Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Permission to play this skin?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YkCZgw7bMdgy-5ynXUR0gGsO3RoNyof_zX72jaV6vjI/edit?hl=en&forcehl=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Uaica Apinaje

pre:
Dark skinned, with wrathful eyes and rough-spun, colorful clothes.

Once a legend, cut down

Hot 	 2
Cold 	-1
Volatile 1
Dark	-1

quote:

● Dark Appetite
You live on human flesh and spoiled food. Take the Condition sickened whenever you eat or drink normal fare; heal 1-harm (max once per day) when you sate your appetite properly. Add 2 to your next roll versus anyone whose flesh you’ve tasted. The first time someone sees you eat gross stuff, even if they’re hiding, you just know—you each get a String on one another.

○ Foreign Exchange
Spend a String on someone to steal their appearance. Roll with hot. On a hit, it works—you get the Condition disguised, they get duplicated. On a 7-9, fate demands a trade: while you’re transformed, they get one move of yours (their choice) and you can't use it. The transformation lasts until you end it voluntarily, you fill your harm circle, or one sunset and sunrise pass (either order).

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it counts as eating both human flesh and normal fare for Dark Appetite purposes (even if you no longer have it—see advancement). You get the usual +2 to your next roll against them. Re: strings for watching you feed for the first time, your partner or partners don’t count, but anyone who walks in on you does. They get a String on, and give a String to, whoever you’re sleeping with as well.

Darkest Self
Among your people, you were born to rule, to command, to terrorize. Here you get no respect. It’s easier just to be what they want you to be—and what they want you to be isn’t very nice. You embody the grotesque, acting strange and different not because that’s who you are, but because it disgusts and terrifies those around you. Exult in your difference. Let them know just how far from normal you are, and make them quake in terror and admiration—by force if necessary. Exit your Darkest Self when you have glutted yourself on lies, flesh, and violence; or when someone recognizes an important similarity between your way of life and theirs.

Uaica vaguely remembers a time before. Those memories mock him, looming out of the past to taunt them then retreating. Those hateful memories are the only things he sees when he dreams, but he does not dream often. he clearly remembers running, though, taking what he could and fleeing with his family as the bulldozers came. The foreigners had lied, said they could help, but the bulldozers came and flattened their village, driving them out before the dam went up and drowned everything, forever. He remembers a tree, watching its broad, green limbs sink beneath the reservoir. It used to be important to him, somehow.

There were shelters, anger, homelessness, and learning. He learned the language of the men behind the bulldozers, the contractors behind the dam. He learned how to ensnare and bewitch. He pretended to be an ophan and got himself adopted, with his skin darker than walnut, his clothes rough and bright, marking him as strange. Worse, he sees others wear a mockery of his style, 'hippies' or 'hipsters', as they sometimes call or are called. Sometimes the labels change, or contradict, but they enrage him even as they offer some trace of comfort.

They call him 'indigenous' or 'native' or, if they are especially ignorant, 'Latino'. He's like a toy, to them, strange and dark. They are like toys, too, but because they are foolish and fragile. It would be so easy to just blend in, but he hates that temptation, too. He is lonely, but who could possibly know what it is like to be so very alone?

1) What is an important aspect of the town/city of Moreau to you? The contracting company that built the dam is headquartered here. They ran roughshod over the injunctions that might have protected Uaica's past, now everything he cared about is gone.
2) Who is one person in your life who's important? His adopted parents. They don't really understand him, but they sure try hard.
3) How do you feel about your supernatural nature? It's a weapon. He revels in it, and hates that he has to hide it to get anywhere.
4) What is a good title for a Monsterhearts game? A pound of flesh.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

quote:

Uaica, how do you pronounce that? How do you respond when people get it wrong? Rakshasa are Indian, checking my notes. Is that what you generally pass as?

Just it's spelled, jeez. oo-AYE-ka, it's not that hard. And, no, I don't have a nickname. People already want to lump me into any group they drat well please, but I guess I can stomach being called 'Brazilian'.

OOC: The Rakshasa in particular may be Indian, but the skin is just about foreign-ness and a hatred of cultural appropriation. Uaica is a character traditional legend of an indigenous Brazilian tribe, but such drastic damage was done to the people that their land of the gods is riven, rendering Uaica like a fallen god, a demon who believes himself to be a man.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

quote:

Uaica, there's one guy who gives you a lot of poo poo, and he just won't let up. Why haven't you done anything about it? What do you want to do about it?

Ugh, Dave is such a poo poo. He's bigger than me, thinks he's stronger than me, and is just another one of the shitheads who loves to call me 'an illegal' when he thinks it will get a laugh. I'd shut him up, but his younger brother is actually alright. He reads, and it seems like he actually cares, and doesn't treat me like a toy. Garrett is a good guy, I guess that skips siblings.

If it wasn't for Garret, though, I'd steal Dave's skin, leave him in a ditch, and let myself get caught doing the kind of poo poo Dave dreams of doing. He'll wake up scared, cold, and alone, and then the cops will want him and he'll feel like nothing is safe. I'd like that.

• Locked thread