Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm scared for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

staplegun posted:

Unless they're picking up talent from people that worked on the original, there's no reason for me to support this before it's released. Although the Planescape setting is pretty rad by itself, the stellar writing is what made that game.

And considering this isn't the Planescape setting, well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm reminded of a post that I regrettably can't find now but it went something like: "inXile is going to single handedly revive and then kill this genre all over again."

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sir_Seth posted:

I'm just sayin' making quality games is not inXile's forte, so obviously their new business plan is to resurrect old IPs just to leech money from weepy nostalgia-ridden man-children and clearly they are doing a great job of it. :c00l:

Haha I don't know who this Seth guy is but he's cool.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sir_Seth posted:

Nice. Copy and paste that from your previous response rather than actually responding to the evidence. :cheers:

What's your beef with Fargo little man?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sir_Seth posted:

Heck, they couldn't even bother making their own engine for Wasteland 2, they just said gently caress it and went right to Unity.

Yeah developing your own engine is definitely something that is historically a good use of time and resources.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ya know what game I really bounced off of? Wasteland 2. I know I"m not alone in that so for those that felt the same: how does this compare as the next inxile game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Proper eye safety is important in the ultra-dimension. Not a whole lotta eye wash stations around.

• Locked thread