Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Poor, poor Mr Hansel...

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

exuma posted:

AND (from me) You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Chloe and I have known one another vaguely for years. We're not, like, friends, but back when I was angry our circles overlapped a bit. Now that I'm getting my head down we see each other even less, but last time I saw her I saw who had made a home in her head. An old enemy of the King, just walking round town like that! I saw something else too, the way she looked at me. Like she likes me. It's kinda weird 'cause she's into that Devon guy, and there's no way that The Poisoner is saying nice things about me. But it's kinda cool too, like it shows he hasn't got her locked down, which makes me want to save her more.

Gazetteer I had just written Chloe's head been turned and was going to ask if it was ok with you when I saw your post. The question stands but it looks like we're thinking on similar lines here. I'm totally happy with wanting to save you, obviously.

Sounds good to me. I was actually thinking how weird it was that she didn't have any awkward romantic entanglements among her strings, considering the genre here.

Also, I don't trust Mr. Hansel and will assume that he is evil until proven otherwise :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3534737

Hope you guys have finalized your choices for stats/moves, highlighting will be retroactive if moves are made before you all finish it up.

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Looking at that NPC list really shows how cool all your questions were.

Poor Marigold hasn't got a seat though. ;)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well gently caress her, she had her chance. (I'm just going to retcon her to a different year.)

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Makes sense, definitely easier than redoing the image.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think I am highest for both Iris and Melanie, so I am gonna say Cold for Iris and Dark for Melanie.

I think Melanie is highest for me at 2 (1 from me, 1 from her picking me as True Love) so what o I highlight?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
The only person who Emmet might be in the running for highest strings with at the moment is Tucker. So I'm going to say GimpinBlack, highlight Volatile.

And I think Iris has the highest string count on Emmet right now, so what should I highlight?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

I think I am highest for both Iris and Melanie, so I am gonna say Cold for Iris and Dark for Melanie.

I think Melanie is highest for me at 2 (1 from me, 1 from her picking me as True Love) so what o I highlight?

Hot. :wink:

(Forgot that your string and my string would stack, whoops.)

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Yup Patrick has 3 on me, so I'll mark cold.

I have 2 on Emmet and Chloe, which I think makes me their highest, if so:
Emmet mark volatile
Chloe mark hot

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
drat, this thing blew up while I was out last night. Okay, so, strings:

I lack subtlety. Everyone gets one string on me.

Patrick... yeah, I've been watching you from a distance for weeks. I got your number. Good doggie.

(I don't think I have the most strings on anyone, so I don't get to tell anybody to highlight stats.)

Emmet, man, I was planning to rip you off. But then we started talking a little, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. You were just so... I dunno, earnest? Woulda been like kicking a puppy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, I'm going to be terse here.

Emmet, Hot

Melanie, Hot

Patrick, Volatile (changed my mind)

Tucker, Cold

Iris, Dark (changed my mind)

Still waiting on Gazetteer's player-highlighted stat... Stupid me.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 20, 2013

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I was hoping for a werewolf love triangle. I wonder if this counts? Haha.

Let me know if I screwed up somewhere in my post. I already knew what to write, but it's 3AM atm and I'm working less than 30% here.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Exuma already highlighted hot for me. Pretty sure everyone has a player highlighted stat now, by my count.

I won't have time to make a full first post in the actual topic until I get home -- that'll be another couple hours at least.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, my final highlighting choices.

Emmet, Hot

Melanie, Hot

Patrick, Volatile (changed my mind)

Tucker, Cold

Iris, Dark (changed my mind)

Chloe, Volatile

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do e-cigs work anyway? I've never used one. Do you just use them like normal cigarettes? Sorry, semi-ignorant on this kind of thing (I have no business running this system :v:)

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

As far as I understand: It is loaded it with a little canister of liquid nicotine, and the device heats the liquid in the canister and allows you to inhale the nicotine as a vapour. Here's a page talking about it.

I have not actually smoked anything in my life, so I'm kind of semi-ignorant too, and just decided to make her a smoker because apparently this character needs to hold every lovely irrational opinion I ever encountered in highschool.

"It can't be bad for you! It's a plant. That's like, natural and poo poo."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Tollymain posted:

(I have no business running this system :v:)

At least you'd be better at it than me :v: I'm not directly familiar with this genre; this is my first time touching base with the whole "supernatural teen romance" stuff, at least directly. Good job the skin I've got is also new to this, then :v:

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Here's a rough and ready map. I think I've got everywhere we've mentioned on there, but if there's any omissions or errors feel free to amend it, or tell me to.

Its based on Gardiner, Maine, because that's the first place that looked OK as a model on Google map.

exuma fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 24, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice job! I'm just going to add this to the IC OP.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

So, here is the situation as I see it:

1. Leela clearly likes Emmet -- she makes out with him, then invites him to come get high with her and her friends so she can spend more time with him.

2. On two occasions, though, Emmet has gone out of his way to make sure Chloe will be there as well.

3. Now that he is in this basement Leela invited him to, he is essentially ignoring Leela to go talk with this girl he was so insistent come with them.

Sounds like a good time for jealousy and misunderstandings, to me.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

He is just trying to be friendly! Social cues can be so confusing :smith:

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

drat, Gazetteer that was awesome. I can't help feeling sorry for poor, clueless Emmet though.

TSC, I'm still around, just waiting on GimpInBlack to post.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
Hey guys,

So, I had previously said that I'd be on hiatus starting at the end of this week, but between finishing work at my current job, organizing a move to Montreal, and starting remote work at the new job my time is basically nonexistent. I'm going to have to take a break for a week or two.

Tollymain, your call whether you want to just put Tuck on cold storage for a while, replace him with somebody that can post more regularly, or take him on as an NPC till I get back.

Sorry guys--have fun without me!

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Aw, that's too bad. Having two werewolf clans at such opposite ends of human social class was a cool dynamic -- I hope you can come back later when things calm down for you.

exuma posted:

drat, Gazetteer that was awesome. I can't help feeling sorry for poor, clueless Emmet though.

: ) I'd heard the game designer talk about the Infernal a bit in a podcast interview. He said the idea behind the class is that you're really powerful and can get a lot done at first, but then you eventually hit your Darkest Self and become desperate and comparatively weak. So far the first half is definitely true. And one of the bargains I don't have yet lets me add +2 to any roll, too.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm... give me a few hours to think about it. We can come up with a reason why Tuck would be out of town for a while; PbPs move exceedingly slow so I doubt it needs to be for very long.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just make a post or tell me what kind of post you want me to make to get Tucker out of the picture for now by tomorrow night; otherwise I'll try to come up with something fairly in-character as far as I can tell on my own.

Actually screw it, I'm going to just pull a time-skip on the whole dealie. Hope things get less crazy soon man!

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 28, 2013

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Hope the move, and everything, goes well GimpInBlack. Tucker's too cool not to turn up again.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Good luck with the move, will look forward to Tucker coming back like a boss. :)

Speaking of werewolves, I'm gonna hold off replying until I get Patrick's answer to his prompt. I actually am curious on what car he drives, geez.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Just repeating everybody else's well wishes, good luck in your new home, GimpinBlack.

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Claire Beaumont's part of the story went dark fast, and seems to be quickly headed towards homophobia and (non sexual) child abuse. If anyone finds it too uncomfortable, please say.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Exuma, can you clarify what you're doing?

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Sure, the book said to set awful precedents, so I'm...
  • Videoing the abuse with my phone.
  • Asking the King how to kill Mrs Beaumont. Beyond the veil - 9, he asks for a favour
  • Sending the video to Mrs Beamount with an message to meet me at the lake. Manipulate an NPC - 11, using the implicit threat of making the video public
  • Before she approaches a tight bend in Lake Road phoning her, and goading her, so that she doesn't pay attention to her driving. I haven't rolled for this - none of the standard moves seemed to quite fit.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. It turns out that making the Darkest Self posts in blank verse is surprisingly hard. :blush:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm pretty sure that Melanie is still the one with the most Strings on Patrick and vice versa.

I'm gonna call out Dark, I think.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

I'm pretty sure that Melanie is still the one with the most Strings on Patrick and vice versa.

I'm gonna call out Dark, I think.

Yeeeah. I definitely want to highlight Volatile for Patrick, especially after what happened.

Like I told Tolly, I'm switching one of my moves: Down the Rabbit Hole for... something. I'm not sure yet. But I picked Rabbit Hole largely because I wanted to poke around and get into supernatural trouble (like a werewolf family feud that isn't happening :mad:). It feels like Melanie is set for something else entirely, though.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

My strings haven't changed with anybody, so Exuma/Iris highlights for Emmet again. And since GimpinBlack isn't back, I don't get to highlight for anyone :(

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Iris still has the most strings on Chloe, Chloe has most strings on no one.

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Patrick still has the most strings on Iris.

Emmet highlight Dark - from your last post it seems you're about due to gaze into the abyss.
Chloe highlight Dark too - maybe I'm just in a dark mood this morning.

Last few days have been busy but I will post in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

exuma posted:

Patrick still has the most strings on Iris.

I'm gonna say Hot.

• Locked thread