Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Since you brought them up, did anyone else have trouble with the J'ockk "Cram into Recepticle" ability being just too powerful? I mean, I tried to telegraph that this was something it could do better, but it was just an unending TPK every time I used a J'ockk, so I wound up just ignoring that it was in there.
You must have been using the 1st Edition stats. They accidentally left out that unlike other imprisonment effects, it Restricted rather than Blocked spellcasting. Also there's an easy to miss note on page 163 (Revised printing, should be in the basic Improvements rules section regardless) that any character with at least two Muscle Improvements can roll a double save against Cram. I don't know why it's there instead of in the J'ockk section, but such are the mysteries of Quigley.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

I can't tell if that last page says Makeovers or Male Lovers; Are you using the Advanced Cosmetology Subsystem from the Portfolio of Professions Personal, or did you opt for the Theban Sacred Band Party System out of the Ancient Greece-inspired Zeusrealm supplement?
I'm pretty sure it's Maneuvers, which means he's somehow managed to shove at least two Tactician improvements in there too. Are you sure that's only a Z5 character?

Either way, the Theban Sacred Band Party System gets completely out of hand once everyone gets to Z7 and takes the Noble Doom improvement. Sure it means everyone's going to get killed by Z11, but frankly the game goes completely off the rails after that point anyways, and you kick every shade of rear end until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dareon posted:

Discussing this was the worst time to learn one of my group had a pregnancy fetish... :negative:
There's a good time to learn one of your group has a pregnancy fetish?

Since we brought up allocation dice, maybe someone can answer something for me. How many allocation dice can you apply to a Defend Other roll? Normally in combat you can't apply more allocation dice to an action than your base TAK, plus any Mastery Improvements for the given skill or weapon, UNLESS it's a Complete Defense roll, in which case you can also add your Shield rating. Defend Other says at the end of its section that it "works in all other ways as Complete Defense." I've always assumed this means you can add those extra allocation dice, but it's not really clear.

Winson_Paine posted:

So I take it the consensus is that once it got sold to Rathskeller Publishing and they did that terrible loving second edition which was basically a Paladium clone and stripped all the charm out of the rules that we aren't talking about that any more?
There is no second edition. :colbert:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Don't forget that the part about high Halflings also benefiting from those Improvements isn't a misprint, at least last I heard.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Ariamaki posted:

And speaking of QMSI, did anyone ever figure out what the appropriate penalty chart was for players who have, in previous campaigns under a different QM than their current one, who is a player in this campaign, killed their QMSI?
Chart 22.5.1 in Appendix C. Killing the QMSI of a fellow player who was your former QM is considered a Type II Offense, along with not chipping in for pizza, arguing with the QM over a character death, and bringing up an ex-girlfriend of the QM (or ex-spouse if the divorce was >10 years ago). It gets bumped to a Type III if the QMSI was a former player character of the QM in question.

We ended up referring to that chart a lot in my group. We went through more QMSI than Spinaltap went through drummers.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

There was supposed to be a whole Kindervolk supplement but it never saw the light of day, as far as I know. A friend of mine had an early draft from a con playtest (how he snuck it out I have no idea). Basically the Kindervolk were going to be the Prussians of the halfling world, in every sense of the word. Rural, but also very organized and militaristic. Sort of poor-man's tinker gnomes as well - mechanically inclined but not mad inventors.

Frankly it looked pretty neat, but what I saw was in no way playable. I don't know whether Quigley just gave up on them or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I've heard he actually was conciliatory in the venue itself, but once he was outside he had an epic shirtless rant about perfidious Albion.

So basically a repeat of 2007.