Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Incredible Ed posted:

So what's the point of BP? I've never even been close to running out, and I'm up to level 21 now.

It gets used in the PVP events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I wish I had known about this thread earlier. I'm hopelessly addicted to this game.

Seraji
Oct 28, 2007

Please wait while custom title and avatar loads...

The Incredible Ed posted:

So what's the point of BP? I've never even been close to running out, and I'm up to level 21 now.

You will use it mostly during events, the next one will probably cost a lot of them as this one has been energy heavy.

In other news I carried this bunch of noobs all the way through 3-7. Last time I ever group with pubbies.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
You can group?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I hope so. I'm getting my rear end rocked in this event. I don't have any good casters/speed monsters because every other event I've been in favors absolute brute force.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I suspect he means his team is a one man/woman epic band :v:

Same as mine really, the first time my super unit didn't kill any of the opposition in the opening blast they proceeded to one hit kill my entire party in return hahaha Talk about punching above my weight. Used up my aja's for the day, in the top 1000 for the moment but that's going to drop bigtime by the end.

Thanks again for the info Clocks, I've not had an Edge unit at all yet then in my gametime as I hadn't appreciated it would stand out in the lineup.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Not sure if this was posted already but if you force quit the android app you can redo the fight without penalty. Pretty handy for when a spell doesn't go off and half your squad dies.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
Is Lucky Find ever not a duct tape?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
not as far as I've ever found.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Two hours to go, and I'm just a scant bazillion points away from the top ten. Still in the top 500, I'll take the freebies. Also, I've learned the error of my ways- Petrus, even at zero self-fusion and level thirty is a great glass cannon.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

NotAnArtist posted:

Two hours to go, and I'm just a scant bazillion points away from the top ten. Still in the top 500, I'll take the freebies. Also, I've learned the error of my ways- Petrus, even at zero self-fusion and level thirty is a great glass cannon.

Petrus is indeed very drat good. Without him i couldn't even beat colliseum 1-4, but with him i just beat colloseum 1-5 without taking any damage, with him just killing everything on the first turn, wow.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Petrus (and its other forms) is one of those really good event units that is better than most other units similar to it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I have made off like a bandit these past 4 days. I have gotten 10 rares, not including those crappy tier 1 that doxite keeps spitting out.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
So it looks like winning ambushes and mortal threats has resulted in me stonewalling myself as now every time I run into one, my party gets destroyed by the elite version of banelove (lightbane?)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

plehsistential posted:

So it looks like winning ambushes and mortal threats has resulted in me stonewalling myself as now every time I run into one, my party gets destroyed by the elite version of banelove (lightbane?)

Setup a line of AoE to deal with the helpers and if you don't do enough damage close the app instead of taking a 2nd set of 3 moves. When you open it and hit resume you will get another shot at the battle, repeat until you get desired results. Anything spent isn't spent until the battle is over, this includes BP and you could do it last event to basically cheese the PvP.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm up to 12 rares from this event now. I got a bunch of 1/5 and 2/5 rares now. Too bad that is no where near getting a single epic :(

Edit: also today's rewards suck. Who cares about the teacher unit, unless you got really lucky with the unit drop thingies? I'm not really sure why this events rewards are all the place. With the element dungeons, each dungeon had about 3 units that were only found there and the daily reward was tied to the 3* dungeon's drop. And all those units had an edge.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 3, 2013

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I'm up to 12 rares from this event now. I got a bunch of 1/5 and 2/5 rares now. Too bad that is no where near getting a single epic :(

If you really want an epic you could just spam referrals using BlueStacks. You also get a hilarious amount of the uncommon level up guys.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

If you really want an epic you could just spam referrals using BlueStacks. You also get a hilarious amount of the uncommon level up guys.

I just might, but the problem is that it takes about 10-15 minutes for each referral. I'll probably wait till my party is at complete stand still and I'm getting desperate and/or bored.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I just might, but the problem is that it takes about 10-15 minutes for each referral. I'll probably wait till my party is at complete stand still and I'm getting desperate and/or bored.

Why would you do this manually? You would be more productive spamming random message boards and the google play review. You want to make an AutoIt Script. You just add BEEP() when it asks for a new account so you can enter that then you do whatever else you want as long as its not on that computer (unless its watching something on another monitor). They changed the loving pixel colors somehow, they aren't the same so my bot doesn't work anymore. It was kinda lovely and broke down a good bit too but hey it was functional and it took less time then watching all of The Walking Dead to get all my referrals for the period.

The Referral dragon has been kinda nice to get through some of the current events dungeons. My bot needs an entire recode though it's looking in way too large an area for very exact colors (that no longer exist but look the same) I'm not sure if the color difference is an emulation issue or just something hosed up. I don't care enough since I got all but 4 referrals before the pixel colors changed. I didn't get it fully working (it required 4 human interactions because new popups were adding including rate them on googleplay) It needs a complete recode, but it was pretty simple to make. I had never really made an autoIt script by hand before and it took me only about 5 hours to spit the thing out. I've made a bit more complex bot for another game now so I think I could actually make a better one now anyway.

Seriously don't try manually playing in BlueStacks DOT lags a good bit in it, it will be the most frustrating experience of your life. All you really need to do it get it to click the GO button click any popups and drag the lines. You could do manual input for switching the zone and it would still save a good bit of time. (my 1.3.0 bot only required manual input for entering a new Mobage name and restarting BlueStack since I couldn't get autoIt to navigate the tray menu for blueStack and said gently caress it)

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Going to try and knock out the last level 2 mission today in the Stadium, hoping Petrus can help me stagger over the finish line and pick up the rare unit. I'm fleeing from every Ambush I can as the mobs at level 25 just kill everyone now and it tells me I have 17 more wins before I get another Similith. 17!

I wish they had leaf usage on the same timer as when events do their daily tickover.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

pixaal posted:

How do you do that? I have blue stack running but I can't figure out how to log out to make a new game account.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Raged posted:

How do you do that? I have blue stack running but I can't figure out how to log out to make a new game account.

I tried it with RoB a couple of times back in the day, you need to uninstall and reinstall for you to get a new network id. Or at least you did back then anyway.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

Why would you do this manually?
Maybe because I'm completely ignorant of your wizardy science. :negative: Anyways I'll check that out, thanks.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Welp, created another account on Bluestack and went through the first Boss. It does not let me put in a code. Maybe they fixed that loophole. So close only need 3 more.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
So, I'm still pretty new at D.O.T. but am having a blast so far. I'm only class 9 (really just started). I have a couple rares and a few uncommons who are the backbone of my team now, and definitely see the advantage of speed for the dungeons I'm running.

I have a couple of questions about the game.

1. What's the main difference between pixite and doxite? They seem to both produce similar units and are both pretty common.

2. I've been getting mainly commons from building (as expected) and I've been able to SEF up a couple of untis up to the next rank. In order to get the uncommon up, is my best strategy to continue to use commons to SEF up to Uncommon and then SEF the uncommon and so on? It makes sense, but seems like it will take a while.

3. Is there any reason not to level up your fighters using the tree guys to max level? Also, is there any reason to SEF the tree guys themselves?

Thanks for the help!

Also, I'm PMJ79 on this game.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

pixaal posted:

Setup a line of AoE to deal with the helpers and if you don't do enough damage close the app instead of taking a 2nd set of 3 moves. When you open it and hit resume you will get another shot at the battle, repeat until you get desired results. Anything spent isn't spent until the battle is over, this includes BP and you could do it last event to basically cheese the PvP.

Had a playaround with this earlier on. On IOS at least your path seems pre-set, I have an ambush waiting for me each time I close the app and reopen it. It's three of the Green chaps with spears, the leader of which is an elite and I get wiped every single time. Slightly annoying as I'm 75% of the way across the final level 2 mission and it seems I'm done for as I'm out of GLU. Oh well, was worth a try!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
Can't you just flee from the mortal threat, or am I misunderstanding what you were trying to say?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

willus posted:

Can't you just flee from the mortal threat, or am I misunderstanding what you were trying to say?

An Ambush is a version of Mortal Threat without the Flee option.

As someone mentioned earlier, if you do well against these challenges earlier on it can bite you in the arse later :v: They can be by far harder than the other content in the level and getting one of these brings the run to an abrupt end. The level 25 elite "boss" wasn't even down to 50% when he wiped my whole party earlier on.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

1. What's the main difference between pixite and doxite? They seem to both produce similar units and are both pretty common.

2. I've been getting mainly commons from building (as expected) and I've been able to SEF up a couple of untis up to the next rank. In order to get the uncommon up, is my best strategy to continue to use commons to SEF up to Uncommon and then SEF the uncommon and so on? It makes sense, but seems like it will take a while.

3. Is there any reason not to level up your fighters using the tree guys to max level? Also, is there any reason to SEF the tree guys themselves?
Welcome to the game, hope you're enjoying yourself!

1. Doxite is only available during dungeon events and usually spits out event units among other things. Umm, this might sound complainy but I swear to god they hosed something up with it this event, because I've been getting really bad draws over a couple hundred doxite whereas other events I would get more uncommons and such.

2. Yes. I don't recommend fusing actual units into other units because it gives almost no exp. Definitely self-fuse the units you can because that will eventually get you rares and epics.

3. You can't level up ikkupi/banunu or if you can, there is no reason to. They are there to help your guys level up. The only reason you wouldn't want to use them is when you have too many fighters to reasonably level up to max. In your case, I would focus on the rares you have and not spend too much time on uncommons, etc, because those will be replaced at some point anyway.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Been playing this for the last couple of days and it is a Real Cool Game. Other than reminding me that energy mechanics are the goddamned bane of my existence that is. I just want to play more of your game guys oh wait I just spent $10 I guess it worked out for you :qq:

Anyway, I just got my first Petrus from a Simlith, and good lord he blows the 2 casters I was running with away. I'd like to get him SEF'd up a little, but I got through the ambush that I won him in by the skin of my teeth and am getting obliterated every time I try a mortal threat now. Is there any other way to get him or is getting his simlith during the event the only way?

e: Beat a couple more ambushes by pure dumb luck (all of my casters going off first) and now the only ones I get are 3 level 20 Petrus's :shepface:. Now not only can I not beat that to get more of them, I can't even progress in the event anymore. Is there nothing I can do to like, reset the Mortal Threat enemies?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 3, 2013

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I have no idea how any of you are getting so many rares from this event. From the 500+ Doxite I have used, I have not gotten a single uncommon or rare. I have been able to self fuse up a total of 2 rares, and both of those rares are completely a waste of time for this event.

Also, I am in the same boat with the mortal threats. I get ambushed on practically the first turn of every dungeon run I try, and the epic boss is sitting at 75% when I lose.

Overall, I am having a ton of fun with this game, but I can see that I will eventually be forced to throw a ton of money in it to practically do anything at the rate these ambushes are going. Is this normal for other events, because right now I might have to just call it if this is how they will always be.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It's still really annoying you can get tree guys from Doxite( I'm sure I have anyway)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

No, the ambushes are a thing they introduced this event. Usually you have a choice of fighting things or not. I think this last day they also changed the ambush rates somewhat -- I've seen people complaining on the in-game forums as well.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one having doxite issues. In the past, I've gotten way more uncommons and I think the only one I got this time around was the first day before they hosed with the rates.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Doxite is definitely some hot bullshit. They should rename it the-same-five-commons-and-a-million-Ikuppi... ite

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
At the risk of having virtual rotten fruit thrown at me, I've been doing pretty well with Doxite. Just got my fourth or so rare, a second Semni and had quite a few uncommons over time. I'm one common rat err cat event unit from evolving that to uncommon to then having enough to get a rare out of that as well.

I haven't got past more than three or four fights today before hitting an unwinnable ambush so I'm just treating it as a farming run to get as much doxite in as I can.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I mean, I've had enough commons to fuse together into about 2 or 3 new rares? But I've had no luck getting any uncommon event drops, so I don't know. My last batch of 100 doxite had a non-event uncommon and one of those uncommon dinosaurs. I literally have never run into Wio or the other event edge girl, and the only reason I have Sootnose is from winning it in rankings. Typically with doxite you will at least get those units occasionally. Especially after using several hundreds.

e: and if this were 100 pixite I would get more than 2 uncommons for sure.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 3, 2013

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I just need one more banelove for an epic. Somehow I had 2 of them going into this event. Unfortunately im just about stonewalled with the ambushes at this point, and id have to clear 3 levels of the third rank colleseum to get one unless I get a lucky similith.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I don't think I've fused or gotten any rares other than the login/invite ones. Just bad luck really.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Raged posted:

Use Titanium Backup pro (you already bought this because you are backing up your android device) wipe the app data (use a filter so its the only button) then go into the app settings and tell it to get a new device ID (only available in pro). You now have a brand new android device as far as the game knows.

Shwqa posted:

Maybe because I'm completely ignorant of your wizardy science. :negative: Anyways I'll check that out, thanks.

Basics for any autoIt program

quote:

Func DetectAScreen()
pixelSearch(1126,274,1128,276,0xC7B79F,0)
if Not @error Then
Return 1
Else
Return 0
EndIf
EndFunc

You find an area with a pixel that is only on THAT screen for what you are botting it will then work inside a loop to tell you what you are on.

Oh and many android games I've tried mouseClick doesn't work this will drive you nuts starting out. You need to make a function with a mouse move, mouse down a sleep and a mouse up so its a press a click is too fast.

All you need to know is what color you are looking for and where to click I might rework the bot and post the script but the above is from a newer bot I made for another android game. My DOT bot is just a massive thing with like 2 functions its horrible and needs a complete rework.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Ive been banking my doxite from yesterday and today. If I finish in the top 300 ill have 150 saved. I think im going to let them turn into pixite before cashing them in, and just do a massive pixite pull.

• Locked thread