Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

Massachusetts: Ed Markey (D) (Incumbent). Currently unchallenged.

Markey's not really an incumbent, is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

I think he's more of a fan of the lakes, the great lakes, but also all the little inland lakes that dot the parts of Michigan.

I hate to defend Mitt Romney, but lakes are pretty great.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

Things are getting mighty gay down in South Carolina where a director of GOPround, Bruce Carroll aka @GayPatriot, has resigned to explore a run against Lindsey Graham.

Is "gay Republican" going to get votes in the triple digits? That seems almost pointless in the South.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gen. Ripper posted:

When McAuliffe loses all the questions will be variations on "why the hell did the Dems nominate an egotistical douchebag?"

To be fair, most politicians fall into that category. (They just don't advertise until after they've been elected.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gygaxian posted:

See, the idea of a sophisticated political machine is bizarre to me, since I live in a state (Utah) where there is no strong political machine, just half-baked GOTV efforts and reliance on the Republican lean of the only voters who bother to show up at the voting booth. We don't have anything like "party bosses", besides of course the state chairs. So the Norcross chat is helpful. Any further info on political machines in general would help a lot.

Love Royko. Love this book, too. :allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mcmagic posted:

Who are the people who think that running against Mitt Romney was the reason he won? Because they are the right ones.

If the economy were a little worse and Todd Akin didn't talk about rape and the 47% video didn't exist, Romney could have won. It would be horrible, but I don't think it was impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

silvergoose posted:

The quote marks were to signify that this is not my opinion, this is my translation of the post in question.

Besides, Deseretians would be awesome.

Would you pronounce it "dez-ur-et-ee-enz" or "dez-ur-aish-enz"?

• Locked thread