Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
How many nux should I ask for for a 0/5 soroush? It seems like following the in game forums offers little direction for what things are worth (not as bad as searching in the trade screens, but still rather uneven and not overly responsible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Thanks! I am in a rather awkward place where I don't have anything exceptionally valuable, so listing it on the official forum doesn't seem really worth it, but it would be nice to have some quick return on a Soroush that I don't really intend to turn into a Parvais.

edit: Wow, someone jumped on that one, maybe I should have shot higher.

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 4, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
The Soroush was a pull from pixite, as opposed to the ones I built out of trading Xenres so I am happy enough. I just wish there were a more functional economy and less of the chat function in Diablo 2, but what are you going to do. Now to see who might want things like a 3/5 Bahram.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'm more concerned that my "trade absurdly useless uncommons for Albern" scheme seems to be slowing down. I don't know if people are getting clever or if they are just becoming more scarce.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'm getting no traction on the public forums, but I'm sitting at a 4/5 rare Odin, a 4/5 rare Ira, and a 4/5 uncommon montu. I would give something worthwhile for those if anyone wants to save me the hassle of wading through spam. Also, should i offer a rare montu for those or is a rare montu more valuable than that?

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Sorry, that was really unclear. I want to complete those, so I just want a stupid 0/5 of each, but they are not so easy to come by, it seems.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Hit the "menu" button in Bluestacks (next to the "back" button) and scroll down and you should see options for the device ID

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I am thinking at this point that I should just try to sell the ira. What would a 4/5 be worth?

edit: sorry to keep on posting price checks. the economy is rather frustrating at the moment

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 8, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
This is why I still can't find a stupid 0/5 to complete an epic. I have half a mind to just get one of my dummy accounts to level 30 and avoid this poo poo show

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'll definitely take stuff if it is free. I still feel handicapped (someone mentioned this earlier) because I started right after the relic dungeon, so all my guys are naked compared to everyone else

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I have never even seen an esmellion, and I feel like kind of a dbag for asking for such a high value unit, but I do have an offer. I was planning on offering a Sablehead as the junk uncommon, and I will post it whenever is convenient, right now works for me.

edit: I didn't even notice the other conversation, I will PM you, if you don't mind me being the recipient for the esmellion

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Thanks so much! Also, I don't know that anyone wants to feel so greedy, but one could always make an offer a junky uncommon for more than one fighter, if you want to give away more stuff.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Am I wrong in thinking that the pile of Kraken Helms I've acquired (and possibly the Sunshine Wings as well) are probably never going to be used and might as well be sold for texi?

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I would definitely make that trade. I maxed out a goldfleece last event, trading Roadrashes and midrange epics like Noosewane for them, but it seems like they are getting harder to come by, and preempt all is definitely worth seeking out; I maxed out an audelinea and goldfleece and they are bonkers for pvp.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'm feeling pretty good about the band I'm working with:

Mayehem \ Goldfleece \ Glacierwalker Ijiraq
Petoporus \ Audelinea \ Blackspill
Nabu-u-Sabsi \ Aniasse \ Bel-Sum-Iscun (hopefully will be a stonesong soon)

but in looking at top tier players, I'm not sure what exactly I would do about a line of esmellion. Put up the champs and hope they survive long enough to hit back? (the mayehem and nabu have counterattacking gear), but I am worried they would just get one shot. Is there any real way to defend against that?

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I mean, obviously avoiding that is the best strategy, but echelon III and higher sometimes leave little room for avoiding dangerous lines. The classical strategy would seem to suggest that to handle rogues, you use champs, who can absorb the first hit and hit back harder, but esmellion does a lot of damage. Maybe that's why the first two legendaries were mega-champs.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Doesn't that break your streak?

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'm not sure you can do much better than Enzuna, as preempt all is the only skill that hits all and processes every turn, and Enzuna only has lower AGI than three things, Ironclad, Amaralice, and Dilgan, which both have significantly lower ATK. Thwart doesn't process every turn on any creature at this point, so those four seems like the best bet for dungeons and PvP. I've been getting a ton of mileage out of a maxed out Ijiraq (the maxed out Verge of Clarity really helps), and even a Blackspill with a Star Helm, but those would be helpless against any thing autoprocing preempt all.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I never had a chance at Belili, so would you mind if I offered up a 1/5, 1/24 Scorylo for it? I really appreciate it!

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Thank you very much! I really like the high DEF beasts

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
The real edge you have to exercise without spending money is determining which units are worthwhile faster than the masses of people trading things away. Previously in the thread, there was discussion of how, when the Albern-Petrus-Boldewin line was in doxite for a while, you could offer up almost any unit, even the most valueless uncommon unit you can get from pixite, for an Albern and people would take that trade (presumably because they never thought they would evolve it and because new players tend to dramatically undervalue gurus (and it seems logical as Albern has only thirty-four hit points and seems like he would just die instantly in any battle, especially dungeons)). I built up two Boldewin this way, only ever sending away the mountains of Pevetha that were just taking up space anyway, and traded those for useful and even seffed midrange epics. I definitely didn't worry about building gurus of my own until Ijiraq came out, and it wasn't hard to get them cheap, before people knew how good they were, so I definitely followed the general advice of the Levy Guide and built whatever champs I could get my hands on. If you want to be forward thinking, you can definitely try to not over-invest in a lot of 5/5 champions that will quickly become useless (I had a bear of a time getting anything actually valuable for a 5/5 Kastubili or a 5/5 adrahasis, but the flip side is that I offered the 5/5 Kastubili for just one Nabu-u-Sabsi, which as a 0/5 had lower stats than the maxed out Kastubili; short term versus long term use-value), but you can definitely focus on developing dungeon heroes that lots of people who have better epics will be just trading away. You can also generate value by recognizing if there are heroes that will have more actual trade value, like Aniasse (which the thread pretty immediately identified as above average for a hero), and focus on generating them and their line as trade fodder (or to use; Aubyzant was the cheap preempt fighter in the first event I was present for, and getting copies of him was quite valuable).

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I've seen people advertise on the in-game forums, but it seemed somewhat clear that this practice was frowned upon, so you might want to be discrete.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Yeah, between a 5/5 Bel-sum and two 5/5 Ukani, I seem to be getting the job done, with the point ratio being slightly better using three bits for a lv. 60 Kelpie than one bit for a lv. 20 Kelpie; I'm really glad I got these Ukani last event.

Last night, I was successfully offering hero epics for two Cneve, and there were tons of Cneve up for hero epics, but I should have known that wouldn't last. I guess I'll have to move my extra 5/5 Bel-sum and see how far that gets me.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Seems like it is the thing to do, and as we are getting to the beginning of the semester and I'm not sure I can keep up with the power creep, so I want to give away things (much of what I built was due to giveaways here). Claim stuff and I will send it as my trades regenerate. Just tell me what you are posting for it and I will send them along as fast as I can.

5/5 Audelinea (superfused three times for attack)
5/5 Diurpaenus claimed by HardCorey
5/5 Glacierwalker
5/5 Aniasse claimed by Munkaboo
5/5 Stonesong claimed by Ketsuo
5/5 Volaikha claimed by TicalStal(lion)
5/5 Mayehem claimed by Rokstar
5/5 Nabu-Sabsi claimed by buy me an avatar
5/5 Belili
5/5 Bel-Sum-Iscun (superfused with three asshidhios) claimed by Zyla
5/5 Bel-Sum-Iscun
5/5 Tishpak claimed by SJ
1/5 Tishpak claimed by Munkaboo
5/5 Ukani
5/5 Ukani claimed by Waz
0/5 Dilgan claimed by Scotland
1/5 Paku claimed by Tzar
0/5 Gaga
5/5 Goldfleece

91 Bitters 61 bitters remaining
55 Nux 35 Nux remaining
27 G.L.U. 18 G.L.U. remaining

9 Glu, 30 bitters, 20 nux to Alpha Kenny Juan

Superfuse:
2x 5/5 Brandensite

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 24, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Sadly, I don't really have the energy to make sure these are going to new players, so be reasonable, but I really just want them to get use, so higher level players are surely welcome to anything, especially older stuff that might be harder to come by.

edit: sent, man I'm glad someone can use those Ukani; they are so rare these days

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 23, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Post something else and I'll send you the right one

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Ok, that's all my trades for tonight; go ahead and post things and I will send another wave of stuff at the reset tomorrow night.

Thank, robohobo; I'm kind of happy to have that list up as I'm pretty happy with what I built over the summer (started during the Massive Attack event in May).

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Honestly, I built the Tishpak by trading junk uncommons for Nana. Since they added it to pixite, there is a constant flow of them (I built the Stongsong by doing the same thing with lossil). I also built the Dilgan when Acu was in the doxite last dungeon (not sure if anything that good is in doxite this time).

I don't know how kosher this is, but I guess I don't have much to lose, so, I will say that my other trick is both using bluestacks for inviteID rewards (just doing it twice used to net you thirty nux bits and the reward fighters used to be more valuable (I don't think we'll see one as useful as Petoporus again)) and I built a dummy account up to level thirty. Originally, it was just to get a sixth and final Odin to make a Stormgod, but I kept it around to use those extra offers for trading junk uncommons. It isn't very glamourous, but those tactics really give you a pretty solid edge. Also, between the Bel-Sum and the two 5/5 Ukani, raids are really easy to get good returns on, as long as my nux held up

Fake Edit: The Belili was a gift from this thread!

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Ok, so still some decent things there (seriously, someone take that goldfleece), but mostly gone. Unless there is serious interest in things like heroes from last event or a 5/5 Blackspill, I probably won't bother posting more stuff, so please make claims on the items (state a number or all of them if you want all of them) so I can send them out too. They will be sent out in the order that they are received.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Or tonight at 1 AM or whenever the reset happens.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Alright, just sent the next wave (thanks Alpha Kenny Juan for the batches). Next ones will go this time tomorrow, so make sure you tell me what you're posting sometime before then.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Ok, so before Cracktastic posted, people had already claimed all but 15 Nux so that offer isn't going to work out. You guys figure out who is getting what, but, for reference, there are 20 bitters, 15 nux, and 18 glu unclaimed.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Strategy-wise, getting things that have unique abilities, like "Unhinge Self" and "Dispirit" should be a higher priority than keeping up with power creep, especially for champs (which is why I spend so much time building Tishpak rather than going for other things, because "Vent" is way better than "Smash All" for the PvP events). The stat gap between Nabu-u-Sabsi and Gaga is marginal (50~60 more max HP, ATK, and DEF isn't going to make much difference at all in any of the events) so they are really functionally the same unit for most things, but the difference between Gaga and Bel-Sum in raid events is enormous. They are doing their best to nerf "unhinge" monsters (although that's why I was building up the Brandensite, a triple superfused Bel-Sum will probably still be well worth the effort) and Ukani in raids, so I don't know if that is still really the way to go, but seeking out actual difference; it is great that Serslough's max WIS is 7 points higher than Ijiraq, and that it is wind instead of water, but unless you have lots of resources to spend going after such a thing, you are better off looking for things that are more unusual as that will translate into value. Honestly, with the band I had (I really booked it to get that Audelinea and Goldfleece going, which was completely worth it), especially if I had three maxed out Tishpak, I could have gone in PvP as long as my Nux held out, and getting a silver crown and selling the rares and epics of the legendaries was incredibly profitable.

If nobody else claims the Belili before the next two batches ship out, then it is def yours Tzar.

So there are thirty bitters, five nux, and eighteen glu unspoken for.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
It helped me a bunch to find a download of thin installer rather than the Splitinstaller, but it still requires a fair amount of restarting. Finding a copy of titanium backup pro that is fully functional is another trick that makes things go way faster, as you don't have to uninstall with each new dummy account. I think they have done a decent job of making it less and less worthwhile (it used to be that you could get an unlimited amount of nux bits that way, but now you can only get them for the first ten invites), but a few events ago, the epic you got for ten invites was Tancrevas and I sold that for a decent number of bitters. Getting extra accounts up to level thirty takes a long while, even if you really game it, so I wouldn't recommend that, even though I've got plenty of goldrakes and odin rares that are just going to sit forever in a dummy account.

Somebody ask for those, now, fifteen nux. They will get you a thirty-win streak and a half next event!

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Just sent out Dilgan, Dirupaneus, and Mayehem. Munkaboo and SJ, put up your offers for the Aniasse + 1/5 Tishpak, and the 5/5 Tishpak, respectively

Edit: Found them both now; sent.

Be sure to let me know what you're offering for the next batch of trades. If you haven't mentioned what you've posted, or if your offer is expiring by this time tomorrow, be sure to do so.

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 25, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Alright, I sent yours Alpha Kenny Juan; who else has offers up/will put them up? Zyla (sent), Robohobo, Rubicon, and Starrett, have you put offers up yet?

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 26, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Ok, team, last push. Things I have worth something:

2 5/5 Brandensite (robohobo, do you still want these?)
5/5 Belili
0/5 Gaga
5 Nux + 13 G.L.U.
30 Bitters

Decide who wants what and tell me what you're posting for it before the deadline and this will be the last batch I send out.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
You can do 13 if you do 10 and 3, which is why I separated them. It seems like there are five things to give out with my last five trades, so hopefully someone claims each of the items on that five point list I posted. If not, just set up the trades yourself and I'll send them to you

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
If anyone who hasn't gotten anything wants to claim anything on that short list, I will give you priority over people who have already gotten stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'll def send you the items, C, since you asked a long while back, and I will send the Belili to ILT. I'll send the Brandensite to Alpha Kenny Juan and the Gaga to Starrett unless someone says something soon.

• Locked thread