Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Can't seem to edit the google doc. FWIW my username is Smozi and the invite code is STqz. Coolio~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
There are a few things that bug me about this game (PvP matches go easy-easy-medium-impossible, hard to compare units and assemble the team so just use auto) but it's pretty cool and fun I guess. Running out of energy now so I guess that's how it goes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

Assembling the team isn't hard (you can drag units to switch them to make it easier) and I would suggest using auto as a guideline, but not the end-all, later on.

PVP is pretty hard but it also depends on your own units. Yes it will go easy-medium-impossible if you just started. I've been playing for awhile and got to around 58 win streak recently. As time goes by you will get better.

And while there's no way to know their levels etc, if you've faced units or own them yourself you can figure out what they will act like.

e: vvvvvvvvvvvv The invite banner even tells you the max stats of it at level 80. It's not really the greatest epic. It has strong attack/magic but such low HP that an opponent who attacks first can cut through it like paper.

Do you have any other tips to share? I'm definitely interested in some of the strategy, I'm not playing with much at the moment.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah I get that stuff, I was wondering more about which skills are useful where, how much element stuff matters, how to optimize your energy and boss points, that sort of thing. I'm running out of BP reups after a lot of PvP so if there's an efficient way to approach that as well I'd like to hear it. Also, in Puzzle and Dragons for instance, the best way to spend money is on expanding the amount of monsters you can have. I'm guessing that's handy here too (the pavilions)?

Mozi fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 23, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah, thanks man! Great info.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Ever since I stopped using the auto team formation and did it myself, and also payed attention to which units the PvP opponents have, my chances of winning have skyrocketed. Won 6th echelon yesterday and now have to fight to stay in 4. I have a manticore-like thing (Brickfoot) with great stats in the middle, bottom-right to top-left diagonal is high speed, good attack and a mage, top-left to bottom-right is good speed, high attack, left to right middle is good attack, lower speed but good mental, and top to bottom middle is high HP, low mental. So thanks for all the advice, and to other newbies, you can gain a huge advantage by, say, moving that mage out of the middle where the auto button put it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah, anything past 50,000 that's worthwhile is out of reach. Still feeling good about how I'm doing, though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

Man, everyone is constantly talking about how easy their echelons are and I don't think any of my echelons required less than 20-30k to rank so far. And this current one has a top ranker in it. I used to have a bunch of nux bits saved up but I've burned through a lot of them just to make up the points.

I blew through my first couple but 3 today is brutal. As I'm 4/5 on my Brachus I'll just take the demotion today and finish him up tomorrow.

I had a question about items, I gave a weapon to my main guy (manticore-type) under the impression that he might get two attacks, but it seems to override his normal attack when it procs. Could someone explain how item skills and unit skills interact again, please?

VVV Cool, thanks! Did not know you could time out on purpose, I've fought too many hopeless battles.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 24, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
So if my fighter's attack is more powerful than the weapon's proc, I should give him something like Preempt or Enspirit instead, yeah?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Scroll down to the bottom.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Pulled into 5th with two minutes left and evolved my Brachus :woop: Unless I have a super easy bracket tomorrow that's it for me in this event. Fun way to start the game!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I didn pretty well on the last event but this just crushes me. Guess they're normally oriented towards high-level players.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
For me it's just that my fastest monsters still attack after the enemies and they 1-shot me with their spell 80% of the time. Not a lot you can do.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ZeroAX posted:

I'm getting destroyed in the level 1 stadium. All my magic guys die in one hit so I'm stuck using my non magic troops.

I figured out you're supposed to start with the one star dungeon, not the three star one. Pretty counterintuitive.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Because the one star dungeon icon is gold where the two star is bronze and the three star is brown, plus in the echelons in the previous event fewer stars = more difficult.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 1, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I got the Paragon on my 2nd build :)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

It worked with iPhones but not iPads? It's worked with all Android devices and it looks amazing on my Nexus 7, it actually still looks good in BlueStacks (emulator) taking up a good part of a 24 inch screen. A lot of cellphone games do look just bad on tablets, and horrible when emulated due to how easy it is to see flaws in the graphics.

It worked and looked pretty good in 2x mode (blown up iPhone view) but seems sharper now, it's a nice change. That and the auto self-fusion which is fantastic, it's actually feasible to build with less than 50 without headaches.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
What's the best way to apply those +1% to one spot bonuses? I've been putting them all in the center square but as it seem like it's best to have three different lines maybe it's better to spread them out a bit.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
They've made some big changes to how skills activate, I'm still trying to get a handle on it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
The countdowns carry over from fight to fight which could add another layer of strategy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Just got my second neat looking pre-empt angel and fused it, may have been a big mistake :\ Only a few more % on the skill would mean many more triggers but at 64 would have been better having two. Oh well.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Go to the notification part of the iOS settings.

Edit: sorry, I just assumed :o:

Mozi fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 15, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
In that case I would have just closed the app and waited ten minutes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I resolved to not use any consumables for this event to rebuild my supply (back up to 211 nux bits :) ), and so have only gotten a 30-streak once, but somehow have still ended up in the 3rd echelon and need 3 rares for the epic. Might go all out to place second, if it's in the cards.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

greth posted:

I do have a question though; Moba keeps going "hey download this other game and get mobacoins". Is there any reason not to do that, get the coins, then get rid of the other game? I kinda want to take advantage of that discounted build they have going on right now, but refuse to do any IAP (for my own sanity and wallet, that's a spiral I've gone down before).

Are you on Android? I'm on iOS and have never seen any plugs for anything. If you can get free coins there's no reason to feel guilty for gaming the system.

For Tagichatn, the stats in red are being multiplied by the edge bonus, they won't be that high after the event is over. They could still be very good though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
The game definitely loads at least several moves at once now, I have a bad connection and used to wait a bit in between but you can just pound go now. I wonder if that will be exploited or hacked by people to determine frenzies and such. Guess it doesn't matter, there's no 'skip' button.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

greth posted:

How the hell do I pronounce "Aja" anyway. "A-ha"? "A-jah"? "A-yah"?

Steely Dan settled that question decades ago.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure Inspirit even does anything anymore.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I went all out to get a second epic reindeer (needed to place in the 1000-2000 bracket and finish 4-3) and those guys quickly ruin my day. Trying to keep a myre all up as that seems to work well but if it's not there... well, my stocks of glu and tape have taken a huge beating.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I asked earlier about if Inspirit did anything now but I realized that I meant to say Amplify. When it goes off it seems to have no effect at all.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Man, the boss battles have been pretty annoying so far. Seems like everyone is wasting 3 nux on the easy ones that don't need it just to get the MVP. Hopefully when they get tougher they won't go down so fast you can only attack once.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I haven't even bothered looking at the trading system, maybe I have too much of an attachment to all my creatures. In any case I have like six pages of rares, there's no way to sort by which is the best when fully merged and evolved and leveled, it takes way too long to just move between pages, how the heck am I supposed to optimize this stuff... I just use auto and sort everything into rows based on attack/defense/willpower. I know it's far from optimal but to really make it better would be so, so much work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Wow, that's quite the spreadsheet. When I get a chance I might take you up on your offer, I appreciate it.

• Locked thread