Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
Because there's a lot of fun to be had from open world PvP hijinks. Back during WoW release, there was always something fun going on in the zones where the Horde and Alliance had overlapping questing areas. The random battles were a very welcome break from the monotony of collecting bear asses and trudging through the PvE content.

One example, during release, there was this poopsocker playing an undead mage named Soulz or something angsty like that on the Horde side who hit level 60 on like day two. He was infamous on the Alliance side of the server for running around ganking players much lower in level than him, and he'd even post screenshots of these low level player corpses on the forums and make fun of them for losing an obviously unfair fight. So me and my leveling buddy were probably the third or fourth highest level players in the guild at the precocious tender levels of 29 and 30, but each night whenever we heard in guildchat that Soulz was terrorizing some Alliance teens or 20's area, we'd drop whatever we were doing and make the (sometimes long) journey to that zone just to lay down the law. Even though we were vastly outleveled, because there were two of us and organized and this guy was so terrible at fighting people who actually posed a threat, we'd kill him most of the time. And there'd often be a large group of angry low level players in the zone who'd jump in once they saw there was a fighting chance and we'd basically have this impromptu torch wielding low level mob that would corpse camp him until he logged or rez leapfrogged into a Horde base and flew off to another zone. It became an almost nightly routine thwarting that level 60's villainy until the guy finally gave up (or finally had people his own level to do the level 60 content with). It was fun and we were hailed as heroes by those random pubbies and low level goons for that short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
It is way more fun to gank and grief people doing the open world pve poo poo than doing the open world pve poo poo.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
Should probably have a link to the new Wildstar thread on this page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632435

• Locked thread