Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
this looks interesting but it wants far, far too many permissions on android. This probably crops up in every mobage game thread but is anyone aware of any security or privacy concerns that have cropped up as a result of dickery by mobage themselves or in-game advertising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

andrew smash posted:

Is there any reliable way to farm the invite code rares? I currently have a 1/5 sef hydra sitting in my inventory and if I can't realistically upgrade it I'm gonna dump it eventually.

Go to home -> friends -> search and don't search for anything. The default results show the most recently seen players and their levels. Pick someone between level 2-4 (you get to level 4 around when you kill the first boss, and you can only enter an invite code after that). Tap on their creature icon to get to their page, tap wall to get to their wall page, paste in something along the lines of 'welcome to the game, if you want to use my invite code WANG we'll each get a rare, thanks'. Repeat many times. I got mine to epic by doing this.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

I AM BRAWW posted:

I think we need to agree on whether it's a rat a cat.

Also, I need more friends for that achievement, if you guys can, could you add braww24 to your friends list, please :allears: ..

The purple one is a swordrat. The yellow one is a swordcat.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

andrew smash posted:

Is there any reliable way to farm the invite code rares? I currently have a 1/5 sef hydra sitting in my inventory and if I can't realistically upgrade it I'm gonna dump it eventually.

You could use BlueStacks to emulate it and set up an autoIt bot to play and farm it for you.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

D is That Guy posted:

The purple one is a swordrat. The yellow one is a swordcat.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree. I can sort of see why the brown version might remind people of a rat, but it's a recolor of what is obviously a lion-thing sprite, and both their rares look almost identical except for the flame color. I don't know many rats that look like a goddamn leopard. (Plus, all their tails look like lion tails. Rats have long, skinny, furless tails typically -- completely different.)
:goonsay:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I AM BRAWW posted:

I think we need to agree on whether it's a rat a cat.

Also, I need more friends for that achievement, if you guys can, could you add braww24 to your friends list, please :allears: ..

It's a cat, though it really does look rat-ish. I'll add you in a second, chum, I need another friend for that cheev too.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I limped over the finish line of the last 1* round with 2 units at around 25% hp each, I presume 2* is going to kick my arse :v:

It threw a level 0 uncommon priest lookalike unit into my lineup when I hit auto, I saw mention of buffs to certain units in this event but I've not seen much evidence to suggest that yet.

Any suggestions on the best use of Texi? Is it best to mix and match your gear (I notice auto moves it around as well as your units etc) or just buy +atk or +def/counter etc?

Fazana fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 28, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

You'll only see EDGE on event hero fighters, and there are only two evolutionary lines of those this event. If the priest guy you're talking about is one of those like in the Athanaeum, he's a new fighter but not an EDGE unit. In the Stadium though, your fighters get double the chance to proc, which is nice.

My gear buying went like this: "Oh look, I just barely limped my way to 300 texi! TIME TO BUY A WEAPON!" I got the hammer, but it's barely noticeable now. My next three purchases were the +500 attack sawtooths for 3000 texi each, and now I have a 2/5 SEF plains flute (+agi item).

I would either recommend the +agi, or +attack items. If you're going for +attack, I would just get the most expensive one. You can stick those on your faster but weaker fighters so they can do some damage when they attack. Similarly, you can stick a +agi item on a slower, but really strong fighter, to boost up their speed. At 5/5 SEF you have a 30% chance to preempt as well, which on a strong fighter will typically kill what you're fighting.

Counter is nice, but it's not going to help if you have low HP and get shot by something, or if you get magicked by something. Speed in this game is pretty key.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Fazana posted:

I limped over the finish line of the last 1* round with 2 units at around 25% hp each, I presume 2* is going to kick my arse :v:

It threw a level 0 uncommon priest lookalike unit into my lineup when I hit auto, I saw mention of buffs to certain units in this event but I've not seen much evidence to suggest that yet.

Any suggestions on the best use of Texi? Is it best to mix and match your gear (I notice auto moves it around as well as your units etc) or just buy +atk or +def/counter etc?

Level 2 stadium is rough. My good units are all low WIS guys. The were great in Atheneum, but they are getting rocked in stadium. Luckily for me I have a Lovebane who's got 1200 speed/1200 wis with a 44%(88%) proc rate. He does the heavy lifting. Man I want to get him to epic just because he looks like a Gene Simmons/Diablo mashup.

My biggest beef with this event is the Doxite builds. In over 200 builds I've only managed to snag 2 uncommons. Also the rate of commons:ikupis is insane. I like the xp, but jeez. I do 20 builds and get 14 ikupis.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 28, 2013

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I'm getting destroyed in the level 1 stadium. All my magic guys die in one hit so I'm stuck using my non magic troops.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
This looks really good, can't believe I just noticed it now. Will download this tonight I reckon.

Are there any plans to bring this to PC as a port?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ZeroAX posted:

I'm getting destroyed in the level 1 stadium. All my magic guys die in one hit so I'm stuck using my non magic troops.

I figured out you're supposed to start with the one star dungeon, not the three star one. Pretty counterintuitive.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Mozi posted:

I figured out you're supposed to start with the one star dungeon, not the three star one. Pretty counterintuitive.

How is this counterintuitive at all

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Because the one star dungeon icon is gold where the two star is bronze and the three star is brown, plus in the echelons in the previous event fewer stars = more difficult.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 1, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Eh? I could have sworn all the difficulty levels are the same color (silver? gold?). I guess I can see how that would be confusing if the Echelon event was your first event. That said, if you took a look at them, you'd notice 5000 points for mission 1 (3*) and like, 500 points (1*) are a bit different.

So, once again, DOT developers decide to add a shitton of stuff after the event has started. There are now mortal enemies / ambushes, which are basically just like regular battles from what I can tell. If you defeat them, you get +1 victory. I'm guessing they will get more difficult with each battle? On certain victories, you get guaranteed similiths (1st, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 30th, 50th, 100th). 5th and up are rares. This is detailed under event rules. You can also buy a 10 premium build and get a guaranteed event epic, which will have EDGE for the next 3 days or so. Of course, that's $30.

I've been reading the thread and kind of chuckling, remembering how even 2* dungeons can be difficult when you're starting out... when I hit stadium 2-5 (I think) and started getting my mage fighters decimated. They're not really leveled up which isn't helping, so when they don't take out an enemy they get one-shot right afterwards. Whoops.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Clocks posted:

Eh? I could have sworn all the difficulty levels are the same color (silver? gold?). I guess I can see how that would be confusing if the Echelon event was your first event. That said, if you took a look at them, you'd notice 5000 points for mission 1 (3*) and like, 500 points (1*) are a bit different.

So, once again, DOT developers decide to add a shitton of stuff after the event has started. There are now mortal enemies / ambushes, which are basically just like regular battles from what I can tell. If you defeat them, you get +1 victory. I'm guessing they will get more difficult with each battle? On certain victories, you get guaranteed similiths (1st, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 30th, 50th, 100th). 5th and up are rares. This is detailed under event rules. You can also buy a 10 premium build and get a guaranteed event epic, which will have EDGE for the next 3 days or so. Of course, that's $30.

I've been reading the thread and kind of chuckling, remembering how even 2* dungeons can be difficult when you're starting out... when I hit stadium 2-5 (I think) and started getting my mage fighters decimated. They're not really leveled up which isn't helping, so when they don't take out an enemy they get one-shot right afterwards. Whoops.

It seems they also changed what shows up in the doxite builds. I was getting all kinds of common swordlions and hollyflys. I needed one more of each common for the rare. Now in 40 doxite I haven't seen one. :mad:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

D is That Guy posted:

It seems they also changed what shows up in the doxite builds. I was getting all kinds of common swordlions and hollyflys. I needed one more of each common for the rare. Now in 40 doxite I haven't seen one. :mad:

Pretty sure it switched with the day change, today is magic yesterday was speed. I think we are going to go speed, then magic and a final day with both now. So you can finish up your other stuff if you want to hold out for a few more hours.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
It would be great if my mages would cast their loving spells, then maybe I could actually get through 2-4. Instead I watch as each battle one of my mages gets oneshot because he decided to go ahead and attack one guy for a miniscule amount of damage

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I am playing entirely too much of this game. Not even with flipping pokemon was I so concerned with collecting and levelling up my doods. It's pretty serene now, though, as I ran out of GLU and duct tape, so I just make it as far as I can, wipe, and repeat. Two more Manu and it goes rare :unsmith:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

NotAnArtist posted:

I am playing entirely too much of this game. Not even with flipping pokemon was I so concerned with collecting and levelling up my doods. It's pretty serene now, though, as I ran out of GLU and duct tape, so I just make it as far as I can, wipe, and repeat. Two more Manu and it goes rare :unsmith:

Evolved monsters have base proc rates again so if you are relying on him to proc his skill it may be better to keep it uncommon (maybe?) gently caress it the extra HP and defense will probably let him take a hit.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hit the lottery with a single doxite pull.

This thing and its rare counterpart made extremely short work of colluseum 2. Both have a 90% chance to cast their spell. :getin:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh go to hell. I hate you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

D is That Guy posted:

This thing and its rare counterpart made extremely short work of colluseum 2. Both have a 90% chance to cast their spell. :getin:

Make me feel better, tell me you paid to get the materials for that.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I paid $30 and got one of those. :shobon: I'm one of those people who will spend $$$ on games like these, though. Congrats on your epic! If you level it up to 40, you can get through 3* stadium pretty easily except in the case that its attack doesn't proc. In which case you might need to use a GLU on it and keep going. I went through 3-2 after I got it yesterday, I'm sure you can go through more than that as well.

That said, at level 40, its stats are actually worse than a 4/5 SEF level 54 Petrus (the green-robed monkey dude who is the rare rank reward / occasional drop). I have a friend with one and it has something like 3000+ magic and 2500+ agility, as well as 61% gael all at that level. So epics are nice, and have way more potential if you get their SEF up, but rares can be just as great when fully fused and leveled.

I've used at least ~700? voxite (referral rewards), more pixite and close to that in doxite and have never gotten a single epic, but it's all down to luck. I've never had good luck in mobage games, haha.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

D is That Guy posted:

Nice! I'm pretty surprised you stuck to colluesum 2. You probably would be close to getting another epic if you went for 3. Oh we'll on the last 2 days go for colluesum 3 on the double proc dungeon and you can get an epic of the green demon.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Er, you get the epic on mission 16, right? Not only will he not be able to get that far without buying bitters, but he also won't be able to get that far, period. Essex (one of the guys who consistently places in top rankings) used 50 GLU just to get to mission 11.

Not to be a downer or anything, but having one epic (even with double proc and EDGE) will not enable you to do everything. Now, he could get lucky and find an epic similith, and he can definitely make it through the first few missions.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NotAnArtist posted:

Make me feel better, tell me you paid to get the materials for that.

Well I guess in a way, I got it from doxite, but I spent 5 bucks on bitters for energy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Clocks posted:

Er, you get the epic on mission 16, right? Not only will he not be able to get that far without buying bitters, but he also won't be able to get that far, period. Essex (one of the guys who consistently places in top rankings) used 50 GLU just to get to mission 11.

Not to be a downer or anything, but having one epic (even with double proc and EDGE) will not enable you to do everything. Now, he could get lucky and find an epic similith, and he can definitely make it through the first few missions.

Dang that is tougher than I thought, I was thinking he could get a moral threats for at least 2/5 self rare and some get enough rewards and daily rewards to fill the rest.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

D is That Guy posted:

Well I guess in a way, I got it from doxite, but I spent 5 bucks on bitters for energy.

Still jealous.

I don't mind dropping money onto the game, but it was free to play, and I've already dropped twenty bones during the pvp event. I'd rather not crap more money down the drain, y'know?

*Heads to local 7-11 for smokes*

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hey, if every time (or half the time) you wanted to smoke you spent $1 on a bitter instead, you'd have something to occupy you on a smoke break and you'd be healthier too! :sun:

Shwqa posted:

Dang that is tougher than I thought, I was thinking he could get a moral threats for at least 2/5 self rare and some get enough rewards and daily rewards to fill the rest.

Yeah. Especially since you only start getting rares on 3-8 I think, and the moral threats actually start getting pretty hard pretty fast (or at least the mage ones do with my current team). That said, he can definitely do some of the 3* missions, and if he's lucky he can get rare/epic similiths.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Do you have to use blitters to place high on these events? If so, about how many is the norm?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Clocks posted:

Hey, if every time (or half the time) you wanted to smoke you spent $1 on a bitter instead, you'd have something to occupy you on a smoke break and you'd be healthier too! :sun:

Great, now you've effectively doubled money spent and time wasted, ha!

Are mages /actually/ viable? The rares coming out of the special dungeons certainly have high enough wisdom and agility, but their spells don't seem to pop often enough, and their "whoops, chipped a nail, gonna die now" nature frustrates me. Anyone having much success with them? Barring the epic monstrosities, of course, since I assume they're so much better due to supposed rarity.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but bitters just refresh your energy, allowing you to fight more battles. they don't give you an edge past extending your ability to keep playing, thus helping your chances to place higher in the rankings.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

Great, now you've effectively doubled money spent and time wasted, ha!

Are mages /actually/ viable? The rares coming out of the special dungeons certainly have high enough wisdom and agility, but their spells don't seem to pop often enough, and their "whoops, chipped a nail, gonna die now" nature frustrates me. Anyone having much success with them? Barring the epic monstrosities, of course, since I assume they're so much better due to supposed rarity.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but bitters just refresh your energy, allowing you to fight more battles. they don't give you an edge past extending your ability to keep playing, thus helping your chances to place higher in the rankings.

Self fusions raise the percent chance of a spell going off. At 5/5 self a skill that started off with 10% goes off 30%. 30% skills go up to 60%. I don't know about 45% skills but probably 65%. Of course the problem is that you probably want a tier 2 Mage for the better stats which means your looking at a 5/5 epic before its viable and that is going to take quite a while to get to that point.

Bitter fully restores your NRG (energy) an unlimited amount of time per day. So you could keep doing dungeons over and over until you have a top score if you chose to spend that much money.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 2, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Bahanahab posted:

Do you have to use blitters to place high on these events? If so, about how many is the norm?

You're going to need to assemble a team of really good epics, and it's going to depend on the event. I talked to someone who had spent thousands on another game who claimed that ranking in this game was a lot cheaper, but this is whales we are talking about. As in, $30 for bitters might be enough to rank on a daily leaderboard in a dungeon kind of event. This changes as more people start playing, I guess.

In dungeon events, you want a team that can handle the 3* dungeon as far as possible, and then you will want to grind the highest level you can to get the most points. Bitters will allow you to do this over and over to accumulate points, but if your team can't handle the 3* dungeon then buying bitters won't really help you rank (though it will help you class up, potentially win more similiths, etc).

Shwqa posted:

Self fusions raise the percent chance of a spell going off. At 5/5 self a skill that started off with 10% goes off 30%. 30% skills go up to 70%. I don't know about 45% skills but probably something pretty close to 100%.
Actually 40% skills go up to 60% I think, and 45% to 65%? You get 4% per SEF no matter what the proc rate starts as.

So yeah, mages definitely have some use. There was an event awhile back that you guys might not have experienced yet (mob raid) where a certain boss is weak to magic, so a team of magic users would do well against him. And when there are events with EDGE, these units can occasionally gain more speed/defense/HP to help them live a bit longer.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ah I fixed my post. Thanks clocks.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Is there a way to shuttle characters back and forth between the cache and the active band? I only have 2 or 3 spots free now, and I don't if this means I'm supposed to start fusing basic units that don't have a high self-fuse number, or if there's a way to fuse things inside the cache.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Oh my, I got Petrus up to SEF 1/5 which gives him a natural 49% chance to get his Gael All AOE spell off. It appears he is an Edge unit in this event so that bumps it up to 98% and he has 1420 haste at level 22/36. Every fight in the 2* missions (Okay only mission 2 but still!) since I put him into the team has been a first round one hit win \o/

It let me use 30 Droxite in one go just now and only showed me a single instance of each unit that dropped and then summarised XP Fodder x 8 etc at the end, I hope that goes in for all currency types soon!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

He's not an edge unit. All units with a magic skill have a double proc rate within the Stadium this event. EDGE is really, really obvious. You'll see when it happens. (Or check out the middle fighter on my profile.)

Also, the summarizing works on any build as long as you use the "build [all]" button and not "build 1" or "build 10". Well, except for premium builds of course!

Oh, and no, there is no way to move things to the cache. Part of this game is inventory management.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I got really lucky yesterday and pulled a Petrus with doxite then the next dungeon got another from similith. Instead of merging them I put them both in my party as they are better than anything else I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
So what's the point of BP? I've never even been close to running out, and I'm up to level 21 now.

• Locked thread