Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
Oh hell yeah.

Hmm... people have already claimed my two favorite skins, and both submissions are really good. Time to branch out a bit.

Tucker Bendis

That whole "alpha wolf, beta wolf, omega wolf" thing is bullshit, you know. Read that on the Internet. Says that modern... wolfologists or whatever think it's more about the pair that gets to breed being the center of the pack and everybody else kinda falling in around them. There's no big boss at the top of the heap, no poor dog on the bottom of the totem pole.

Tell that to my fuckin' family. It's like, what, 'cuz I'd rather go to a poetry slam than Heil Hitler and howl at the moon I'm somehow less of a wolf than they are? I got news for ya, Uncle Paul, ain't no "mud people conspiracy" that took your job, it was you and your case of Old Milwaukee for breakfast every day did that. Not like I'd ever say that to his face. I like my teeth where they are, thanks.

poo poo. Where was I? Oh, right. See, I think all that dominance poo poo comes from the two-leg side, not the four. People's the ones who think "I'm stronger than you, so what's yours is mine." And we're just as much people as we are wolves.

So, I guess what I'm sayin' is: "Gimme your fuckin' wallet before I stick you."

quote:

The Werewolf

Wiry, predatory eyes.
Born a (were)wolf*

Hot 1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark -1

Heightened Senses
When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll. • On a 7-9, ask one:
  • Where’s my best escape route or way in?
  • Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
  • What’s their secret weakness?
  • What poses the biggest threat to me?
  • Who’s in control here?

Bare Your Fangs
While you are your Darkest Self, you may use Volatile instead of Cold to shut someone down or hold steady.

Strings
Melanie: 0
Iris: 1
Chloe: 0
Patrick: 3
Emmet: 0

1) What is an important aspect of the town/city of Moreau to you? This can be bad or good, subjectively or objectively.
There might only be one Starbucks in town, but there's also Merapi if you know the right alley to go down. Uncle Paul'd kill me if he knew I hung out there, but they got poetry slams and jazz musicians and poo poo. It's pretty cool.

2) Who is one person in your life who's important? This is an NPC. I don't need a life story, just a quick description. Friend, family, whatever.
Look, my family's a buncha ignorant shitheels, but there's this girl who lives in the same park as us. Marigold. She's real smart, prolly gonna go be a doctor or a bigshot lawyer or something, only she's got this crush on my brother Corey. And Corey, he don't like it when a girl's smarter than him. Uncle Paul says the only fighting that's allowed in the pack is the Alpha Challenge, but so help me if Corey raises a hand to that girl I will beat his rear end with a silver candlestick.

3) How do you feel about your (or if you're the Mortal, your True Love's) supernatural nature? (Note: If you're playing the mortal, don't choose a True Love until after players have been selected.)
Hell, bein' a werewolf kicks rear end! If it weren't for that, I'd just be one more trailer trash kid in a lovely little town in the middle of goddamn nowhere. It's just... ain't I supposed to have grown in one of them stubbly beards the girls go nuts over by now?

4) What is a good title for a Monsterhearts game? I literally can't think of anything. Oops.
Monster Teen Drama Bullshit is the clear answer.

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Tollymain posted:

Tucker, so your uncle's a Neo-Nazi? Yikes. Does the rest of the town know about this? If so, does this affect the way the townspeople see you? Also why for you mug me man I done nothing to you leave me alone I won't tell nobody...

Ain't just my uncle, it's pretty much the whole bunch of 'em. And it's hard to be subtle about it when you got a big-rear end tattoo of a Nazi eagle on your Adam's apple. Uncle Paul says it's to show people the only thing he bares his throat to is the Thousand-Year Reich. Whatever. Seems like most people just ignore it, gimme a wide berth, but I've gotten in a few scraps on account of people thinking the apple don't fall far from the tree. I can deal with that, fine, but every once in a while somebody who knows about my family will catch my eye and give me a little smile and a nod, y'know, like "don't tell nobody, but I got your back." Those are the times I wanna puke.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Tucker, what's the one thing in your life you're the most proud of? An achievement? Something you own? Something about who you are right now? Is it openly known or a secret?

Oh that's easy. Thing I'm most proud of? Adair. My little man. Smart as a whip, and he's gonna be one hell of a ladykiller when he grows up. I get out to see him every weekend, even though his momma's seeing that guy that goes to the state college now. And as much as I'd love to tell everybody about him, if it turns out he's got the wolf Uncle Paul'd snatch him up to "raise him right." So I gotta be careful and I gotta be quiet, but I do what I can. Becky--that's his momma--she thinks my family's some kinda weirdo survivalist cult. She ain't half wrong.

quote:

GimpInBlack, I'm curious what your original two choices would have been. Feel free to not answer if you don't feel like it.

My favorite skins are the Ghoul and the Infernal--which, granted, may well be because the two times I've played Monsterhearts those were the skins I played. But the more I think about Tucker, the more I'm starting to like him.

Incidentally, I'm intentionally being vague on baby Adair's age, because I'm not sure how old the characters are meant to be, but I figure Tucker was about 16 when Adair was born.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Tucker, as unhappy as you are dealing with your clan and this town, have you ever considered just... leaving? Do you have an plan for leaving this town? If you do, what keeps you from taking the first train on out of here and never coming back? What ties you to Moreau?

(Switching to OOC for this answer, because I don't think Tucker has the self-reflection to answer it.

Honestly, the thought of leaving has never really crossed Tucker's mind--well, beyond the vague "one day I'll get out of this lovely town" feeling common to pretty much every teenager everywhere.

Truth, though? Moreau's all Tuck knows. Part of that's the wolf and its territorial instincts, part of it's the isolated upbringing, but deep down Tucker doesn't relieve get that there's other places he could go and that he could just cut his family out of his life for good. It's just not how he thinks, and if someone actively sat him down and said "you can do this," he'd still probably come up with a dozen excuses not to, starting with Adair and Marigold and going on from there.

Basically Tucker is an E/N thread waiting to happen, is what I'm saying.

EDIT: Hey Tollymain, I just found out that my impending move from Seattle to Montreal, which I thought was going to happen in about another month or so, is now on for a week from Saturday. We're going to be driving, and between the road trip and the chaos of getting settled in the new city, starting the new job, etc. etc., I'm anticipating about a week of not being able to post much, if at all, starting March 2nd. If that's going to impact the timetable for starting the game, let me know and I'll withdraw Tuck from consideration.

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 19, 2013

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

drat, this thing blew up while I was out last night. Okay, so, strings:

I lack subtlety. Everyone gets one string on me.

Patrick... yeah, I've been watching you from a distance for weeks. I got your number. Good doggie.

(I don't think I have the most strings on anyone, so I don't get to tell anybody to highlight stats.)

Emmet, man, I was planning to rip you off. But then we started talking a little, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. You were just so... I dunno, earnest? Woulda been like kicking a puppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

Hey guys,

So, I had previously said that I'd be on hiatus starting at the end of this week, but between finishing work at my current job, organizing a move to Montreal, and starting remote work at the new job my time is basically nonexistent. I'm going to have to take a break for a week or two.

Tollymain, your call whether you want to just put Tuck on cold storage for a while, replace him with somebody that can post more regularly, or take him on as an NPC till I get back.

Sorry guys--have fun without me!

• Locked thread