Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Jebediah posted:

3 minutes till :awesome: :ughh:

Nope, another half hour even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

CottonWolf posted:

I hope that wasn't next-gen footage... It looked average at best. Those grass textures were not the prettiest.

It's an Xbox 360/PS3 game

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Policenaut posted:

IGN's apparently saying that it's for "future generation technology" too, so I'm guessing the footage we saw was the PS3/360 version and later we'll see Durango/Orbis footage?

The future games in the series will be next gen. This was all laid out in the document Activision released about the franchise last year.

Edit: Actually I just refreshed my memory by looking it up again and it says the first two games in the franchise will have current gen and next gen versions in development. Sounds pretty stupid to me but there you go

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/ For reference

Bland fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 17, 2013

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Overbite posted:

Maybe they don't want to make a PC version because of all the competition. The consoles have nothing that compares to a MMOFPS aside from MAG or maybe Dust.

Dust shouldn't be considered competition for anything

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

It's disappointing that everyone is focused on this weird media... thing. What I took away from the announcements, personally, was that this game sounds loving amazing.

Funny that you would say that because what I took away from the announcement was that I have no idea what to take away from the announcement. Other than vague promises of gameplay mechanics that is.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Games like Halo, Tabula Rasa and Mass Effect have had very similar premises of reclaiming ancient technology and discovering the mysteries of ancient races. But hey, if you're excited for the setting fair enough, theres no harm in that.

Difference being this time that the 'ancient technology' is just Human technology from the relatively recent past that they were cut off from. In those games it's just "Unimaginably powerful race with reality defying technology that somehow died suddenly in spite of this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

ReV VAdAUL posted:

No, theres also the mysterious alien race(s?) that nearly wiped out humanity and the mysterious alien sphere that saved humanity and gave it magic powers.

Very true, but still at least they went with "picking up the scraps of your own interplanetary empire after it got its poo poo slapped" instead of "Woah look at this mysterious planet and it's mysterious dealies that are surprisingly user friendly". And I expect they'll save the mystery of the big sphere thingy for Destiny 3: Return of Destiny

• Locked thread