Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I really dig this game's artstyle(finally someone has gone full cartoony and not gotten all anime with it), but being under NCsoft is pretty much a dealbreaker. Unless it turns out to be amazing, I doubt I'll even be trying it out.

Interested to hear anyone's impressions once they get their hands on it though. Is this a traditional subscription game, buy-to-play, or straight F2P with a cash shop? And yeah the OP is pretty anemic. Some more info would be nice. What are the two factions standing for lore-wise and can we get some blurbs about the races or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Agraya posted:

http://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/40514218-Why-does-this-stress-test-email-have-no-key-

For those that got a stress test email recently without a key. My key was missing too and I knowledge base'd it so here you can be lazy.

This is exactly what I came here to check, thanks for the link. I was really excited, then really disappointed, and now I'm excited again to check it out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

floofyscorp posted:

Patch notes! New UI is coming for the next beta weekend in two week's time, but what really jumped out at me was this one: "Character Creation now offers various body types for all races and genders."

I am pretty excited to see how those look!

Oh that could change a lot of my complaints about character creation. Hope we get some screenshots or video of that ASAP.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The new body types add some nice variety, though it looks like the kind of stuff you should be able to use a slider to adjust manually. Maybe they'll switch over to that sometime in the future.

And the options to make the skinny races thinner and the larger races thicker are hilarious. The rock people can be SO HUGE now. And you can almost make a spherical Chua.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zlodo posted:

why would you roll an aurin if you don't want to look like a creepy freak anyway

agreed

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think in most games where leveling was as slow as this, I'd complain about how long it takes to do anything, but there's something about Wildstar that just feels like it's been paced right. They frontload a lot of abilities for you to unlock, and you have a lot of time to explore using them during different combat situations to settle into what combinations feel the best. And then it's not like I feel like I'm grinding the same kinds of content over and over, there's a bunch of different things to do, and even if I get tired of fighting stuff I can just go do my Explorer path quests for a while, or mess with housing. I usually end up doing every available quest as I move through an area (except for one or two if they're bugged) but it doesn't feel like I'm forcing myself to do it for XP. It's just kinda fun. Even running around non-combat cities and hubs there's collectibles and platforming and all sorts of stuff to check out.

There's almost too much to do, really. I think if I were leveling much faster than this I'd probably feel overwhelmed by it. Which is really weird to say, since it's the opposite of how I feel in most games, where I just want to level as fast as possible and don't care about any leveling content. There's fun stuff to do here as you go along.

I am way too close to preordering this game. I need to find something about it to hate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spent most of the night doing housing stuff after coming into some money for it. I'm mooching off of A Cock Shaped Fruit's property, but I gave him a big pile of gold and rubies and stuff so it's okay. (i sleep on it now, i can pretend im a dragon and swim around in it like scrooge mcduck)

We sectioned off the upper half of the basic Aurin house and turned it into an attic, and then turned the attic into a bar.

Lots of fun working together to make things look fancy. The rest of the house looks great too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

CrashCat posted:

Looks like a "space trucker" costume is pretty easy to put together. Try as I might I could only make the face vaguely ugly instead of hideous though.

I saw a lot of people with that trucker hat but none of them would respond to me when I asked where they got it. What's it from?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

miscellaneous14 posted:

The implementation of this really reminded me of SWTOR. Sometimes you'd be able to phone back to the quest giver when you were done, but it's really arbitrary when and where you'll actually get to do this instead of having to trek across a huge expanse of land.

What bothers me is that - unless the higher level versions have a much faster movement speed - they seemed to be using speed increasing debug commands for that hoverboard preview video. The one you get around level 15-20 goes barely a quarter of the speed they showed off, and by that point you're already walking through massive environments where that level of speed is almost necessary to keep a non-glacial progression pace.

There's a vendor with a lv30 or 40something 'bulldog' hover board that has much higher speed on it. I think there's tiers of mounts based on your level range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mount Desert posted:

You might want to check out The Visitor add-on

This is super useful and absolutely needs to be base-game functionality.

If two people go to the same non-private property at the same time(as in, not a Neighbor), will they be in the same instance of it or will it spawn one instance per player unless they're on a team or something? Anyone know?

• Locked thread