Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Oh hey, somebody took the plunge MCing this. Awesome. I'll have a character up later, probably Vampire or Werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Daniel Swanson

pre:
The Ghost
Look: Meek, Hollow Eyes
Origin: Left to die.
Stats:
Hot -1
Cold +1
Volatile +0
Dark +1

Moves:
Unresolved Trauma
Whenever you project the blame
and trauma of your death onto your
current situation, roll with dark. On
a 10 up, give two people the blamed
condition. On a 7-9, give up to two
people the blamed condition, but for
each, choose one:
-You gain the delusional condition,
-You can’t speak during this scene,
-You suffer one harm,
-You start re-enacting the scene of your death.

Dissipate
You can walk through walls.

Backstory/Strings: To be determined
Cold, wet, tired and my leg hurting. That's the first and last thing I remember. We'd just moved to Moreau, right in time for a class trip out to the state park. I got lost. Injured, badly. It rained, hard that night, and the next. They never found me but that's okay, I was back in class the next week. Like nothing changed.

Except it did. I'm dead. But I'm still here. I can't leave. Or maybe I don't want to? Sometimes I'm not sure. I'd like to graduate, at least.

Nothing's changed much. I'm still the quiet kid nobody notices, sitting in the same seat. Its been that way for a few...months now? Its hard to tell.

1) Moreau has some amazingly beautiful and pristine woodland surrounding it. You could get lost for days in our state park.

2) Kyle Pettigrew. He was the first student I met, showed me around the school and town, met my parents, the works. He's not in any of my classes (or grade) but he still asks how I'm doing now and then. A few times I almost...disappeared, he got me back on track. I don't know if he knows though.

3) I'm dead, so I can't die or get hurt, right? Not that I've tried it out yet. Sometimes, walls don't really exist. I can get places quicker and where I'm not supposed to be. Its nice.

I'm dead, so I'm not going to grow older or change in any meaningful way. Even if I graduate, I can't go anywhere. Sometimes, I stop existing. I'm nobody. Nothing. Its horrible.

I hate this not-life.

4) Monster Teen Drama Bullshit works for me.

5) Will find something soon. Found a picture, not quite happy with it and might switch it later.

ThreeStep fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 18, 2013

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Daniel, you look a bit tired. Looks like being dead isn't anything like sleeping after all. What do you do in the night when everybody else is getting their eight hours of oblivion? How do you feel about no longer being able to sleep yourself?

I don't think about it much but sometimes, yeah. I get real tired and just want to get in a bed and take a nap. But it doesn't work, even if I close my eyes and try not to think or count sheep or pray. I just have to wait for it to pass. Still feel like poo poo though. Just one more reason I hate this "life."

Reading helps. I'll sit in the library (school or public, doesn't matter) or the bookstore and read whatever. Finished War and Peace in a week. Its overrated. Or I'll walk around town. I know Moreau like the back of my hand now, including a few shortcuts nobody else can use. Sometimes I'll wander the nature trails, looking for well, you know what. But I don't like being out there anymore.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Tollymain posted:

gently caress it let's have a round 3 for questions why not :v:

You people are going to make it loving hard to pick :saddowns:

Welcome to MCing a *World game :v: I'm having fun already seeing what other people come up with.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Daniel, something came back with you. No, no, not some sort of demon or dark voice or anything, thank God. If he exists. Whatever. Anyway, it was just a piece of clothing. Or jewelry? Whatever it is, you can take it off, but it always comes back if nobody's around and you're not paying attention. Is it obnoxious? Embarrassing? Or is it something cool? Funny thing is, you're not sure if you actually owned it before. Nobody else seems to notice anything different about the way you dress. How do you feel about that?

Nobody really wears wristwatches anymore right? Except for me, apparently. Not that I asked for it.

Just look at it. Flashier than I would like if I had to wear a watch. Its too big for my tastes and drives me crazy when it gets cold. The beeping the alarm makes is horrible. I think I've got all the features figured out on it though; did you know you can make text appear? That was cool for a week or two. Even amazed some people in homeroom, until they forgot about it. And me.

But it won't go away and I've tried almost everything I can think of. Tried to trade it. Gave it to Kyle for his birthday. Sold it to the pawn shop. Threw it in a river. Dropped it in a woodchipper. Left it under a pillow. Gave it to Kyle for Christmas. Left it on the road. No luck, guess I'm stuck with it.

There are too many neat watches out there so I chose one at random.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Daniel, let's follow up on that thought there. You said they forgot you. Something weird going on there, or are you just a forgettable person? Either way, how does that make you feel?

I'm curious who's noticed the slight literary allusion present in this thread yet. It's everywhere, I'll hint that much.

I want to say something's weird about this but I can't really. I'm just that bad at keeping a conversation going. Its hard keeping everyone's attention without being, you know, loud or annoying or something. Being a ghost hasn't helped much on that front but yeah, I've always felt awkward. Gotten used to it, though "Oh, its the new kid" is getting real annoying. I'm not new anymore, just because you remembered I sit behind you. I say something every day, but I guess participating in class isn't enough?

I think about showing up through a wall sometimes. I do it all the time, but not when anybody's watching. Yet.
Island of Doctor Moreau?

ThreeStep fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2013

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Daniel, why do you think this happened to you? How does that make you feel?

It drives me crazy not knowing "why me?" It really does. So I did some research one night and came up with a couple of reasons.

One, there's something I need to do, some kind of job or purpose. What is it? I don't know. Big surprise. But finding that out, if it is the reason, gives me something to do. I was going to go to college, you know? Same one as my parents did. I was so focused on that, back before...yeah. Its why I'm so focused on graduating. Gives me something to do, fill the hours, stuff like that. I hope that's the one because otherwise-

Because the other one is this: I'm really a pile of bones somewhere out there and my spirit's...not happy about it? People messed up, big time and it killed me. I died cold and afraid and alone and...and I'm this, this...thing now. And nobody seems to have noticed. Nobody paid for it. Except me, and why? What did I do except...I don't know. Maybe I did do something to deserve this. I barely remember the trip, except how it ended. And I don't even know what to do or where to start with that.

I don't know who you are, but, um. Thanks for listening to all this stuff I'm saying.

ThreeStep fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
drat. And now I notice all the ways I should have answered the questions :v: Best of luck to the ones who got in, looking forward to see what madness unfolds.

• Locked thread