Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cool. I honestly didn't enjoy Civil War and flat-out skipped Fear Itself.

In thread-related news, there's still a little bit left at Mini Wargaming's clearance sale. Huge discounts on some Spartan Games and Mantic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

moths posted:

In thread-related news, there's still a little bit left at Mini Wargaming's clearance sale. Huge discounts on some Spartan Games and Mantic stuff.

Looks like they won't ship outside Canada.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

PublicOpinion posted:

Looks like they won't ship outside Canada.

They ship to US just fine, not sure where you're located though.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Huh. I'm in Washington, but when I tried to check out it said there weren't any shipping options.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

For any of you 4e (7e) Gamma World players, Amazon has a deal on the Legion of Gold Supplement (Expansion? Adventure? GW1?) in limited stock for $12. Twelve freaking bucks. You get a 160 pg book with the adventure and optional rules (like riding rules, vocations, feats), four sheets of tokens, and 10 new Alpha & Omega cards, as well as new poster maps.

These expansions usually retail around $22 (look at Famine in Far-Go) and is being sold so cheap because it is marked as a "Bargain Book", meaning it is completely new but bears a small blemish or mark. I have personally ordered this exact item, and the blemish described is a small sticker on an edge of the box, while the contents of the box were perfect. This is the last one, so I can't be sure how long this deal will last. Snatch it up!

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Bought. Better luck next time, nerds. :smuggo:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

A couple new things on the discount block..

Free: Pathways, Pathfinder Magazine - This is a free magazine full of new templates, monsters, encounters and all kinds of other stuff for your Pathfinder game. This is always free at DTRpg.

Discounted: Judge Dredd: Apocalypse Dawn - Set in Mongoose's Traveller system, this product is a mini-adventure for four to six judges. Travel around the Mega City and uncover sleeper agents and chemical weapons. Also features this, apparently:

quote:

Includes a complete tour of Sector House 190!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

A deal I learned about in GrandpaPants' Boardgame Deals thread, Funagain.com is having a warehouse sale with hundreds of items at discount prices.

FunAgain.com SALE

While most of this stuff is ehh (puzzles on puzzles) there's some winners in there. All this stuff is limited stock, so jump on this ASAP if you're gonna buy.

Noteable Items:
  • Axis & Allies minis, 1:100 scale
  • Battles of Westeros expansions
  • Call of Cthulhu LCG expansions, a bunch
  • Chainmail (!)
  • Chez Goth
  • Cribbage Boards (Walnut)
  • Cthulhu Dice
  • D&D power cards, rule books, dungeon tiles
  • Deck Boxes
  • Descent minis
  • Game of Thrones the Card Game
  • Kaijudo Battle Decks, boosters
  • Killer Bunnies, an rear end load
  • MtG Koth vs Venser
  • Marvel Heroclix
  • something called "super dungeon explore!"
  • so many puzzles
  • Warhammer LCG stuff
  • Catan expansions

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 14, 2013

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Atomic Highway is free today.

quote:

Civilization came crashing down. Billions died.
A new Dark Age has begun. The descendants of the apocalypse's survivors scavenge the remnants of the Before Times, struggling to build a new life amidst the ruins of the old. In a savage world where the strong ravage and exploit the weak, the survivors' settlements are oases, connected only by convoys of armed and armored vehicles that run the gauntlet of raiders... and worse.
Though the threats of chemical and biological agents and radiation have all but faded, their taint lingers on in every mutant born to man and beast.
This is the world of Atomic Highway.

Atomic Highway is a complete roleplaying game. All you need to play it is this book, a few friends, paper and pencils, and a few ordinary dice.

Features:

The V6 Engine: a simple, fast-playing game system that emphasizes cinematic, or "movie-style" action, supported with many clear examples.
Quick and easy character creation rules providing dozens of potential character types. Tear along the shattered highway as a road warrior, track down monstrous threats as a brave tribal warrior, or unearth the wonders of the past as a canny scavenger.
Rules for mutants and mutations, including optional rules for humanoid animals and psychic powers.
Straightforward rules for a wide variety of vehicles and modifications.
A complete bestiary of threats, mundane and mutated.
Easy-to-use scavenging tables - you never know what you'll unearth.
A customizable setting with advice and tips on how to create your own post-apocalyptic world.
Roleplaying and game running advice for Players and Game Masters, new and experienced alike.
A ready-to-use introductory adventure.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Arc Dream has a sale on their RPG Monsters and Other Childish Things http://www.arcdream.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=45 - get $200 of MAOCT books for $50

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So apparently there's now a "Humble Indie Bundle" for tabletop RPGs: Tabletop Drop.

It's a "pay anything for this bundle of games" deal, but it's not set up like the Humble Bundle where they tell you the average donation is, or how much has been raised.

Also one of the games is "TIER: The Enhanced Roleplaying Game", which came up in g.txt a while back because it's an attempt at classless d20 by a guy who's apparently never played any games outside 3.x and 4e. So there's that.

I have heard good things about Spears of the Dawn, though.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Evil Mastermind posted:

So apparently there's now a "Humble Indie Bundle" for tabletop RPGs: Tabletop Drop.

It's a "pay anything for this bundle of games" deal, but it's not set up like the Humble Bundle where they tell you the average donation is, or how much has been raised.

Also one of the games is "TIER: The Enhanced Roleplaying Game", which came up in g.txt a while back because it's an attempt at classless d20 by a guy who's apparently never played any games outside 3.x and 4e. So there's that.

I'm a big fan of Spears of the Dawn, and highly recommend it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

Arc Dream has a sale on their RPG Monsters and Other Childish Things http://www.arcdream.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=45 - get $200 of MAOCT books for $50

Including famous author Ross Payton's Road Trip campaign. :)

I really wish I could spare $50 right now.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

DriveThruRPG has a couple of offerings for you fans of cheap stuff:

• Cogs, Cakes, & Swordsticks - A FREE preview of an upcoming steampunk RPG set in industrial-era London. Expect a lot of brass and gears.
  • World of Steamfortress - Another steampunk rpg that's covered in cogs. This is a sourcebook for the "Timewelder" Series, and outlines characters and the world in great detail. Probably has a bunch of stuff that you could rivet onto your other steampunk games. Dont forget to polish your brass.
  • Luchador: Way of the Mask - I'm gonna be honest here, I have no idea what this is, or even what system it uses. It appears to be about masked Mexican wrestlers, as well as everything that that entails. I do know that it's only :10bux: marked down from $15

As always, keep an eye out for deals to share with your fellow TG goons, and have fun with your cheap rear end games!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of bundle deals (well, I was, anyway), in about 13 hours from now the Bundle of Holding +2 will launch. I don't know what's going to be in it, but Fred Hicks of Evil Hat hinted that he'll have something in there.

e: It looks like they're doing the "pay above the average and get bonus stuff" thing too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RPGNow is doing a Oklahoma Charity Bundle: a $15 donation gets you about $150 worth of stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of bundle deals (well, I was, anyway), in about 13 hours from now the Bundle of Holding +2 will launch. I don't know what's going to be in it, but Fred Hicks of Evil Hat hinted that he'll have something in there.

e: It looks like they're doing the "pay above the average and get bonus stuff" thing too.

Here's the lineup:

Kagematsu (Danielle Lewon)
Grey Ranks (by Fiasco designer Jason Morningstar)
Shooting the Moon (Emily Care Boss)
A Penny for My Thoughts (Paul Tevis)
Hollowpoint (Brad Murray and C. W. Marshall) - Beat-the-Average Bonus
Monsterhearts (Joe Mcdaldno) - Beat-the-Average Bonus

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Danger Patrol should go in the sci-fi section of free games in the OP.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Splicer posted:

Danger Patrol should go in the sci-fi section of free games in the OP.

Consider it done. Thanks for the heads up!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I grabbed this, but can't find where to download the games. Has anyone else gotten this one?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Agent Rush posted:

I grabbed this, but can't find where to download the games. Has anyone else gotten this one?

I got an email from info@thetabletopdrop.com saying my payment had succeeded and that I had 10000 times I could download the files in the next 4k years or something like that and they provided a download link. I haven't downloaded them yet, but I probably will later.

So I guess check your email for a second one from them.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Krabkolash posted:

I got an email from info@thetabletopdrop.com saying my payment had succeeded and that I had 10000 times I could download the files in the next 4k years or something like that and they provided a download link. I haven't downloaded them yet, but I probably will later.

So I guess check your email for a second one from them.

Turns out the download link goes to the email linked to the payment account rather than the one linked to Tabletop Drop.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
That seems dumb. I just searched for tabletopdrop in gmail, so I didn't even notice that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

Good cause, and I'm interested in Spears of the Dawn. Thanks for the heads up.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

DriveThruRpg has ShadowRun 4E, Mongoose's Traveller, LotFR 4E and King Arthur Pendragon 5.1E pdfs for 75% off for the week. ShadowRun is getting a new Edition later this year, and the original guy behind Traveller is releasing a new edition later... this century(?), but they must be worth it at that price.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

clockworkjoe posted:

Does anyone know why shipping on this in the US is 26 dollars?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It appears those are both PDFs as well as hard copies. If you look on the listing, many things are offered in hardcover, paperback, as well as PDF. Their page says it weighs 7.6 pounds, so that would explain the shipping cost... Unless you were wondering why they charge what they charge. I couldn't tell you that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

International shipping in America just poo poo the bed. I'm not sure why, but you'll see this everywhere now.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's also a failsafe way to make money on clearance items. I just paid ThoughtHammer (previous page) $9 for shipping on five sets of dice. Even with ridiculous shipping it was still a hell of a deal. Most retailers it seems are charging an arm and a leg for shipping, as you don't have to claim it in the cover price.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Does anyone know why shipping on this in the US is 26 dollars?

Do you mean shipping from the US internationally? (In which case moths is correct, international shipping from the US recently went insane.) If you mean inside the US, it shouldn't be. They charged me $7.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Chess 2 (the sequel, apparently), is currently free at the Sirlin Games Store.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

If you miss the glory days of early 90's PC gaming, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption is on sale for $2.99 over at GoG. This isn't forums-favorite V:tM Bloodlines - this is the one that starts in the Dark Ages.

e: Sale ends in ~ 30 hours.

moths fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 2, 2013

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

malkav11 posted:

Do you mean shipping from the US internationally? (In which case moths is correct, international shipping from the US recently went insane.) If you mean inside the US, it shouldn't be. They charged me $7.

Well, gently caress. I'm in the US and $26 was the only option. I wonder what happened.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hey TG, got a quick update for you. As a prelude to a coming post, I would like to remind everyone that Free RPG Day is June 15. Check the posted site to find a participating LGS, and info on what's offered.

As always, here's a couple of discounted items, available for a limited time.

• Promethean: the Created - Set in White Wolf's World of Darkness universe, this system deals with Prometheans, which are basically golems and homunculi, creatures despised and outcast by every facet of society, from gods to mortals. They've got what looks to be the complete list of books, and all of 'em are on sale. This offer only lasts until Saturday (6/8).

I've never played any WoD games, but you can ask people who know better about the game right here.

I hope everyone's doing well, and, as always, have fun with your cheap games!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RPGNow/DriveThru just put a bunch of stuff up for "pay what you want".

Some highlights:
Sub-Rosa by our own RulebookHeavily
Galactic Council, Wizard Council, and No Laugh Dungeon Crawl by Mikan
Home of the Brave by Dennis Santana who posts here but I don't remember as who
Fate Core and Fate Accelerated Edition by Evil Hat
Something Went Wrong by Ben Gerber
Ęternal Legends by Zero Point Information

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Aeternal Legends is pretty great, if you haven't checked it out and like urban fantasy, it's thoroughly cool and flexible.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

There are innumerable ways in which I can stop you.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That'd be me :blush:. The Pay What You Want system is pretty interesting and it'll be nice to see how we all do in it!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Some highlights:
Sub-Rosa by our own RulebookHeavily
Galactic Council, Wizard Council, and No Laugh Dungeon Crawl by Mikan
Fate Core and Fate Accelerated Edition by Evil Hat
Something Went Wrong by Ben Gerber
Ęternal Legends by Zero Point Information

Quest of the Wizards is PWYW too (I don't mind if you pay $0 because you can still dig it up from the contest thread if you really wanted).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just for the record, it looks like if you get PWYW stuff for zero dollars, you can still go back after the fact and pay cash for them. Which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Nice. Grabbed Fate Core and Fate Accelerated Edition - Fate is an awesome system and I'm glad to get the "official" rules.