Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
So I take it the consensus is that once it got sold to Rathskeller Publishing and they did that terrible loving second edition which was basically a Paladium clone and stripped all the charm out of the rules that we aren't talking about that any more? I wish someone would pick the IP up and run with it, I would kill for a Squires World nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

homullus posted:

Which is fine, since I think that (RAW) a 1st level commoner could be killed in a fight with rations. So much for verisimilitude.

I always figured that was an injoke about like, fruitcake or hardtack. The first printing was full of that poo poo. That and those doofy cartoons.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Did anyone else ever do up their own character sheets? I made my group play it about a year back, I can't find the rest of the files but I remember the primary statblock sheet that shows the interlocked attribute system:

That was a fun game, I should finish out the sheets. I think the derived atts like defense and hit points and mana went into the niches between the stat points.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Rather than have this be the new thread necroed Ape Fight, I am going to send it off in a burning boat with its swords and armor and things into the Mines of Gold.