Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
^^^ Correct, it's currently Mo Cowan.

Joementum posted:

Likely/Lean Republican: 4 (GA, KY, ME, NE, WV)

You have five listed here.

On the House side of things, is there any indication things might change at all? I doubt there'll be a switch in power since the party opposed to the President tends to gain seat in midterms. But is there any indication yet if someone might challenge Boehner for Speaker? Also I had heard Pelosi was going to retire either at the end of this term or the next, though I suppose that will end up in a peaceful transferal of power to Clyburn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

De Nomolos posted:

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Steve King. He's essentially got the nomination wrapped up.

This is really happening, isn't it?

http://www.steveking2014.com/

Oh dear...

What happened to Rove's SuperPAC that was going to run candidates against unelectable Tea Party crazies in the primary?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Dr. Tough posted:

So what are the chances of her being expelled from the House, versus being censured or admonished or some other weak poo poo?

She's a Tea Party darling, so the House isn't going to do anything to her as long as the Republicans are in control.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

It's pretty easy, anything remotely eloquent is from the TV show.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Are any likely gay marriage initiatives heating up, or is everyone waiting to hear what the Supreme Court says?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

ufarn posted:

It's starting to look like the California gubernatorial recall.

It's about a hundred and twenty-six candidates away from that clusterfuck.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

So it is now 4:00 PM in New Jersey. The official candidates for Lautenberg's Senate seat are:

Democrats
Corey Booker (frontrunner)
Sheila Oliver
Frank Pallone
Steve Rush Holt

Republicans
Steve Lonegan
Alieta Eck (Tea Party)

Commentators are claiming that the GOP has all but already conceded the seat to Booker. I'm not too familiar with the Republican candidates. Anyone know much about them/ how they stack up against Booker?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Plastic Megaphone posted:

And lets not forget, Cheney won't be the only challenger for Enzi's seat: http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2013/05/27/news/19local_05-27-13.txt

"I'm not a racist or anti-semite, but that Hitler guy had a lot of good ideas going for him!"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Joementum posted:

He's also being challenged by Richard Cash (Dick Cash possibly being the best Republican name of all time)

Only because Dick Armey has one too many 'e's.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Chernobyl Prize posted:

Scott Brown isn't running for governor, or anything else it sounds like. https://www.facebook.com/ScottBrownforSenate/posts/10151772008118168

We were talking about him touring the Iowa State Fair in the Presidential Election thread. If he's gunning for 2016, he wouldn't want to run a campaign and take on a new job right before hand. It's a good thing there's not another, better known North-Eastern Republican campaigning for 2016, otherwise Scott Brown would be right hosed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

comes along bort posted:

To be far that is a little weird.

I agree, you'd have to be pretty far gone to think that's worth obsessing over.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Joementum posted:

Poster for a Steve Lonegan rally.

I like how Lonegan is getting second billing for his own rally. Who'd have thought a forgone New Jersey senate race would end up being so entertaining?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I thought the Senate Conservatives Fund was run by jokers like Cruz and Lee. Do they really hold significant sway over the party and elections?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Joementum posted:

:drac: :spooky: :witch: Cory Booker will be officially sworn in at noon on Halloween :witch: :spooky: :drac:

Biden's the one that swears in Senators, right? God, I hope he does a cheesy vampire accent the whole time.

"Do you svear you vill support and devend zhe Conztitution? Ahaha!"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Besides presumably the ability to win over the Tea Partiers, what does Bevin have going for him? I ask because McConnell, as Minority Leader, has tons of connections and money. Is there anyone (of importance) in Bevin's corner? Or is the whole thing Quixotic and the best we can hope for is that McConnell says some dumb poo poo to placate the Tea Party.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Caros posted:

Damnit. Every time someone talks about her I get that drat rhyming song stuck in my head. Every loving time.

That was McConnell's plan all along. How would you like six years of Senator Grimes in the news every day? Vote Yertle again in 2014!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Really, there's a sarcastic :argh:? We don't have enough sarcastic smilies?

Nah, it's just the :arghfist: smiley next to a :rolleyes: smiley.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Scenario: McConnell loses, but the Republicans retake the Senate. Who takes over the leadership?

Hey, Xylo said keep your Sheep Game picks to yourself!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Who writes the DNC fundraising emails? They all have subjects like DOOMED and TERRIBLE NEWS and YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE THIS! By November we're going to run out of panic.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Well, one of the guys from McDaniel's campaign who conspired to take pictures of Cochran's vegetable wife (and state Tea Party Vice Chair) offed himself. I really wonder what that attack ad would have involved. No doubt top 10 worst all time for pure scumminess.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/06/27/mark-mayfield-dead/11456769/

Quick, let's start some Vince Foster-esque rumors about this.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Joementum posted:

Rumor has it that John Walsh is going to pull out of the MT Senate race and maybe let someone (Schweitzer) else (Brian Schweitzer) run (Former MT Governor Brian Schweitzer).

Weren't the polls saying that Walsh had no chance? Does Schweitzer have a chance?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Like, I don't doubt all these groups and politicians are incestuous and nepotistic as gently caress, but this looks like what a crazy person would put up on his wall.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

baw posted:

I would be so happy if more people made posts like this about their state.

Jerry Brown (D), Incumbent
Currently in first place and polling at 53.5%
I am Governor Jerry Brown My aura smiles And never frowns Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away I will be Fuhrer one day I will command all of you Your kids will meditate in school Your kids will meditate in school!

California Uber Alles California Uber Alles Uber Alles California Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you 100% natural You will jog for the master race And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here Big Bro' on white horse is near The hippies won't come back you say Mellow out or you will pay Mellow out or you will pay!

Now it is 1984 Knock-knock at your front door It's the suede/denim secret police They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp Don't you worry, it's only a shower For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas Serpent's egg's already hatched You will croak, you little clown When you mess with President Brown When you mess with President Brown

Neel Kashkari (R) Challenger
Currently in second place and polling at 34.5%

You gonna wash your hands?

No... cause I'm evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I can't be the only one who thinks he looks like Lex Luthor.

• Locked thread