Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I wonder if them adding some kind of trading post using Pixite, etc is out the picture. People would still have reason to grind out pixite and stuff, and make getting the creatures you want for evolutions and stuff a bit easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PrinnySquadron posted:

I wonder if them adding some kind of trading post using Pixite, etc is out the picture. People would still have reason to grind out pixite and stuff, and make getting the creatures you want for evolutions and stuff a bit easier.

Trading with other users, or purchasing say whatever common you want for 100 pixite from a "store"? Player trading always always fucks up these games really really badly. They are free so people just make a million accounts. They are mean to be pick up and play and really don't have any anti-bot detection because you can't really bot on an android device and if you do bot its using an emulator so they have no way to get out of the emulation and flag you for running autoIt or something.

The best "collect all these things" games I've played are Puzzle Dragons and DOT. I'd love to see one successfully pull off trading but even if you delay it someone will just bot until that point. I've seen games require level 30 to be trade and that took me several weeks to get to you can't even see the market until then. Its all the most insane trades of common monster offered for a really good monster, refresh and its gone. Someone clearly taking the rewards from another account. Even rare for rare there are common as hell rares or just lovely rares you don't really want. I guess the real solution would be to require the person spend some money, but with mobage coins you can get about :10bux: free trying all their games if you wait for the prompts for 50 or 75 coins instead of going in and only trying them for 25 coins. Charging people $15-20 just to open up trading is a bit of a stretch. I could see $5 not being a big deal and really cutting back on people using funnel accounts. Sadly as I said that wouldn't work here since you'd just also add a bot routine to bot the mobacoin.

I'm so for a shop though. Maybe let us sell monsters we don't want for fractions of pixite and that becomes the stores "stock" and you can only buy what is in stock.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

pixaal posted:

Trading with other users, or purchasing say whatever common you want for 100 pixite from a "store"? Player trading always always fucks up these games really really badly. They are free so people just make a million accounts. They are mean to be pick up and play and really don't have any anti-bot detection because you can't really bot on an android device and if you do bot its using an emulator so they have no way to get out of the emulation and flag you for running autoIt or something.

The best "collect all these things" games I've played are Puzzle Dragons and DOT. I'd love to see one successfully pull off trading but even if you delay it someone will just bot until that point. I've seen games require level 30 to be trade and that took me several weeks to get to you can't even see the market until then. Its all the most insane trades of common monster offered for a really good monster, refresh and its gone. Someone clearly taking the rewards from another account. Even rare for rare there are common as hell rares or just lovely rares you don't really want. I guess the real solution would be to require the person spend some money, but with mobage coins you can get about :10bux: free trying all their games if you wait for the prompts for 50 or 75 coins instead of going in and only trying them for 25 coins. Charging people $15-20 just to open up trading is a bit of a stretch. I could see $5 not being a big deal and really cutting back on people using funnel accounts. Sadly as I said that wouldn't work here since you'd just also add a bot routine to bot the mobacoin.

I'm so for a shop though. Maybe let us sell monsters we don't want for fractions of pixite and that becomes the stores "stock" and you can only buy what is in stock.

Yeah, even some kind of store would be nice.: I want evolve a Blackshard and a Bewell, along some others that I've had no luck building.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I will agree that instituting trading now would be a bad idea. They would have to change how the game works pretty dramatically, and I have a feeling this dev team wouldn't put in the proper precautions and everything would go to hell while they figured it out.

I understand the desire for it though -- it sucks having some 4/5 SEF event rank reward or something that you won't complete unless they re-release it. At the same time, I like that I don't have to worry about learning some economy and trading up and all that junk either.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
All told, this last event was pretty fun. I don't like the ambush section of the Mortal Threat they added, but I understand it's a good way for the company to make money selling G.L.U. for the people that will pay it. The best part of the event for me was the amount of Texi that rolled in. I was able to finish my first Twin Sawtooth, and am about halfway to my second.

I still want that last rare Banelove, but that one is not an event only mob so I should be able to get another one eventually.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Up until the ambush rates skyrocketed, I have had alot of fun with this event. Unfortunately, I made so many beginning mistakes during this event that I wasted some items when I should have saved them for the next event. Oh well, as long as these ambush rates go back to normal I will definitely keep playing.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

This event has been hilarious. The first two days I was struggling in the second or third 1* mission with my low level team. The last 2 days I was raping everything in the 2* dungeon with Petrus. Today I'm getting destroyed by ambushes.

I've been able to get a few lucky ambush wins and have sky rocketed in the leaderboards. The last two days I was ranked like 8-9,000. Today I'm hovering around 1,000 because everyone is getting blocked by the ambushes and giving up.

I got 5 rares out of the event which seems pretty good since I'm only level 20.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm 3 ambushes/mortal threats away from getting 30 wins for another rare. Of course now none want to show up. Oddly enough I'm ranked 600 right now, because no one can get points. Yesterday I had 25,000 points just to get to this rank.

And I'm up to 13 rares right now. 4 from mortal threats. 3 from mission rewards. 3-4 from doxite. And the rest have been from units dropping themselves.

Edit: Also I have decided to not use my doxite and let it turn into pixite. There is no way I can self fusion another rare, so I don't want to waste my stones on tree and that lovely lightning girl and retarded looking griffin.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 3, 2013

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

I'm 3 ambushes/mortal threats away from getting 30 wins for another rare. Of course now none want to show up. Oddly enough I'm ranked 600 right now, because no one can get points. Yesterday I had 25,000 points just to get to this rank.

I'm sorta hoping everyone just gives up too. I'm not gonna get too many more points today thanks to the ambushes, but if everyone else gives up as well, I should finish in the top 100 for another rare to add to my collection.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
So long as they learn that trundling along and then "Boom, headshot!" isn't that much fun gameplay and tweak it for next time I don't mind them screwing it up this time.

I swear it sometimes seems to lose count of how many Aja's I've used and never in my favour, the ten seem to go by so fast! I'm still using Doxite but only because I want the one single solitary Cat event common so I can evolve one to rare, I'll be gutted if the event finishes with me missing just that one card >.<

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey fazana, I just fought you in game. I won, but your damned priest managed to take out over half my team.

Edit: ugh I have no willpower :negative: I used my 40 doxite. 23 ikuppi but I did get another Pretus so it worked out.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 3, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Shwqa posted:

Hey fazana, I just fought you in game. I won, but your damned priest managed to take out over half my team.

Edit: ugh I have no willpower :negative: I used my 50 doxite. 23 ikuppi but I did get another Pretus so it worked out.

:v:

I figured I'm not going to get much further anyway so evolved the third Pretus into my 1/5, he's pretty beastly at level 36/42 or so, will max him out with Golden trees once this event is over. Normal trees feel like such a waste past 20+

Finally seen the Edge graphic Clocks has been talking about, I fused the second Semni I got into the first and she was finally beefy enough to fit into the team and there it was EDGE in shiny lettering all over the place.

Edit: Woo got my rare event cat/lion/rat thing \o/ Also pulled another rare with my final piece of Doxite, a Scorpion Manbeast called Twinlance.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 3, 2013

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lucky stuff, folks. I can't progress any further as any ambush contains an epic Petrus that just destroys, it's hilarious.

Also, you could exchange doxite for pixite? :lol: Wouldn't that've been good to know earlier, I should have looked that up. The event catratmanknight isn't quite as OP as the (generic?) one, but it's still cool. Petrus is ridiculous, though I have to agree with the earlier sentiment that one-shotting most mobs isn't all that fun.

I'm weak as hell and dropped sixty bones on bitters and GLU, but I figure I'd spend sixty on a PS3 current release, and I've easily gotten my money's worth. No more, though! No more.

Really, no more, I've gotta stop.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

Lucky stuff, folks. I can't progress any further as any ambush contains an epic Petrus that just destroys, it's hilarious.

Also, you could exchange doxite for pixite? :lol: Wouldn't that've been good to know earlier, I should have looked that up. The event catratmanknight isn't quite as OP as the (generic?) one, but it's still cool. Petrus is ridiculous, though I have to agree with the earlier sentiment that one-shotting most mobs isn't all that fun.

I'm weak as hell and dropped sixty bones on bitters and GLU, but I figure I'd spend sixty on a PS3 current release, and I've easily gotten my money's worth. No more, though! No more.

Really, no more, I've gotta stop.

Try the other side. You get different mortal threats. Also I surprised you spent 30 dollars and didn't get the epic.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Shwqa posted:

Try the other side. You get different mortal threats. Also I surprised you spent 30 dollars and didn't get the epic.

I didn't want to just buy the materials for an epic, I bought bitters and GLU. Buying the epic feels like paying to win, whereas I just like paying to give myself a better chance of winning. Same side of the coin maybe, but knowing my luck, I'd get the crummiest of the epic builds.

e: I did try the other dungeon, and it was still a team of rares and an epic - the evolved Banelove and two Baneloves. Petrus dings gael all, about a third of their health is taken, and then they obliterate me. It's all good though, I just hope that the ambush/mortal threat events get tweaked in future.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 4, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I bought the guaranteed epic build because my luck in mobage amounts to me never getting anything ever. A friend bought it also and got 3 epics. Go figure.

The edged mage allowed me to go up to 3-10 though!

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Is there any benefit to saving up your doxite and pixite and building a bunch at once compared to just building 2-7 or so whenever you get them?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ketsuo posted:

Is there any benefit to saving up your doxite and pixite and building a bunch at once compared to just building 2-7 or so whenever you get them?

If you feel like counting the units you can save space, or you are just far more likely to have a full 6 of a common to evolve them. A decent way to save space is to fuse to level up units any left over commons (after you do the achievements for them) Really there's only like 300 units and 10 spaces is what $1? So $30 would give you enough to never have to really worry about inventory management. Realistically though only 5-10 would net you enough to mostly negate the need, and you can get that by trying every other mobage game.

Every game on mobage that you play should be on a different account ideally so you can get free coins for it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well it looks like I'm done for this event. I am maxed out at 32 victories of the banelove and its epic form. They are at level 52 (banelove) 35 (epic) and 65 (banelove). Oh well, I was worried I was going to miss the braveburn rare but in my last 20 energy I got it is a unit drop. Now I'm up to 16 rares!

Edit: I got 1 pavilions from trying out other games and I really don't worry all that much about space. I toss out all the tier 1 except those I haven't gotten to uncommon and 2 that I have high self rares of. Right now I'm at 88/101 units.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 4, 2013

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So according to the rules of the last event, all unspent doxite should turn into pixite which will put me at 305 of them after tomorrows daily bonus. It's gonna be like christmas.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

D is That Guy posted:

So according to the rules of the last event, all unspent doxite should turn into pixite which will put me at 305 of them after tomorrows daily bonus. It's gonna be like christmas.

Think last time it took a bit, I used it all because I was a newbie and the last PvE even I only had been playing like 2 days so everything was valuable. I think that's why the go PvE, PvP, PvE. So you get doxite and it expires a near the end of the PvP event. You'll have time to find out most likely. I just hope the ambush poo poo isn't a sign of the beginning of the end. Every good free card collecting game eventually becomes a super greedy grind. Somehow PuzzleDragons has avoided that by being content with what they have. PuzzleDragons makes poo poo tons, hell I've thrown GungHo :10bux: and technically I've given DOT creators $7 even though its through free mobage coins for trying games mobage has to give them the money still. I've thought about giving them some money but I don't know what I would be exited to get in DOT. I find the idea of GLU a huge waste and same with the energy restore. I've always felt that stuff is a huge money grab and am perfectly okay with them because people buy them, and they keep the game running.

I hope they can keep things balanced at the free to play level enough that Free (or close to) can do events well enough and progress. Currently many rares seem pretty easy enough to get your hands on even without real money. The extra storage space is nice but I already have a ton extra from trying games out. If I made a game I'd be happy with $5 for the average power gamer and the more hardcore serious about this game people spending $50 or so to place in events or waste more free time, and the people that are obsessive and want to WIN the event dropping a few grand.

They have a nice thing going, I'd hate for it to spiral into a cycle of greed seeing how much they can milk from suckers like so many games before it. There is a reason so many "card" games exist all made by the same people over and over. They all get destroyed by greed or poorly implemented trading.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

DeNA (the company listed as owning D.O.T.) owns Mobage. And half of its offerings. So if anyone knows the best ways to get whales spending it's them. There are probably a lot of different dev teams though, so we'll see where this one goes.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Not sure if it's just me, but it looks like a 'Raid' PvE event has just begun. My newbie party didn't do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but I was able to get into quite a few of the raid boss battles so far and I like to think I had a decent showing for myself. All in all, it was a ton of fun, but I'm now out of Energy so that's my gaming for tonight.

I do have one more question about leveling and SEF. Is it better to level your fighter to max before the 5th SEF or should you save leveling for the later (uncommon / rare / epic) forms?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Aww man. This is a mob raid event but it's way worse than the last. No real daily prizes and no mob, just you and 5 other players having the chance to take down a boss. I guess we'll see.

There's also the introduction of step-up packs and paragons (fighters with 1000% edge lol). It's weird -- I have a few hero fighters from the last mob raid but they're not as good as some of the stuff I have now.

PotatoManJack posted:

I do have one more question about leveling and SEF. Is it better to level your fighter to max before the 5th SEF or should you save leveling for the later (uncommon / rare / epic) forms?
Any leveling you do will sort of transfer over. Also, rares are on a different leveling scale and take more to level than uncommons do, and same with epics. So yes, I think it's technically better to level up the fighter before you evolve it because it's easier to do then.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Derp, wish I had read the Paragon step up description properly before spending some coins. I bought the first tier as it was at 100 coins thinking it was just a cheap chance of a regular build roll.

It's something like 16k dotcoins to get the unbelievably crazy numbered Elite from the event build... Well if I win the lottery I'll consider it. Perhaps I should buy a ticket!

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Maybe I don't get how getting the free coins for trying toe Mobage game works. Should I get any for playing this one? Do I have to play a second game before I get them? I am pretty dumb at this.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, that's a "step up" pack. It takes 11900 dot coins ($119) for the guaranteed epic and 33 other rares/epics if my math is correct. Apparently one of the top players got one on his first step for $1 but, well, that's just luck for you. Step ups work by having a slightly increased chance to get [big reward item] until you hit the last step, which is usually step 7 and costs $50. I know they introduced this in at least one other mobage game (you had, like, a 1% chance to get a 6* instead of a 0.2% chance or whatever when you started).

Now then, most of the hero edge units with the exception of the Vulca line are from the previous "mob raid" event. And they're not particularly good, even with edge. I had all the rares in some form or another and I only currently have two in my team, because even with edge they are not particularly strong. The Vulca line has 300% edge (well, the rare) does so that is pretty strong if you get one, though. I find it amusing that Vulca icon looks like some hentai tentacle monster.

Anyways, this event. Sucks. I'll try to keep this short, but the last "mob raid" event (I guess this is just a "raid" event) that involved killing bosses had you doing it in teams, and you literally got prizes every 12 hours, including rares if your team won (same event units we have now, though, so after the event they were not THAT great, but still, tons of free rares!). This time around there don't seem to be daily prizes, they don't give you nux bits bonus as a clincher, and well, just, blah! Someone on their in-game forums mentioned this is identical to their first event "Dot of Midnight" but if so, I hope they move away from it, as it isn't very fun. The thing I liked about DOT was how you got rewarded each day and didn't have some pie-in-the-sky leaderboard to look forward to in a week.

fake edit: Ketsuo: I think you get those as a deal on androids, there is no such thing as free coins on iOS.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003

Clocks posted:

fake edit: Ketsuo: I think you get those as a deal on androids, there is no such thing as free coins on iOS.

Ah, ok thanks. I can quit looking around now and just go back to my army of all under 700 stat cards.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I hate this event. All my troops either die in 1-2 hits, someone kills it before I can do any damage or I time out and none of my damage counts and I lose my BP.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Clocks posted:

Yeah, that's a "step up" pack. It takes 11900 dot coins ($119) for the guaranteed epic and 33 other rares/epics if my math is correct. Apparently one of the top players got one on his first step for $1 but, well, that's just luck for you. Step ups work by having a slightly increased chance to get [big reward item] until you hit the last step, which is usually step 7 and costs $50. I know they introduced this in at least one other mobage game (you had, like, a 1% chance to get a 6* instead of a 0.2% chance or whatever when you started).

Now then, most of the hero edge units with the exception of the Vulca line are from the previous "mob raid" event. And they're not particularly good, even with edge. I had all the rares in some form or another and I only currently have two in my team, because even with edge they are not particularly strong. The Vulca line has 300% edge (well, the rare) does so that is pretty strong if you get one, though. I find it amusing that Vulca icon looks like some hentai tentacle monster.

Anyways, this event. Sucks. I'll try to keep this short, but the last "mob raid" event (I guess this is just a "raid" event) that involved killing bosses had you doing it in teams, and you literally got prizes every 12 hours, including rares if your team won (same event units we have now, though, so after the event they were not THAT great, but still, tons of free rares!). This time around there don't seem to be daily prizes, they don't give you nux bits bonus as a clincher, and well, just, blah! Someone on their in-game forums mentioned this is identical to their first event "Dot of Midnight" but if so, I hope they move away from it, as it isn't very fun. The thing I liked about DOT was how you got rewarded each day and didn't have some pie-in-the-sky leaderboard to look forward to in a week.

Just a tip regarding the edge mobs for this event, The first rare you get for entering someone's referral code has edge for this event. Everyone should at least have one.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

ZeroAX posted:

I hate this event. All my troops either die in 1-2 hits, someone kills it before I can do any damage or I time out and none of my damage counts and I lose my BP.
The is a lot better then the last one for me, been getting a lot of materials and points. You even get quite a few just being around. If you don't get your damage in before the boss is killed it doesn't cost you any BP, and you still get the non-placing rewards (things you find out due to having an aging and dying phone). So if I don't think I'm going to place I wait a bit before putting my moves in, and use the 3BP boost when I hope to accomplish something.

This may be different if you actually get killed instead of timing out.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Edit: double post.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I like to think the raid boss is wearing high heels. But yeah this event kinda sucks so far.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I prefer the level 20 raid mob, the level 10 version knocked the first three units down to 1hp every single fight!

Still says shitpost for the thread label slackaShwqa! Might get a few more punters checking it out if you can edit in IOS/Android into the thread title?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

So for someone who's new and has a fairly crapesque team, is there a downside to basically rolling up on one of these raids, checking the rewards list until the boss's health is looking low, going in 3 BP and doing three rounds against the boss, then being told that it was killed while you were fighting, so your damage doesn't count, but you get the 3 BP back plus the rewards for using it (3 tree guys and 75 points I think)?

Really the point is I only make 3rd position if I'm lucky, otherwise I'm one of the contributors who did a little damage that counts so I lose my BP. Are the participation rewards enough to make the BP cost worth it?

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
Ended up dropping 9$ to test my luck with the tiered building. Only good rare I got was a caile or whatever his name is with 300% edge. As for the rest, I got two of those thieves and two mages from the previous event and that big golden guy who as it turns out is a lot more underwhelming then I expected

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
I managed to score two Petrus units: one is maxed to level 30, the other still at 0. I'm thinking they'd be more valuable, left separate, versus fusing them together?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I like to think the raid boss is wearing high heels. But yeah this event kinda sucks so far.

Don't use a diagonal he's REALLY easy to get MVP in. You go up the row that does the least do this for the entire first round. He can do another AoE so never use all the rows again I go up the 2 remaining and across another but you could just go across all 3 until 1 dies but he can only do the AoE on his first attack from what I see, after that he sends out weak attacks on the highest HP target. I haven't lost a unit to him other then the first time when I used a diagonal basically forcing me to always front line a 1HP unit.

The game has no idea what rank I am I have like 6k points and am only on stage 2. This is pretty hilarious, too bad its a week and the only real prizes are for total score (unless there are some sweet stuff in the locked / coming soon place with larger group raids)

Also to people asking about mobage on Android you get a popup saying TRY ONE OF OUR OTHER GAMES! get 75 coins! you can also go into their game collection in some mobage UIs (you need a fullscreen one this game only has a half screen) and can try any game (including some that rotating around for 75 coins) for 25coings You can only test once per account / Android ID (so if you are going to try a different game activate the account on an emulator and do trials on there its not bad)

I'm really sad to see the "tiered" event packages made it to this game it has ruined the very idea of events in basically everything else becoming the only way to get event monsters and charging a rear end ton. This could be the beginning of the end :smith: I hope they pull out before its too late.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 4, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Duranki posted:

I managed to score two Petrus units: one is maxed to level 30, the other still at 0. I'm thinking they'd be more valuable, left separate, versus fusing them together?

That depends on your other fighters, obviously. Petrus is a really strong unit and I would personally fuse him, but I also have a lot of other units to fill up my formation with. At 3/5 SEF (and 4/5 SEF) he has the same / higher stats as my level 40 epic mage. Higher chance to proc too, although I'm not sure if the proc does as much damage since I think it's a Novice skill compared to an Adept skill.

pixaal posted:

I'm really sad to see the "tiered" event packages made it to this game it has ruined the very idea of events in basically everything else becoming the only way to get event monsters and charging a rear end ton. This could be the beginning of the end :smith: I hope they pull out before its too late.

I'm trying to be optimistic. Last event, they did something to lower doxite rates and the ambush thing was a bad idea. This event is worse than their others for a variety of reasons, but apparently it's similar to Dot of Midnight (their first event ever) so perhaps this is just something we'll have to endure for a week before getting to the fun stuff. Or maybe they'll do their usual "oh, and here's a new mechanic a couple days in!" thing and it'll get better. Right? Right? :smith:

That said, this is a mobage game. Mobage. Mobage is owned by DeNA -- the company that is listed each time you open up D.O.T. on your phone to play. They own half these card/freemium games and host the other half that they don't. I did think D.O.T. was a lot more free-player friendly than most, but I am not at all surprised to see step-up builds and event fighters and so on. These games are playable by free/low-spending players, but if you want to compete and get top 10 or whatever you are going to have to drop some serious money. That's just how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I don't mind this event, if only because my roster has always been composed mostly of monsters from the Belly of the Beast event a few months back and now I've got my Edge bonuses again. I'm glad I held off on fusing my Feverhangs, those guys thrash everything.

• Locked thread