Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

bobthedinosaur posted:

Whatever that site or app for gays looking for no-strings hook-ups was. For straights, too.

OKCupid's app is supposed to do that if you have it turned on. It doesn't work well though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bobthedinosaur posted:

Whatever that site or app for gays looking for no-strings hook-ups was. For straights, too.

Tindr.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

A robot that follows you around and if you try to play video games or surf the web instead of being productive it blows off an EMP, effectively wiping out electronics for miles around.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Life-sized versions of those dinosaur sponges that come in capsules that dissolve in water.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Paper sheets. Like, a huge roll like toilet paper mounted on the headboard on your bed. When you need to change your sheets, you just pull down a fresh page. Also, a paper shredder at the foot of the bed to take care of the old sheets.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

ubergnu posted:

Paper sheets. Like, a huge roll like toilet paper mounted on the headboard on your bed. When you need to change your sheets, you just pull down a fresh page. Also, a paper shredder at the foot of the bed to take care of the old sheets.

Find yourself a nice medical exam bed and you're set!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A DVR, but for your car radio.

Yes, I'm aware it would technically be a DAR, but Daughters of the American Revolution already have that acronym.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

DrBouvenstein posted:

A DVR, but for your car radio.

Yes, I'm aware it would technically be a DAR, but Daughters of the American Revolution already have that acronym.

Well the revolution was like a hundred years ago so there can't be too many of them left.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Life-sized versions of those dinosaur sponges that come in capsules that dissolve in water.

I would pay top dollar to be the first person killed by this.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Crocuta posted:

Screening of silent films with live foley artists (making sound effects) as well as orchestra.

Not quite the same, but you can see old Looney Toons with live orchestration/sound effects (since the effects were largely orchestral anyways). They display the cartoon with a huge projector. It's a lot of fun :)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
After a very unfortunate, awkward moment with the family while watching Breaking Bad, I thought of this: An app & website that screens TV shows/movies and picks alerts you of sex scenes coming up, along with what events precede that scene so you more or less know when to escape.

e: I may sound :spergin: but seriously, who really enjoys that?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

bobthedinosaur posted:

A robot that follows you around and if you try to play video games or surf the web instead of being productive it blows off an EMP, effectively wiping out electronics for miles around.

Including itself.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
A science fiction medical drama.

Basically like House, but in space with aliens and poo poo. We wouldn't need to worry about medical accuracy because we could have crazy alien patients.

They could have all sorts of crazy high-concept diseases and poo poo. It'd rule

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Basically like House, but in space with aliens and poo poo. We wouldn't need to worry about medical accuracy because we could have crazy alien patients.

Put Donald Faison as the surgical consult who freaks out whenever SpaceHouse sends him a patient whose biology is completely bananas compared to humans'. His operations should be brutal affairs that call for odd instruments like a blowtorch or a caulk gun. The room is a mess but the operations should always come out perfect. John C McGinley is the sarcastic rival to SpaceHouse that knows every space disease there is. If you want to make him a collage of Cox and other characters, thats ok. He's married to an asari-like wife that mistreats him and sleeps with anything sentient.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Doctor this gromluian is firing on all cylinders!

shake him back and forth, immediately, and inject three cockroaches into his bra

doctor....it's too late. He's fallen asleep. And he's taking us all with him!

cut to commercial

like 90% of the show would be trying to figure out what the gently caress was happening, while they spout science fiction jargon interspersed with medical words.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TerryLennox posted:

Put Donald Faison as the surgical consult who freaks out whenever SpaceHouse sends him a patient whose biology is completely bananas compared to humans'. His operations should be brutal affairs that call for odd instruments like a blowtorch or a caulk gun. The room is a mess but the operations should always come out perfect. John C McGinley is the sarcastic rival to SpaceHouse that knows every space disease there is. If you want to make him a collage of Cox and other characters, thats ok. He's married to an asari-like wife that mistreats him and sleeps with anything sentient.

I would watch the hell out of Space Scrubs.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Coffee And Pie posted:

It can't be worse than that last season at Med School.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Or just a series of tv shows that are just Dr Cox in increasingly bizarre settings.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

HOW COULD YOU posted:

There actually was a show like that. It was called Mercy Point.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164097/

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
An app like Akinator, only instead of asking you twenty questions to identify a person, it asks you twenty yes/no questions to identify a song.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cheetos that don't leave dust has got to be worth at least a billion dollars in royalties.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cheetos that don't leave dust has got to be worth at least a billion dollars in royalties.

Apparently they can make Doritos that don't leave dust on your fingers, but they decided it was part of the "Dorito experience." gently caress you, Doritos company.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
"Welp, my hands are already orange, might as well eat another goddamn bag"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
This conversation reminds me of this comic:

• Locked thread