Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Hold up a second here. If red coasters are the only ones born, and they're born without a father, what's going on in all those horrible pictures Leek drew of a pregnant coaster and a male coaster?

Please don't tell me Railrunner also gets the magically ability to not have to be dead before reproducing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Detective Black :ohdear:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Note: Mistymetal is a character in Vertigo that does not appear in Twisted. My speculation is that she's the mother of Firetrack, the second red, there are couple of clues strewn around that hint at that.

By "hints" you mean she outright states it several times over the course of one chapter, right?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

attackbunny posted:

Twisted rollercoaster names: Railrunner, Thunderbark, Firetrack, Shadowtrack, Angeltrack, Ironwheel, Mistymetal, Moonblood, Redrail, Freakshow, Prototype.

Actual rollercoaster names: The Cyclone, Leap-the-Dips, The Racer, Kingda Ka, Steel Dragon 2000, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Saw: The Ride, Nemesis, Oblivion.

About the only thing I could see an amusement park actually naming a ride is Freakshow, although they would then get violently petitioned for disrespecting people with deformities or disabilities.

Hahaha just think about how much better this would be.

"My name's not Rodney! It's really Saw: the Ride©!"

Even better if he wouldn't allow nicknames or shortening or any kind.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

When I saw the warning I thought "yeah right how much worse can it get".

I was so wrong.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

quote:

It was a good thing I had it on safety so it wouldn’t shoot on accident and kill me.

What a loving tragedy that would have been.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

You know, when I first started reading this thread I assumed only excerpts rather than the whole text were being posted because of how disjointed and awful it was. I wish I had been right if only to save myself the shame of having read this whole loving book.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Antlerhill posted:

I was reading another book today, and when I came upon the word "sigh" I was reminded of this travesty of a book and had to put it down and take a break. The writing in Twisted is so bad that it ruins the good writing in other books. It has practically murdered an English word for me.

I found my old copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon a couple days ago but when I tried to play it I just felt unclean. :(

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Dreggon posted:

3. Brand new deus ex machina. Magic laser beam gun sword rollercoaster killer gun shooter bullets.

~The healing power of rollercoaster love~

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I hate this book and I hate Railrunner and I hate Thunderbark and I hate everything they stand for.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Geokinesis posted:

Secret santa or anonymous bookswaps!

Hahaha I am imagining someone getting this for Book Barn secret santa, realizing what it is, and just collapsing in despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Oh my god, I just found that she has made some beautiful (HORRIFYING) images of pregnant Angeltrack (?) and some sickening baby images of Railrunner (?).

I'm on a horrible internet connection so it's hard for me to download and upload them, would some wonderful goon please rehost them and post them here? :magical:

E: it took me two minutes to upload it, but it's imperative to post Railrunner licking his own dick.

I'll probably regret asking, but what is this picture actually supposed to show?

• Locked thread