Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I thought nothing had topped other horrible heros from other mock threads, but having the "villain" tied down and burned alive while he "screamed in pain and suffering" is about the most hosed up thing I've ever read. I guess it takes a psychopath to write one well. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

drat. I can't believe it's over.

And Railrunner didn't manage to be a real hero once in the whole thing.

If she was 17 when this was made, why did her parents let her publish it? Did they actually read it? Like, did these people not at least want to see what their daughter was putting out into the world?

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

quote:

If she was 17 when this was made, why did her parents let her publish it? Did they actually read it? Like, did these people not at least want to see what their daughter was putting out into the world?
Twisted! is published by AuthorHouse. Looking at their price packages, it must have cost at least $949 dollars to publish as a paper copy, because it comes with illustrations. (which were worth every cent.) And another $349 or so for the ebook. I think the senior Leeks did a lot more than 'let her publish it'.

Why is unfathomable.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

attackbunny posted:

Twisted! is published by AuthorHouse. Looking at their price packages, it must have cost at least $949 dollars to publish as a paper copy, because it comes with illustrations. (which were worth every cent.) And another $349 or so for the ebook. I think the senior Leeks did a lot more than 'let her publish it'.

Why is unfathomable.

To be fair, 1000-2000$ isn't that hard to get over a good summer job, at least in my area. Still, no matter who the money is from, it's completely :psyduck: that they'd publish this thing in that state. If you're going to spend that much you may as well get a decent proofreader.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

She apparently had an editor, but she was a bad editor that got fired.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, JWKS, are you going to read the sequels if or when they come out? I think you should, it's just the prink-pleh of the thing since you exposed the world to the first one.

I... I probably will do a Let's Read thread for the sequels when they come out. It's like reading the Necronomicon - you know it's very bad for you but you just can't tear your eyes away.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I... I probably will do a Let's Read thread for the sequels when they come out. It's like reading the Necronomicon - you know it's very bad for you but you just can't tear your eyes away.

Luckily it will be better*:

quote:

I actually read Vertigo and look back on this and go: " My god, this makes my previous work look like poo poo." Well, good writing comes with practice. Now that I'm older I'm better.

*:cawg:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

There is no chance of salvation; we can only hope to be eaten first.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

JosephWongKS posted:

Now she’s just outright cribbing from the season finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

And "The Lion King" and "Beauty and the Beast" and a few other things I don't care to associate with this tree carcass.

Well, it's been, dare I say it, a hell of a ride.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Djeser posted:

Part 2

I'm just along for the ride now.

Part 3

I'm my own worst B-movie.

All I can do is watch it happen. I've been kicking and screaming for the past ten minutes and all that's coming out of my mouth is more of her lovey-dovey bullshit. I don't mind the roller coaster body any more. I don't mind still being alive. I'd prefer being human and dead, but I might be able to deal with being a magic carnival ride if it wasn't for Shadowtrack.

She's literally nothing. She's intense, devoted, crushing nothingness waiting to be told what to do. Without Rodney around, I doubt she'd even bother to think. And I can't do anything but watch her fawn over him.

We're sitting back and watching Rodney and the black roller coaster fight it out. Me and her, plus the morons Rodney drags along with him. Shadowtrack makes this loving coo every time Rodney tries to make a one-liner. He's worse at telling jokes as a roller coaster than he was as a human, and that's saying something. I want to punch myself in the face. Rodney too. If this purple moron wasn't holding me here, I'd be ripping his train off, car by car. I bet that hurts roller coasters a lot.

Shadowtrack cringes when I think about it. That's the best I can do: make her a bit uncomfortable. We're bleeding together a little at the edges. If I have to deal with her dumb vapid love, she's going to have to deal with how much I hate her.

The black coaster rears up. “You're a joke, Railrunner! You're a selfish psychopath, like every single Red back to the very first, and you try to call me a tyrant.”

I can hear them roaring at each other from down here. I might hate every last roller coaster in the drat multiverse, but if there's one I could tolerate, it's the black one. With him alive, there's hope for sanity. He's not afraid. I wish I could have been like him. Maybe I wouldn't be like this if I had.

In between the lightning popping like fireworks between rails and powerlines, the flashbulb explosions of the fairground lights getting overloaded, and the howls echoing back and forth in the open air, the black one rushes at Rodney. They linger together for a moment, then Rodney goes toppling off the track and crashes in a pile of twisted cars on the ground.

Shadowtrack is in shock. Thundering waves of her concern for him crash against me. I clench my teeth and ball my hands into fists against the onslaught of alien emotion. My real, physical teeth grind together and my actual knuckles turn a whitish-purple.

I don't even give the realization time to reach my conscious mind. I don't want Shadowtrack to notice. Every second is precious. I break out in a tearing dash for Rodney and the others are following, but I'm going to get to him first.

By the time I reach Rodney, the blood is soaking into his seat and pouring across the underside of his cars. He looks up at me with clouded eyes. Ten minutes ago, I took pity on him. Funny how ten minutes of hell can harden you.

“Rodney, I hate you.”

He makes a dim smile so I guess he didn't hear me. I'm sick of that smile, sick of everything to do with this. There's a deep red gash that runs along the underside of his first car. I sink my claws into it and pull and he gurgles and more blood swells out over my wheels.

I understand the black coaster's plan. He wants Rodney in a coma, unable to do anything but still alive, alive forever so there will never be another red roller coaster born.

I want Rodney dead. He's what keeps Shadowtrack ticking. If he's gone, so is she, and I'll be free. I'd hunt down red roller coasters for the rest of eternity if that's the price of freedom.

Another tsunami of fear and grief bursts from Shadowtrack and nearly drowns me. My body locks up and the silver coaster pushes me away so he can look at Rodney's wounds. My train twists a bit as I roll to the side. It took a constant mental effort just to control my own body, and now I need rest. But I can't rest until he's dead.

“Will he make it?” I squeeze through my locked jaw.

“The way I see it, Railrunner has a ten percent chance.”

My delight crashes against Shadowtrack's dread.

“So, you're saying he may not live!” It's a good thing I sound hysterical or they might get suspicious.

I lay back and close my eyes. I have to stifle a few laughs. Shadowtrack's concern tugs at my heartstrings but I ignore her. After a few uneven breaths, I crawl on my front legs toward Rodney. He's barely breathing and his eyes are sliding shut.

“Stay with me!” Shadowtrack forces past my lips.

No. He's dying, I won. You can curl up into a little bitch ball and sob yourself to sleep.

I haul myself up on top of Rodney. I'm close enough to his face that the others can't see. I let loose the grin I've been holding in as a couple tears run down my hood. I'm shaking and I'm holding his head in my hands. This is all going to be over. I crush my face against his. I pin his lips together and jam his nostrils shut with my big stupid roller coaster snout. His breathing was already shallow. He trembles a little bit, then he goes limp, then I go limp and slide off to the side.

The others are saying things. I can't hear what they're saying, and I don't care. I win. Rodney's dead. My life is mine.

I close my eyes, just for a moment. I rest, and for the first time since Rodney came back, I feel happy.

Djeser fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 3, 2013

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Just because the book is done, doesn't mean the "fan"fiction should stop.

Fake Edit: /\Oh, hello fellow fanfictioner!

--------

--EEEAK!

Squeak?

I look around. Everything is grey. I don't remember how I got here.

Move forward. Must be something here. Must find out why.

Ledge ahead. A figure sits next to it. A rat. Scrawny. Jet black. Doesn't seem hostile.

Must find out why. I go to him.

Ah, a new guest.

Something strange! People words! But how do I know they are such?

How do I understand them?

Of course, you are new here. There are many things you will have to learn.

I remain in awe. What is happening?

This is the Mouse Hole Beyond. An extra-dimensional space that acts as a sort of heaven for rodents... but you don't know what a "heaven" is, do you?

I squeak my lack of understanding.

Hmm. I don't have much time with you, so I'll tell you everything about it now. You will understand in time. This is the place that rodents of all descriptions go when they die. There are layers to it as well. The rodents who live a full life and die a natural death are reborn here as snow-white mice. A dim-witted lot altogether. Would you believe most of them don't even learn how to speak here?

A laughing sound comes from the rat's throat. I don't even know how to speak. What does that make me?

For the most part, the Whites are only fit for target practice. The next division are those who died to traps, poison, whatever cruelties the humans inflict without bothering to do it themselves. We call them the Trapped. They tend to come through in the same form they held when they died, and usually devote themselves to a trade that is useful to the rest of the Hole, be it weapons, armor, relaxation, or... relaxation. A good lot on the whole.

I squeaked at him. So much being said. So much of it I don't understand.

As I said, you'll get it all in time. Believe me, you'll have quite a bit of time to yourself. And now, the last group are those who died by more... direct means. I am of that group. So are you.

Squeak?!

I look at myself. I am not as I remember. My fur is black. My paws are long and jagged. I... look much like the rat in front of me.

Again, you'll have time to come to terms with this. Here, we are special. We are more powerful than any other creature in the Hole. We have the power to take what we desire. We have the intelligence to learn beyond our peers. Most importantly, and yet most detrimentally, we have a drive.

A... drive?

We black rats, we "Fallen", are unique in our arrival. A single thing killed us, and it did so in a personal manner. So, shortly after we begin our new life, we remember. You'll do so soon. Then, you will know your drive. And you will devote yourself to fulfilling it. If you fail, well, you're dead anyways, so it doesn't matter. And if you succeed, you lose all purpose by having completed the only thing you wanted to do. You become like me. I've been sitting here, waiting for another black rat to wander by from the hole in the wall. I wanted to give someone else a quick start, before I go to my own end.

Compassion? From a creature self-described as "Fallen"?

We tend to stick together. No matter how powerful you are, you are still just a rat. But we have strength in numbers. If you do well, you will come to be respected by the rats, feared by the Whites, and earn discounts from the Trapped. Heh. There is one last thing before I leave for good, and before you step forward and remember. As I said, this is the Mouse Hole Beyond. There are other "heaven" dimensions, a multitude for nearly every thing that exists in the human world. Most of those are designated as "Between", or such that they, in some manner, match up to the human world. The portals between the two are in fixed locations, and will always have the same destinations. This, however, is a "Beyond" dimension. Any exit from here can lead to any mouse hole in the human world... and one never knows where a mouse hole might pop up, eh?

I squeak in confusion. I don't know what he means.

Hmph. You'll figure it out eventually. Just know that you can basically go anywhere you like, here or there. Much as I am doing now.

The rat moves towards where I came from. I turn to watch him as he approaches a mouse hole I didn't notice before.

I'd say see ya around, but that would be a terrible lie. So... goodbye, and good luck.

The rats walks through the hole. He disappears from view. I am left confused.

Turn around. Look at the ledge. He mentioned moving forward, didn't he?

I move forward. I am on the edge of the ledge. I look out into the grey.

A shape starts forming in the distance. A... large thing. Red? A bizarre face. A snake-like body...

I remember.

Flames rush from the floating image, burning away the grey in the air. Pain fills me at a rate matching my memories.

That creature... killed me.

That monster... murdered me.

That demon... destroyed me for fun!

I... hate him.

I... I want to kill him like he killed me. I want to make him suffer like he made me suffer.

The fire has burned away all the grey, and the image of the demon hangs in the air, fully visible.

This was my drive.

"I...
will...
kill...
you..."

I look away from the image. I look down. A mouse with pure white fur skitters about beneath the ledge, unaware he is being watched.

It's nothing personal. I think that to myself even as I pounce on the creature and bite straight through its neck.

I need to be stronger to take on that demon. I will save my rage for it.

Everything on the path there is just collateral.

---------------

I'll be the first to admit my writing is... freeform. I often don't make a full plan of what is going to happen when I sit to write. I get a general idea of how things will start and how things will end, and just let the rest happen. Mouse Hole Beyond was always going to happen, but when I first thought of this idea, I was thinking more along the lines of a Grim Squeaker than another "Fallen" rat. Of course, fixed text is the closest thing to SmallCaps I can find here anyways, so. I sometimes surprise myself when I write, and I did get a slight chill while typing that bit after "This was my drive." I do realize, though, that this isn't an effective style of writing, at least not for a full-length work. So, please do critique to some degree, if you feel like it. I certainly recognize that it's a bit ramble-y all through the middle, but I'm also just writing a fanfiction of a terrible thing for a bunch of people on the internet, so I don't particularly desire to spend a long amount of time making it stand up to standards.

So, all in all, enjoy.

The Mouse will return in Black and Red

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
MiRanda R Leek - A Symphony of Sighs and Dismiss

I looked to where it had emerged to see a slight rustle of bushes before sighing in relief.

Woody leaned against the tunnel wall and sighed deeply.

“Railrunner, you are a roller coaster. Your lover is a human. Once she sees the real you, she’s done. Don’t even try to conceal the truth from her; she will find out sooner or later. Thunderbark said letting out an provoked sigh. “This is almost a blessing and a curse.”

“Clare – the truth is complicated.” I sighed. “Hard to understand as well.”

Thunderbark rolled his eyes. “He’s fine,” he sighed.

“There was a possible witness that could have seen you during your transformation yesterday, and he is in the position where he could arrest you.” He sighed.

“I don’t mind,” she said sitting on the couch. I walked over and sat in the chair in front of her. I wiped my face then sighed aloud. Then I began my story.

Before Clare could answer, Captain Vick’s phone rang. She sighed in relief.

Black sighed, he was getting frustrated, and I was loving every minute of it.

“A roller coaster is considered out of control on your rails. In our world, when our ride form is activated we are uncontainable till the full moon is at its highest. As you can now see I am stable, and I mean no harm.” I sighed, but Black only gave me a grimace.

I sighed watching a mouse scurry by, wishing to run and be free like it.

I sighed. “Perhaps you are right. I’ll work hard to try and bend metal while you round up Merrylegs and Static.” I said touching the ring.

“Go ahead, Railrunner, It’s yours.” He said looking at me with his blue eyes. I sighed and reached my wheels in. Their nylon tips touched the Firinium necklace. A ripple went down my back.

A cold mist raced through me, as my muscles tensed up. Power was restored to my body. I felt stronger than I ever was, except from when I rolled on the track. I let out a deep sigh in satisfaction and pleasure.

“Its alright Railrunner, any from you is fare game. You had better get going before they find you.” She said as she lowered her head and let more tears stream down her cheeks. I sighed and gently placed a wheel just under her chin; making her look back into my eyes.

“Soon seems like a long time.” She sighed.

“I was doing an investigation in the real world.” Thunderbark sighed in fatigue.

Thunderbark sighed. “Moonhoof, would you tell me if I show you why I must know?”

“Depends on what you want to put before me.” She sighed.

“Ahh.” Moonhoof said sighing. “Here we have it, the location of the Temple of the Red. It is a two days journey from here it sounds like.”

“Thanks.” He sighed in slight discontent.

I let out a long sigh and stood up carefully so I didn’t awake anyone.

He started to turn around for another attack, but I ran up on him and stuck him with my claws. They went strait through the pitiful ride him and the pillar. I pulled them out and watched the go-cart drop dead. I licked the blood off, and sighed in relief.

“Thanks. I wish we could stay, but you, Merrylegs, Static, and I know we must continue and find the temple. Like he said, we’ve given hope to Amusement Park Between.” I sighed, the white coaster then patted my shoulder.

He then sighed and gave in. Obviously disclosing a subject that he did not feel comfortable speaking about.

The captain got in her face and sighed.

He let out a long tired sigh. His icy eyes went from the mesmerizing flames back to me again.

He sighed again and poked a stick into the fire. He seemed to be thinking, trying to recall who she was.

“Railrunner,” he sighed. “You must learn to make good decisions! Instead of the many stupid ones - like the carnival.”

“Yes,” Merrylegs sighed to herself.

“Smart, Thunderbark what exactly happened to Moonblood?” I said looking at him. The coaster then sighed in defeat.

I sighed and sat up.

“You are stronger than before,” he said getting up sighing in relief.

I sighed in a long satisfied whoosh.

I sighed slightly aggravated. “If you think it is best, Thunderbark.”

Then moving along a tight bend, I noticed another secret door on the ground below. I sighed; the rails would have to wait a little bit.

He let out a long deep sigh.

“Yeah, I’d better.” He sighed in exhaustion.

“I still feel like it’s my fault.” I sighed.

He stepped on the gas petal and drove away quickly. We rounded a corner, and the cops were no longer in view. I sighed in great relief.

He nodded and drove away, as I sighed again in relief.

“Well, I’m really glad to see you; I’ve missed you so much. I think I am suffering from withdrawal.” She sighed

“I know you will.” She sighed. Then I said my final goodbye and escaped out of the back door.

“It’s fine.” I replied sighing.

“That is quite a bit.” Thunderbark sighed in disappointment.

Thunderbark looked to the ground; he let out another sigh of defeat.

I sighed; I looked at Bandit who was anxiously waiting.

“Well, Bandit says it will be a few hours.” He sighed.

Thunderbark was silent for several minutes. He then sighed like he always did right before explaining something bad or important to know.

Thunderbark let out one of his classic sighs again.

Thunderbark sighed, realizing he had been caught in a lie. We kind of all laughed at him. He only chuckled as he helped me up.

“Humph, no reception,” he sighed as he pulled his wheels away.

I fought back my feelings. Everything seemed even more messed up than it was before. All of my memories bothered me to no extent. Merrylegs continued to look at me, her eyes showed pity. I sighed.

Static sighed. “I will go to the meeting, if Railrunner promises not to be a gutter mouth.”

Then it was quiet, Merrylegs still stood in her defensive position. I looked at the wall and Static stared down at the grains of wood on the table. I turned to look at him, he snapped his head up to see me. I let out a long sigh.

“It will be a long way.” Merrylegs sighed.

I stared at everyone walking around. I took a deep sigh and set off into the crowd

All eyes seemed to be on me, I felt like shooing everyone off, but I could not screw up and blow cover. I glanced at merchant shops; owners gave me an unwelcome stare. I sighed and kept moving.

“What -.” Rozrail started but then trailed off. I sighed, looking around to see that the audience was pointing at me. They already knew, there was no point in keeping it a secret now.

“Weird,” I sighed.

“All right.” I sighed.

I laughed a little in response. Could I have been wrong? Did he not care about his dream anymore? I bent back down to take a nibble, but out of the corner of my eye I saw Railrunner reaching into the bag and pulling out the book slightly. He then sighed quietly to himself and slid the book back. Now I knew he was hiding all of his tension. He was indeed still worried.

After slicing my way through the jungle like area, I found a nice peaceful spot upon a rock that overlooked a lily-covered pond. I put the sword back into place, and then lied down on the huge stone. I sighed as I opened the book and began to thumb through its yellow pages.

“It’s dead.” I sighed.

“Nice.” Static said as he sighed in relief.

“I’ll explain,” she sighed.

Razorblade sighed.

I sighed and tried to sit up, however something pulled me back.

I let out a deep sigh. I popped my neck as I tried to get comfortable.

“His attitude towards things worries me though.” He sighed.

“He dropped her. I could not catch her; she fell into an ocean of blood. She never surfaced, and then I knew she was gone.” I said sighing heavily.

“Unfortunately.” I sighed.

“Oh thank goodness!” He sighed.

I sighed. “Some are, yes.”

“Oh no. Forgot about that.“ Razorblade sighed.

“I knew you couldn’t accept it.” Thunderbark sighed.

Then Clare fiddled with her keys and finally opened her car to put the beers in the seat. The wind picked up suddenly and blew her door shut. Clare sighed and searched through her keys again.

I let out a long sigh as Clare hopped off of me and glared at my eyes. She was expecting an answer.

“Well, I guess I could still wear the jeans.” I sighed. “You wouldn’t happen to have any really big shirts that could fit me?”

I sighed. “I just have to accept it I guess. I only found this out a few hours ago, I’m just flabbergasted about it.” I chuckled slightly, putting my arm around her.

“You can let them in,” I sighed in relief.

The white coaster then sighed in defeat.

“Now that I think about it, he should.” I sighed. “So are we just going to show up at Sly’s or what?”

“Stupid.” I heard Thunderbark say under his breath. I sighed.

“Never mind, let’s get inside.” I said walking into his warm house. Sly sat in his big chair by the fireplace as everyone else surrounded the edges of the room. I tried to gather up my words before I spoke. Thunderbark took a seat at my side, preparing to back me up on anything. Then I sighed and started.

I nodded in reply. My stomach suddenly growled loudly, it just now dawned on me that I’d had not eaten in almost two days. I clutched my stomach and sighed aloud, I then realized Thunderbark had heard me.

“Railrunner, I say that because I don’t know what will happen.” He sighed with worry in his voice.

I sighed, I had been right.

I took a deep breath and sighed. “What is Thunderbark up to?”

Clare began to laugh again, and then it became silent once more. All we could hear was the scuffling around by our troop downstairs. I sighed and let my head fall backwards against a metal support.

I sighed and took a deep breath and let it come out in a long satisfied whoosh.

“No, Railrunner, you need your sleep.” Thunderbark sighed.

I however, was awake thinking; pondering up my next idea. My brain filled with many plans, but none of them seemed to be the solution. Clare started to quiver in her sleep. I put my arms around her to serve as blanket and Clare seemed to sigh in relief.

“Fine, tell me your demands, Railrunner.” He sighed.

“Very well then,” he sighed. “Before I depart, can you give me a brief description of Ironwheel’s appearance?”

“Whatever you say.” She sighed as I entered the station.

“That’s all right; it was about time we headed back anyway.” Clare sighed as we climbed down from the loop.

“I guess,” I sighed as I walked in.

Thunderbark did not reply, he just remained silent. He stared at the wall biting his lip and crossing his arms. He let out one of his long all too familiar sighs as he looked back at me.

“We all are.” Thunderbark replied finally turning to me. He only looked for a brief second before returning his focus back to the road. He sighed as he clutched the phone in his hand. Thunderbark then turned onto another stretch; people stared at us as we drove by.

I snickered in response to his comment, because he was right. “You can go now, the light is green.” I said still laughing. Thunderbark sighed and started off again, still grumbling.

“Nice to see you again,” I smiled. Clare emitted a small grin. She then put her wheels on her forehead and sighed.

Thunderbark looked at her with a blank expression, and then dipped his head low. His eyes scanned across my body once again. He then looked back at Clare and let out a long sigh.

“It is good to be back.” Thunderbark sighed.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 3, 2013

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

This book makes me sigh. :downsrim:

e: The fanfics retcons are incredibly good. :stare: Great work everyone.

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 3, 2013

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

JWKS, that was too close to the real thing!

Also, the mouse heaven makes a lot more sense to me than ride heaven. But that might be because mice are... you know... alive. But I might just like the idea because I think rats are cute. (my roommate has two pet ones.)

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

DicktheCat posted:

JWKS, that was too close to the real thing!

Also, the mouse heaven makes a lot more sense to me than ride heaven. But that might be because mice are... you know... alive. But I might just like the idea because I think rats are cute. (my roommate has two pet ones.)

That is the real thing. It's a compilation of every sigh in the entire book.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

That is the real thing. It's a compilation of every sigh in the entire book.

I guess I derped.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

“You know, when I very first transformed into the creature that I am, I found out that I could smell fear. Ironwheel, you seem to have a great deal of it lingering from you.” I said calmly. “This is kind of like a student being punished by the principal. However it is not principal with the “pal” it should be the one spelled p-r-i-n-c-p-l-e. So, it is where the “student” is being punished by the principle of justice.”

This needs to be reposted on every page. Read it. Embrace it.

Let your mind grok the awfulness in its entirety.

That mouse story is pretty good. Reminds me of Skyhigh (the manga, not the dumb Disney film) which is awesome and should be read by everyone.
I never did figure it out, what was up with all the loving animal cruelty?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

SSNeoman posted:

Rodney is a murderous sarcastic psychopath rear end in a top hat, and that's why we hate love him so much.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Signs of someone being psychopath includes a history of animal abuse and cruelty. Miranda has done her research at least.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Djeser posted:

I want Rodney dead. He's what keeps Shadowtrack ticking. If he's gone, so is she, and I'll be free. I'd hunt down red roller coasters for the rest of eternity if that's the price of freedom.

This gives the old saying a new meaning. Because thanks to her... the red ones go faster.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Question for you guys: If you recall, I had bought the hard copy of the book from Amazon. What should I do with it now? I don't really want to keep it, lest a visitor or family member inadvertently picks it up and flips through it and I'm on the hook for the medical bills for aneurysm that arise as a result. I'd send it to my worst enemy, except I don't know anyone I hate so much that I'd send him or her "Twisted". For similar reasons, I wouldn't want to donate it to the Salvation Army or other charitable organization.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 4, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Nail it through the heart to the wall somewhere near your computer as an eternal reminder of the horrors that lurk just beyond the edge of fanfic.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
Send it to the Vatican, I hear they have people trained in the disposal of things like this.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Question for you guys: If you recall, I had bought the hard copy of the book from Amazon. What should I do with it now? I don't really want to keep it, lest a visitor or family member inadvertently picks it up and flips through it and I'm on the hook for the medical bills for aneurysm that arise as a result. I'd send it to my worst enemy, except I don't know anyone I hate so much that I'd send him or her "Twisted". For similar reasons, I wouldn't want to donate it to the Salvation Army or other charitable organization.

Weren't you going to trade it away in some sort of Christmas gift swap?

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
How high-quality is the paper? Can you tear out the pages and keep them by the loo?

Failing that, fire. Woodchipper. Blender. Make it into a papier-mache model of a dead coaster. Hack it into pieces with an axe. Sacrifice it to the gods of good writing. Throw it into a water ride. Go on Pinterest and turn it into a pretty craft project, and then light the craft project on fire.

attackbunny fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 4, 2013

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Secret santa or anonymous bookswaps!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Geokinesis posted:

Secret santa or anonymous bookswaps!

Hahaha I am imagining someone getting this for Book Barn secret santa, realizing what it is, and just collapsing in despair.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Sign it and give it to a lucky goon? If I wasn't leery of giving out my address on the interwebs I'd totally take it off your hands.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Do something akin to the Humument - selectively blot out and paint over words and sentences. turning the entire book into a combination of art and actually-coherent, not-lovely story.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I agree with the whole secret santa thing for some unlucky TBB sob. Perhaps with some real book as well as a consolation price.

This is probably the last Miranda art I'll post here, unless the thread stays alive for the republished edition of Twisted

Meet Moonhoof.

Cloven hooves? But it's Merrylegs that should have them!

Wikipedia posted:

The unicorn is a legendary animal from European folklore that resembles a white horse with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead, and sometimes a goat's beard and cloven hooves.
Of course it's possible that Miranda has decided that drawing horses is too hard and this is a carousel cow. Certainly looks like it by the face.

Why is there a small candle inside of the big candle?

Why does Moonhoof have piercings?

Goddamn it is that a roller coaster train handle on the bowl that holds the big-with-small-candle candle?

loving candles!

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 4, 2013

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Tardigrade posted:

Do something akin to the Humument - selectively blot out and paint over words and sentences. turning the entire book into a combination of art and actually-coherent, not-lovely story.

quote:

“This is just great!” I said as I slapped a handful of bills onto the table. All those unwanted slips of paper kept piling up, bills from the electric, water, and who knew what else. Everything seemed to be spiraling into a bottomless pit as the miserable minutes ticked by, forcing me to lose myself in my sea of misery that looked like it would never dry out.

All had shifted right after I got fired from my engineering job at the city’s local cake factory. I remembered the moment well, my boss calling me to his office for some reason unknown only to tell me those four words: Rodney Philips you’re fired! It turned out that I never did wrong; the factory had gone bankrupt making everyone lose their jobs. Now every ex employee was looking hopelessly for work, I included.

I sat at my kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee and munching on a donut.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Yeah tossing it in the secret santa pile sounds hilarious. Especially if you sign the inside cover with "I hate this book and I hate Railrunner and I hate Thunderbark and I hate everything they stand for. - JWKS ".

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Put your username inside the book. The next goon who gets it, will read it and sign their name in there. You guys can then meet up and share war stories.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Djeser posted:

Part 3

I close my eyes, just for a moment. I rest, and for the first time since Rodney came back, I feel happy.
Part 4

The others' voices are distant and happy. Maybe they're glad that Rodney is dead too.

I can hear growling and snarling, though. I recognize it from all the times it's been leveled at me.

No. No!

I open my eyes and lift my head from the ground. Rodney's standing. His coils are twisting behind him. Every concept of injustice I've ever known doesn't even come close to describing how much hate I feel right now.

Then I feel that dumb, vapid, empty love blasting out of Shadowtrack's mind. I don't just feel it crash against my thoughts—I feel it as if it's my love. It's there, inside of me, forced into my mind. She makes me love him and I can't fight it. I'm happy and I hate it.

Rodney roars and Shadowtrack gets giddy and I curl my lips so that I can keep myself from smiling. She wants him to beat the black roller coaster and I want to see him die and I want him to beat the black roller coaster. I love Rodney so much I just want to stroke his chest and rip out his heart and eat it.

I'm still struggling to get ground beneath all of my feet when a shock wave crashes over me. If metal skin could get goosebumps, that's what this feels like. Gravity rotates sideways, then upwards, and I cling onto the ground with my wheel-claws as tightly as I can.

All around me, the rides are moving. Like a rippling, vibrating note, I can feel Rodney's will prickling across my hide. The horse and the bumper car and the silver coaster look like they're having a religious experience. Shadowtrack is babbling blissfully inside my head. I force my feet up and down, pushing myself toward where the two roller coasters are fighting.

Fantasies swell and crumble as Shadowtrack forces them to life in my mind and I crush them back down. She hugs Rodney and I push his sword against his neck, he whirls around and she's dueling with him and I lunge for his chest and then she's nestled against him, her train coiled around him and then I suffocate him like a boa constrictor. Each victory lets me inch closer to the fighting coasters.

And then none of the struggle even matters any more. Rodney's got the black roller coaster tied up. He summons up searing flames and crackling lightning and pours both into him. The black coaster's cars start to twist from the heat. They warp and the paint bubbles and the plastic seats sear and blister. In drips and hunks of molten metal, the black coaster's skin begins to slough off. I can see muscle and organs as they turn the gray of cooked meat before blackening, charred and cracked. He's still screaming, somehow, like the screech of tearing steel as a skyscraper comes toppling down.

My hands hit dirt as I belch oily bile onto the ground. Shadowtrack and I agree on something for once: we're both disgusted. But as soon as I've wiped my lips, her repulsive, empty love swells back up like a growing migraine.

With the black coaster gone, it's up to me. I'm the only one that can stop this, for everyone's sake.

The force of Rodney's will fades and I can relax. He leaves the charred husk of the black roller coaster on the tracks and comes down to the ground with a heavy slam. I'm suddenly terrified for him and I'm so glad he's alive and I rush toward him and hug his chest as tightly as I can.

“Railrunner, you did it!” I say. Or does Shadowtrack say it?

It had to be her. I wouldn't have called him that stupid roller coaster name. Then why did I do it? I let go. The others are congratulating him. I put my hand to my hood and rub slowly.

It's getting worse. Shadowtrack is closer. At first, she was like a voice in a crowded room—now she's among my thoughts. She's feeding me thoughts. She wants to make me part of her and I can't keep myself straight.

“Before we go home, Clare has to have a proper name,” the silver coaster says.

I look up. Shadowtrack's dumb grin blends with my sneer to make a blankly surprised expression.

“A name? I already have a name,” I say with as much sarcasm as Shadowtrack lets me have. 'It's Shadowtrack,' I almost add, but catch myself. This is getting harder.

“Ah, but it is a human name. For now on you use that name when you are indeed human. Anybody here have any suggestions?” The silver coaster looks away from me.

“Clare,” I snap, then bury my head in my hands. They ignore me.

Shadowtrack's voice rings through my head. “I know what my name is destined to be. I heard Railrunner calling me Shadowtrack in a dream!”

That's really romantic. Or maybe it isn't and Shadowtrack is making me think it's romantic.

“How about 'track' being the end of her name, like my mother's?” Railrunner asks. I mean Rodney. I'm not calling him that stupid roller coaster name.

“That sounds good,” I say. It does sound good. I don't want to be called Shadowtrack, obviously, even though it's a really pretty name and I was destined to have that name because I saw it in a dream, but Whatever-track sounds good.

No, it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm starting to have trouble telling where Shadowtrack is overlapping with me. Why is this so easy for her?

“What about Venomtrack?”

“No. I'm Clare.”

“Flowertrack?”

“No!”

I haven't wanted to admit it to myself, but this is getting worse and worse. I know where Shadowtrack comes from. She's me.

“Magictrack?”

“No, that sounds cheesy.”

She's the worst parts of me. She's the girl who was okay with dating a guy who wasn't really interested in her and talked all the time about maybe one day going to an amusement park. She's the girl who put up with a cheating bastard during senior year because she was afraid of not having a boyfriend. All of the things I hate about myself, all of the things I wanted to change, all condensed into the person who's taking over my body and my mind.

I was wrong. The curse isn't being trapped in a body with someone you hate. The curse is becoming someone you hate.

“I think I might have one,” the bumper car says.

“What is it?” the carousel horse asks.

“How about Shadowtrack?”

I throw all my will into this. I have to say no. My cheek twitches a little and I want to say yes so badly. It's my destiny. I want everyone to call me Shadowtrack and I want to live with Railrunner forever. I want none of it but Shadowtrack makes me want all of it.

“I like it.”

Please no I don't want to be Shadowtrack just let me die let me be tortured kill me like the black coaster but I don't want it to end like this my name is clare i'm a human my name is clare and i hate rodney and i hate railrunner dont please pleese plese

“So, Shadowtrack it is then,” Railrunner grinned at her.

“You bet," Shadowtrack sighed.

THE END

Djeser fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 5, 2013

Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!

Djeser posted:

I love Rodney so much I just want to stroke his chest and rip out his heart and eat it.

This is amazing!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

This is so horrible and depressing. And then I think about how Railrunner and Shadowtrack are going to have sex or whatever it is Miranda thinks they do and I remember the kissing picture and the birth picture and I get this horrible feeling in my gut and then I throw up in my mouth :suicide:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Djeser posted:

“You bet," Shadowtrack sighed.

Marvelous work, taking what was intended in the story to just plain be absolute and total commitment, and showing how it's not really such a thing as that, showing how any sane being would be actually taking it, and showing how even sanity may not be a proper defense.

I shall celebrate the conclusion of your work by concluding my own. :v:

---------------

Much time has passed. I have learned much.

I hunted the Whites in this world, made them know a piece of my suffering that they had never experienced before.

I traveled back to the human world. I hunted there as well, sending many things to their "heavens" with a black sheen. Other mice and rats, too.

I may be the thing they desire to destroy the most, but I keep them in check with a promise. Once my own drive is fulfilled, I won't fight them when they take their own vengeance.

It works. The Fallen I made hate me, the ones I didn't fear me, but they follow me all the same.

The Mouse Hole Beyond still operates. On a newcomer's glance, everything seems to be fine. But they all fear me. They all hate me. Every action they take is preceded by looking over their shoulder for the Fallen.

But I keep them in check, too. The same promise that makes servants of my personal enemies makes the normal inhabitants leave me be, sometimes even help me. The day the red demon dies, they say, is the day we are freed from our own demon.

Am I a demon? I have done many things since my death that could be called bad. Malicious. Evil. Tyrannical. But I do not think that makes me a demon.

It has never been personal. Every White I tear apart has been to strengthen myself. Every raid into the human world has been to strengthen my army. Every Trapped who winds up dead after refusing to give us weapons and supplies was an obstacle that needed to be surmounted. I do these things, not for pleasure, but to fulfill an eventual goal, a "good" thing that must be done.

I stand where I first entered the Hole.

Turn around. Look at the ledge.

One hundred pairs of eyes look back. Perhaps more.

I think... this is going to be personal.

It's time.

=========

Richard Black cautiously walked forward. This had been a long day. He knew he was dealing with forces beyond common human understanding when they dragged in a drat living roller coaster; fortunately for him, Black was no common human. He knew the coaster would likely be dangerous after it had been awake some time, and so he had sent another officer, charmed to look like Black even to otherworldy beings, to interrogate the coaster.

They would never be able to remove the red stains from the walls.

And so Black was cautious. He had tracked the coaster to Mystic Park. Funny thing, isn't it? You get murderous clowns, it all comes back to the carnival. You get hordes of the dead, it all comes back to the graveyard.

You get a psychopathic roller coaster, it all... you know.

Since roller coasters tend to not be alive in this world, Black was certain this thing had come from another world. From that, he assumed that there must be a portal to that other world at the park. He stepped into a small clearing containing a small, circular pool and several other "kiddie" water park parallels. He had no interest in whatever else surrounded the pool, though; he immediately noticed how meticulously perfect a circle it formed. If he was right about this... drat. The bottom of the pool had been tiled to form a teleportation sigil. It would only open when the proper artifact was brought near, but it did confirm the theory that the coaster was trying to leave this world.

Black wonders if he might be too late, if perhaps the coaster has alrea--

Fast as lightning, the red coaster lunges at Black and knocks him into a concrete surfboard decoration. The impact sends a fracture through the board and nearly breaks Black's spine.

"You?" the coaster snorted. "I knew I was being tracked, but I'm pretty certain I've already killed you." The coaster moves over Black, going so fast that, to Black's weary mind, it seemed like teleportation. "I remember every person I've killed," it says in a dark tone. The coaster returns to a standing position, or what passes as such for a snake-like creature, and starts casually walking back and forth, as though chatting with a friend. "You know, you might be the first person I've killed twice. Clearly, that little trick last time didn't work. Which is funny, because that mouse certainly didn't seem like it would be coming back. So, this time, I'll try something different. Maybe I'll burn you to a crisp?" he says as fire springs to life in his uppermost right hand. Black can feel the sweltering heat from the coaster's magic. "Or, perhaps you'd like something a bit more... shocking?" he says as electricity begins to crackle across his uppermost left hand. The thing seems to be holding back a chuckle; he must think he's hilarious. Black doesn't laugh. "But, really, those are far too impersonal. No, for the man who dies twice, something much more direct needs to happen. I will cut you apart with my claws. Slowly. Delicately. You will wish you had stayed in the land of the dead, and finally, when you are begging me for the sweet release of death... I shall grant it. This is going to be... personal."

Indeed it is.

"What!?" the coaster roared. "Who's there? How can anything else be there! I know this human is the only thing that followed me!" For his part, Black also looked confused at the turn of events.

We didn't follow you, as such.

"WE?! You aren't alone in this? This isn't how it's supposed to go! It was supposed to be me, this human, and freedom!"

Do you hate when things don't go your way?

"What kind of question is that?! Of course I hate it! I'm special! I've been chosen! I will save this world!"

Black finally spoke up. "Just what in the he-"

"SHUT UP!" the coaster screamed. He swung his tail around and smashed Black in the head, knocking him out. "I will deal with you later! Now... where are you?"

You might be surprised... where a mouse hole can turn up.

"What the hell does that mean! Where the hell are y-" the coaster froze in mid-sentence as he felt... something... scurrying around inside his cars. He turned his upper body around to look inside his train. Rats. Rats everywhere. The coaster could feel them gnawing at his body, trying to get through the outer shell. He had to do something. Fast. He summoned fire again, figuring he could sleep the damage off later. He sends a jet of flame all along the length of his back, and tens of rats fall out, little infernos that scamper mere feet before expiring. The pain is agonizing, but the coaster knows that at least he's survi-

More. More rats. Scurrying. Clawing. Biting already singed flesh, making their progress quicker. The coaster freaks out, and begins jetting fire down his body once more. He doesn't stop when he thinks all the rats are gone this time. Soon enough, the corpses stop falling out, and continue burning while still in the train, doubling the heat the coaster is exposing himself to.

And still they bite. The coaster screams in agony, and rears his head to the sky.

And notices a single black object dropping from an above tree.

Die.

The Fallen rat that was once a simple mouse lands on the back of the coaster's head, and bites through the weakened metal of the neck with great strength, severing the creature's nervous system and paralyzing the beast. The coaster stops thrashing, stops shooting flames at himself, stops... everything. But thinking. And hearing.

It would be easy to finish you. It would be the simplest thing to bore a hole straight to your heart and bite it. But I won't. You made me suffer. You toyed with me. My body was torn apart for your amusement. Your body will burn to ashes for my vengeance.

"Ah, yes, I remember you. I remember everyone I killed. And yet here you are again. A bit different. But it's still you."

Nothing you say will make me stop the suffering. It has been long overdue.

"No, of course not. Even if the fires stop, I'm probably dead anyways. Looks like... I might not save the world after all, huh? But with you here, and that detective over there... it seems that maybe, everyone I killed is going to be back anyways. No change at all from my passing through. Heh."

What you have done cannot be undone. I wouldn't quite say even I am back in a full sense.

"Whatever. If I had another chance, I wouldn't waste so much time. So what if the detective had followed me into my world? So what if I was in a weakened state in that cell? I should have been more direct."

Had you been any more direct, the planet itself may have become a Fallen dedicated to destroying you.

"Shut up," the coaster sighed. "Leave me to die in peace." With this, the red demon fell silent.

========

I have achieved vengeance. I have fulfilled my drive. The demon is dead. So are all the other rats. Of all the things I killed, only a Fallen rat could possibly kill me, and now there are none who swear vengeance against me. I have no reason to live, and nothing to kill me.

I survey the scene. The red is dead, the body burning still. The pool remains calm. The structure the human was thrown into has finally crumbled at the point of impact. And the human-

Turn around. Look up.

The human stands above me. He seems to only be injured slightly, despite having been out of commission the entire fight. He looks down at me.

He smiles.

I was grateful for humans once, wasn't I?

Perhaps... there is still something to live for.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've updated the table of contents in the second post of this thread. Please let me know if there's anything I've missed, thanks!

JosephWongKS posted:

Contents Page

0. Blurb, Acknowledgments and Prologue

1. Review of Chapter 1

2. Review of Chapter 2

3. Review of Chapter 3
3A. Picture of Rodney (Provided by EagerSleeper)
3B. Dramatic reading of Chapter 3 (Performed by Mercedes)

4. Review of Chapter 4
4A. Dramatic reading of Chapter 4 (Performed by Mercedes)

5. Review of Chapter 5
5A. Dramatic reading of Chapter 5 (Performed by Mercedes)
5B. Fanart of Rodney and the bartender (Drawn by EagerSleeper)

6. Review of Chapter 6
6A. Miranda Leek's character bio for Railrunner
6B. Miranda Leek's drawings of Railrunner's retractable wheel-claws (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
6C. Dramatic reading of Chapter 6 (Performed by Mercedes)
6D. Miranda Leek's drawings of an ultrasound image of a roller-coaster fetus (Provided by Geokinesis)

6.5 Interlude between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7

7. Guest review of Chapter 7 (Provided by Mercedes)
7A. Alternative book cover 1 (Provided by my dad the SA goon known as "my dad")
7B. Alternative book cover 2 (Provided by the SA goon known as "my dad")

8. Review of Chapter 8
8A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner's head (Provided by alcharagia)

9. Guest review of Chapter 9 (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
9A. Miranda Leek's character bio for Thunderbark
9C. Miranda Leek's Deviantart drawing of a roller-coaster-weasel (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
9D. Miranda Leek's character bio for Merrylegs
9E. Miranda Leek's character bio for Static
9F. Dramatic reading of Chapter 9 (Performed by the SA goon known as "my dad")

10. Review of Chapter 10
10A. "About the Author and the Illustrator"
10B. :nms: Miranda Leek's character bio for Shadowtrack (Provided by SSNeoman) :nms:
10C. Picture of an adorable dog to cleanse your mind after seeing the drawing of Shadowtrack (Provided by Dreggon)

11. Review of Chapter 11

12. Guest review of Chapter 12 (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
12A. :nms: Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner's crotch (Provided by Geokinesis) :nms:
12B. Fanart of Clare riding on Railrunner (Drawn by Rahonavis)
12C. Fanart of Detective Black attacking Railrunner with a machete (Drawn by Iced Cocoa's friend Coydog)
12D. Fanart of Detective Black (Drawn by SSNeoman)
12E. Another picture of an adorable dog to cleanse your mind after seeing the drawing of Railrunner's crotch (Provided by Dreggon)
12F. Dramatic reading of Chapter 12 (Performed by Mercedes)
12G. Various pictures from Miranda Leek's Deviantart account (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

13. Review of Chapter 13
13A. Miranda Leek's picture and bio of Firetrack (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

14. Review of Chapter 14

15. Review of Chapter 15

16. Review of Chapter 16

17. Review of Chapter 17
17A. Fanfiction of Detective Black and Captain Vicks (Written by SSNeoman)
17B. Analysis of the physics of Railrunner's blood-bending (Written by horriblePencilist)
17C. Analysis of the physics of Railrunner's running speed (Written by horriblePencilist)
17D. Miranda Leek's picture of Railrunner's behind (Provided by attackbunny)
17E. Analysis of the physics of Railrunner's ability to fall from a ceiling and land like a cat (Written by horriblePencilist)
17F. Miranda Leek's essay on hunting in were-roller-coaster society (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
17G. Analysis of the physics of were-roller-coaster hunting (Written by horriblePencilist)

18. Review of Chapter 18
18A. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by horriblePencilist)
18B. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Mercedes)
18C. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

18.5 Interlude between Chapter 18 and Chapter 19

19. Review of Chapter 19
19A. Analysis of the physics of were-roller-coaster flotation (Written by horriblePencilist)
19B. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
19C. Analysis of the physics of were-roller-coaster flotation, continued (Written by horriblePencilist)
19D. Railrunner Power Bingo (Contributed by horriblePencilist)
19E. Miranda Leek's drawing of were-roller-coaster anatomy (Provided by horriblePencilist)

20. Review of Chapter 20
20A. Fanart of Moonhoof (Drawn by Rahonavis)
20B. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner in a trench-coat (Provided by horriblePencilist)
20C. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
20D. :nms: Miranda Leek's drawings of pregnant roller-coasters :nms: and Drawing of adorable dog to cleanse your mind (Provided by Dreggon)
20E. :nms: Miranda Leek's drawing of pregnant roller-coaster and roller-coaster-fetus :nms: (Provided by SSNeoman)
20F. Fanfiction of thugs who accosted Clare and were later brutally murdered by Railrunner (Written by Jeek)
20G. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

21. Review of Chapter 21
21A. Fanfiction of the SWAT captain who was brutally murdered by Railrunner (Written by Mercedes)
21B. Fanfiction of the mouse who was brutally murdered by Railrunner (Written by Oblivion4568238)
21C. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
21D. Drawings by other, better artists in Miranda Leek's Deviantart group "Bizarre Anthros" (Provided by SSNeoman)

22. Review of Chapter 22
22A. Analysis of red roller-coaster lifespans (Computed by Iced Cocoa)
22B. Miranda Leek's coloured drawings of Railrunner in jail and Freakshow (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
22C. Someone's Deviantart drawing of an anthropomorphic Kalashnikov (Provided by Abundant Atrophy)

23. Review of Chapter 23
23A. Fanfiction of Railrunner and Roy Orbison (Written by alcharagia)

24. Review of Chapter 24

25. Review of Chapter 25
25A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner and his Sword of McGuffin (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
25B. Fanfiction of FBI agents carrying out surveilance on Clare's house (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
25C. Chart showing the number of "sigh" in each chapter of the book (Done by Iced Cocoa)

26. Review of Chapter 26
26A. Fanfiction of the the policemen who were being chased by Railrunner on the road (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
26B. Miranda Leek's drawing of Moonblood (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
26C. Miranda Leek's drawing of a smug roller-coaster in a bathrobe (Provided by Geokinesis)
26D. :nms: Miranda Leek's drawing of a "sexy" lady roller-coaster in a bikini and fishnet stockings :nms:(Provided by Iced Cocoa)
26E. Drawing of original character "Jolly" Jacktrack (Drawn by SSNeoman)

27. Review of Chapter 27
27A. Miranda Leek's drawing and character bio of Prototype the cyborg roller-coaster (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
27B. Miranda Leek's drawing and character bio of Darkrail (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
27C. Smilie of smug roller-coaster (Drawn by horriblePencilist)
27D. Revised smilie of smug roller-coaster (Drawn by horriblePencilist)
27E. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

27.5. Interlude between Chapter 27 and Chapter 28

28. Review of Chapter 28

29. Review of Chapter 29
29A. Miranda Leek's drawings of Merrylegs and Railrunner (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
29B. Smilie of sighing roller-coaster (Drawn by Rahonavis)
29C. Miranda Leek's drawings of cheetah-coaster and police-cruiser-coaster (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
29D. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

30. Review of Chapter 30
30A. Miranda Leek's drawing and character bio of Freakshow (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
30B. Fan-fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by horriblePencilist)

31. Review of Chapter 31

31.5. Interlude between Chapter 31 and Chapter 32
31.5A. Fanart of Ironwheel sitting on his throne (Drawn by Iced Cocoa)
31.5B. Fanart of "plane walking like a prehistoric creature (Drawn by Rahonavis)
31.5C. Fanart of Miranda Leek at her computer (Drawn by Iced Cocoa's friend Coydog)
31.5D. Fanart of Railrunner asking for a coaster (Drawn by the SA goon known as "my dad")
31.5E. Miranda Leek's drawing of a roller coast sleeping in a dog basket (Provided by attackbunny)
31.5F. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
31.5G. Fanart of Miranda Leek at her computer (Drawn by Iced Cocoa's friend Coydog)
31.5G. Political cartoon of Miranda Leek and Twisted (Drawn by the goon known as "my dad")
31.5H. Fanart of Railrunner and a random thug (Drawn by horriblePencilist)
31.5I. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner (Provided by horriblePencilist)
31.5J. Miranda Leek's drawings of Railrunner (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

32. Review of Chapter 32
32A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

33. Review of Chapter 33
33A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner the "Scream Machine" (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

34. Review of Chapter 34

35. Review of Chapter 35

36. Review of Chapter 36
36A. Analysis of the size of Huntersburg / berg / ville (Contributed by Iced Cocoa)
36B. Fanfic of Spider-Ride-Gladiator (Written by Phummus)
36C. Fanart of Railrunner wearing his trenchcoat (Drawn by Voltin Bolt)

37. Review of Chapter 37

38. Review of Chapter 38
38A. Drawing of book cover for Bobbin Threadbare's Detective Black fanfiction (Drawn by Antlerhill)
38B. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
38C. Drawing of book cover for Bobbin Threadbare's Detective Black fanfiction (Drawn by Jeek)

39. Review of Chapter 39

40. Review of Chapter 40 - Part One
40A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner and Merrylegs in the forest (Contributed by Iced Cocoa)
40B. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
40C. Review of Chapter 40 - Part Two

40.5 Interlude between Chapter 40 and Chapter 41
40.5A Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

41. Review of Chapter 41

42. Review of Chapter 42
42A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner on a hospital bed (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
42B. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner and Thunderbark (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

43. Review of Chapter 43
43A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

44. Review of Chapter 44

45. Review of Chapter 45
45A. Miranda Leek's drawings of Merrylegs (Contributed by Iced Cocoa)

46. Review of Chapter 46 - Part One
46A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
46B. Review of Chapter 46 - Part Two
46C. Review of Chapter 46 - Part Three
46D. :stare: :gonk: :barf: :nws: :nms: Miranda Leek's drawings of roller-coasters before, during and after child-birth :nms: :nws: :barf: :gonk: :stare: (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

47. Review of Chapter 47 - Part One
47A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
47B. Review of Chapter 47 - Part Two
47C. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner growling and salivating (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

48. Review of Chapter 48
48A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner in a bathrobe, drinking wine (Provided by attackbunny)

49. Review of Chapter 49

49.5 Interlude betwen Chapter 49 and Chapter 50

50. Review of Chapter 50
50A. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner in a suit (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
50B. More of Miranda Leek's drawings of Railrunner in various poses (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

51. Review of Chapter 51
51A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

52. Review of Chapter 52 - Part One
52A. Review of Chapter 52 - Part Two

53. Review of Chapter 53 - Part One
53A. Review of Chapter 53 - Part Two

54. Review of Chapter 54

55. Review of Chapter 55
55A. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)

56. Review of Chapter 56
56A. Dramatic reading of Chapters 1 to 4 (Performed by alcharagia)

57. Review of Chapter 57
57A. Dramatic reading of Chapters 5 to 10 (Performed by alcharagia)
57B. Fanfiction of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
57C. Scan of cover, spine and back-cover of Twissted (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
57D. Miranda Leek's drawings of Railrunner and Thunderbark (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
57E. Dramatic reading of Chapter 11 (Performed by alcharagia)

58. Review of Chapter 58 - Part One
58A. Review of Chapter 58 - Part Two
58B. Synopsis of Vertigo (Miranda Leek's sequel to Twisted) - Part One (Written by Iced Cocoa)
58C. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner and Shadowtrack making out (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
58D. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner and Shadowtrack making out (Provided by Geokinesis)
58E. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner snarling (Provided by Iced Cocoa)

59. Review of Chapter 59 - Part One
59A. Review of Chapter 59 - Part Two
59B. Review of Chapter 59 - Part Three
59C. Review of Chapter 59 - Part Four
59D. How Twisted should have ended (Written by pathetic little tramp)
59E. Synopsis of Vertigo - Part Two (Written by Iced Cocoa)

60. Review of Chapter 60 - Part One
60A. Miranda Leek's later pictures of roller-coasters (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
60B. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner in a leather jacket (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
60C. Dramatic reading of Chapter 12 (Performed by alcharagia)
60D. Review of Chapter 60 - Part Two
60E. Review of Chapter 60 - Part Three

60.5 Interlude between Chapter 60 and Chapter 61
60.5A Fanfic of Captain Vick (Written by SSNeoman)

61. Review of Chapter 61 - Part One
61A. Review of Chapter 61 - Part Two
61B. Review of Chapter 61 - Part Three
61C. Miranda Leek's pictures for Chapter 61 (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
61D. Synopsis of Vertigo - Part Three (Written by Iced Cocoa)
61E. Review of Chapter 61 - Part Four

62. Review of Chapter 62 - Part One
62A. Review of Chapter 62 - Part Two
62B. Review of Chapter 62 - Part Three
62C. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Focacciasaurus_Rex)

63. Review of Chapter 63 - Part One
63A. Fanfic of Detective Black (Written by Bobbin Threadbare)
63B. Review of Chapter 63 - Part Two
63C. Review of Chapter 63 - Part Three
63D. Fanfic of Freakshow (Written by Focacciasaurus_Rex)

64. Review of Chapter 64 - Part One
64A. Review of Chapter 64 - Part Two
64B. Review of Chapter 64 - Part Three
64C. Review of Chapter 64 - Part Four
64D. Fanfic of Clare / Shadowtrack - Part One (Written by Djeser)
64E. Fanfic of Clare / Shadowtrack - Part Two (Written by Djeser)

65. Review of Chapter 65 - Part One
65A. Review of Chapter 65 - Part Two
65B. Miranda Leek's drawing of Railrunner eating a cow (Provided by attackbunny)
65C. Review of Chapter 65 - Part Three
65D. Review of Chapter 65 - Part Four
65E. Review of Chapter 65 - Part Five
65F. Review of Chapter 65 - Part Six

66. Review of Chapter 66 - Part One
66A. Review of Chapter 66 - Part Two
66B. Fanfic of Steven Seagal and Moonhoof (Written by pathetic little tramp)
66C. Fanfic of Clare / Shadowtrack - Part Three (Written by Djeser)
66D. Fanfic of the mouse that Railrunner tortured to death (Written by Oblivion4568238)
66E. Compilation of all the sighs in the book
66F. Miranda Leek's drawing of Moonhoof (Provided by Iced Cocoa)
66G. Fanfic of Cladowtrack - Part Four (Written by Djeser)
66H. Fanfic of the mouse that Railrunner tortured to death (Written by Oblivion4568238)

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 5, 2013

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Last night I dreamt that I was in a bookstore and found Twisted on the shelf. Next thing you know, I'll be climbing up my wall, Elm Street style, babbling about cake factories and roller coaster ultrasounds.

Hats off to JWKS and anyone who stuck this thread out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

quote:

31.5G. Political cartoon of Miranda Leek and Twisted (Drawn by attackbunny)
That wasn't me, that was my dad. The goon known as 'my dad'.

• Locked thread