Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
So I started playing Xanadu Next. Pretty enjoyable, although I am super stuck at this part here:

Can anyone that's played this help a brother out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Internet Friend posted:

You can push boxes up half broken boxes, then hit it once to make it into a stair and climb up. It's been a while so I don't remember if there's anything else to it.

Perfect, thanks.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Can we talk about Legend of Xanadu I & II? Well technically they're "Kaze no Densetsu: Xanadu" (Legends of the Wind??) but whatever. The first game looks unremarkable but oh man I've been drooling over videos of the second game and it looks right up my alley.

Bump combat, only with party members who shoot bows and throw magic around, collecting money, and kickass looking side scrolling boss sections. I remember reading a thread in 2011 about a possible fan translation but I guess it petered out. :(

Anyone ever play these?

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I ended up getting a copy of 2 and attempting to play it. Managed to find some chests full of stuff on the opening boat but...that's it. So close. So far. Hope they finish that translation soon, the game looks like so much fun.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Zombiecop posted:

The game is quite playable without much knowledge of Japanese. It becomes quite linear after you get juuuuust a tad into it.

So, the ship has two above-deck areas and a below deck area. Both above deck areas have 2 rooms. Go through the below deck tunnel to the second area (you already got the gear, so, good on that). Talk to both of the sailors on the above-deck area on the right, then head back to the other above deck area. Go talk to your bro, Arios, then go in the room just to the far right on that area. Click on the map, watch the conversation, and congrats! Now you're on land and able to fight stuff!!!! Game only gets better from there on out.

Siiiick, thanks. I'm loving the aesthetic of the game so far. It just feels drat good.

• Locked thread