Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liquid Penguins posted:

Is this really what people want from a tomb raider game?

...Well kind of now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

By the way, if anyone is curious about the Scavenger Hunt preorder promo Gamestop is doing, it's pretty simple:

Every Monday, you get a trivia question and a photo challenge. The trivia is always about the game, and the answers can be easily Googled. The photo challenges make you take a picture of something. This week's was "Something that makes music", last week's was a boat (Real or toy), the week before was "Someone you admire" etc.

One catch is that they only permit you to participate in the photo challenges if you add a picture of yourself to your profile. As far as I can tell they don't use this photo for anything and nobody else sees it, but they require it.

Completing the challenges earn you sweepstakes entries for stuff you're not actually going to win, and DLC for when the game comes out. They all seem to be skill boosts. I'm not sure if they're early unlocks or exclusive though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't get to use the base camp just before the radio tower (Early game, 2 hours in maybe) because it said there were enemies nearby. Do I have to go to a previous camp and climb back there, or does it unlock on its own? I didn't reach somewhere with fast travel before I stopped playing so I couldn't check myself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

Ughhhh why can't there be one loving post-apocalyptic game that doesn't have zombies in some capacity? It's just so drat lazy.

Because the definition of zombie has grown to include like 9 other things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speedball posted:

I like how all climbable surfaces were marked but unobtrusively so. White, flaking-off paint on most things you could scramble up, typically.

In the Lost Adventurer pre-order tomb, part of a plane you can climb has long scratches down it.

DangerKat posted:

Outside of the ropes, I'm having a hard time placing any white fabrics being perfectly clean. The effigies in Shantytown are probably the closest but they definitely have some grime on them.

Maybe not perfectly clean, but a lot of the cloth you need to burn is pretty drat white.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there more than one finisher animation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Also the weapon executions are brutal. Oh don't mind me, just gonna kick you in the face and pump a dozen rounds out of my AK into your chest. :stare:

How do you do those? I always just get the rock one.

• Locked thread