Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I finished Ys 1 not too long ago and man, gently caress that guy. It did not take too many tries to figure him out but even then it takes too long.

Now I am getting to the end of 2 and I can not recall using melee on bosses so far. Do you need the fire wand for all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

For me the trick with Dark Fact was to make sure I was not coming from the oposite side of him in a collision course, but instead running in the same direction as him, lining up as he passed.

That way you get way more hits in per pass.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Is the music style of Origin comparable to Oath? The first Darm Tower track feels odd to me since I just finished Oath. It feels a tad lacking somehow. Kinda hoping it is not like that throughout the whole game.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

DelphiAegis posted:

I found it easier to do on Hugo and Toal and it seems to trigger best for me if you tap a direction, wait a beat and then hit attack. The small amount of waiting is what takes getting used to. Sometimes I could trigger it on Hugo by firing one direction, changing direction with a tap and it'd go off.

I don't understand Ys II though. I'm on Zava and I've watched multiple boss videos on youtube and I'm doing the same things.. I'm even overleveled in the game, but no matter what I do, the bats won't die. I put 30 or 40 charged fireballs into them and they just keep flying around. I am at a complete loss.

Do you use the Falcon Idol and have full Battle gear? What level are you at?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The sword is part of the set(its has the same name iirc) and is crucial. Should be easy after getting that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yunica takes 0 damage when she gets hit during the attack animation of the lightning spell. With proper timing this can be handy, but more often than not you will use it on the few enemies that appear resistant to everything else.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Castlevania 1999? Is that the event that was briefly mentioned in a few of the games? Some sort of war iirc?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

Who does the artwork for the steam achievements for the Ys games? They all look great, especially the Gila's Monsters one.

Oh my god, the ending for Ys II is great! Maybe I sound simplistic but everything was just wonderful. I love this game series!

Do I move on to Oath now? Also, do Feena and Reah ever come back?

If you move in the order of original release dates, oath is next. In terms of gameplay this works too since Origins uses a more refined version of the combat in Oath.

As for the goddesses, Origins is actually about how the whole mess from Ys 1 got started.

Iirc after this it is all about Adol being a traveller with an addiction to adrenaline and Doing The Right Thing (tm).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Trails of the what? If this is as good as people claim and we already have this first chapter released is it available for pc as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Oath has at least one item you can miss if you happen to just give away the prerequisite to the first npc to show interest in it. It is quite easy to have the rpg mindset that only the proper character responds to a key item and this game will use this against you in that one instance.

• Locked thread