest parts. If all else fails, go and grind two levels out in the previous area. It's hard, but doable.

Ok, thanks very much. It's pretty frustrating, I have been trying to use the force field just because they hit so hard but I haven't even managed to bring down one yet.

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

SpaceDrake posted:

It doesn't. The Master System version is kind of doofy that way.

That let's play is from the NES version. The SMS version is doofy in other ways. Like why does everyone speak terrible old English? Why is Adol named Aron?

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

The Mimic posted:

Do later games chronologically ever return to Ys or is that it? Or, do any descendants show up anywhere? I'd be wondering if there are any other Facts roaming around, since Hugo was left on the surface.

Isn't Keith in Ys 2 a Fact? At least that's the impression I was under.

• Locked thread