Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
I guess someone managed to one-up anthropomorphic airplanes, huh. Didn't think it was possible.

Shine on, Miranda Leek, you crazy furry diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

I never thought then I would wish she would be as subtle ripping off things as she did with bending.

quote:

Then the gash started to shrink, till it was no longer visible, Rodney had healed himself. Clare stood unmoving. She gasped as she realized her mistake.

"So thou thought thou couldst kill me, fool." exploded Rodney
If only...

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
The knife had a silver blade, obviously.

Actually, maybe it was a carney knife; it would make sense that his body would be impervious to everything except that made of carnival.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

:nms: that thing, man. :gonk:
If you look carefully, it's also :nws: :eng101:

Honestly I'd much rather see a drawing of a bloodied Detective Black leaping at a roller-coaster with a machete.

crime weed fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 14, 2013

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
The whole thing reeks of FYIAD-syndrome. Honestly you could replace all instances of "roller coaster" and "coaster" with dragon and the story would be perfectly coherent - still make sense - Still Make As Much Sense As It Previously Did.

quote:

This is the best thread.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Clearly Rodney will have a repentance phase where he works to somehow make up for his wrongdoings via. community service work.

I mean it's not like he'd go through the rest of the book without feeling some kind of regret for the bloodshed. R-right?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Black
Paranormal Detective
Book V: The Deadly Ride

quote:

Detective Black is back with another thrilling mystery to solve! In the small town of Huntersberg, nicknamed "the city on the edge of reality", where mankind's greatest dreams and fears are realized, trouble is once again brewing. Follow Black and his trusty band of officers as discover what truly happens to lonely, neglected amusement park attractions, but beware! Not everyone who's getting on this ride is getting off... Alive!

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 19, 2013

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Considering their sheer length and mass, I think the fact that they can swim in the first place should be considered a 'power'. I don't see anything that heavy doing anything but sinking straight to the bottom.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

Instead of a colon or a butthole of any kind, there is a furnace. Where every "waste material" is put in and it is converted to energy that radiates throughout the body of the roller coaster. Another non-SA friend of mine watching this thread commented that to do that they have to destroy the very atoms to convert matter into energy in that manner, as both fusion and fission always leave a mass of some matter.
Nah, they're just constantly farting. Permanently. Forever.

Must smell awful.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Could we stick to analyzing the book and not the author? I mean, analyzing aspects of the author through the book is sort of ok, but other than that...

Also, I'm gonna have to try my hand at a bit of writing soon, jeez. Everyone's gonna contribute to Black's legacy~

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

But they're supposed to be reptiles, aren't they? Why does she get pregnant?
Not to mention Miranda seems to forget how long her loving psychocoasters are. How do they get bo-
NO. BAD THOUGHT PROCESS BAD :suicide:
As a rule of thumb furry characters function identically to mammals, unless specifically specified otherwise.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

You know, considering the shape of his face, putting on the hood would completely block his eyesight.

e: also, in this "high-tech" world, they use wooden signposts :confused:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

...Ironwheel is a Ferris Wheel, right? I don't feel like going back and checking, not after mustering that defense.
Ironwheel is going to be a roller coaster, clearly! I mean, come on, this is Miranda we're talking about here.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Phummus posted:

This sounds like a challenge. So lets all list our top 5 things we think couldn't possibly happen in the story.
1) Railrunner loses. As ironwheel begins his assault on mankind, a new era of global war and turmoil begins. Country after country falls to his mary-sue-like power, until none remain to oppose him. None, that is, except a small band of rebels, led by a certain detective...

2) It turns out the true villain isn't Ironwheel after all. The historians of the Carnival had always wondered: ages ago, their society lived without the technology they take for granted today. No anti-grav (drink) coasters. Then, one day, according to the texts, all the coasters just... Appeared. And no one questioned it; who would, they seemed harmless enough. Little did they know...

3) Railrunner falls in love with a ride that isn't the same species as he.

4) Everything after the jail cell is all a delusion in Railrunner's mind; after getting netted by Detective black, he gradually began to lose energy. Without any rides or carnivals to recharge with, he became helpless and weak in his cell; his sanity slowly slipping away from him. None of the police offers know how to help, nor do they dare; Railrunners insane ramblings often made mention of slaughter and bloodshed. Once, he stared at detective Black, holding out a "hand", and suddenly broke into laughter, screaming "I did it, Thunderbark! I did it!" Right before his death, Railrunner regains a fragment of his sanity, and comes to realize this terrible reality...

(I gotta go to work so no fifth for now, sorry)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 4, 2013

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Aww, I was really hoping it would be a patchwork monstrosity of a bunch of different rides.

Also, why is it in a wooden boat? What is with the whole "high-tech society" deal, seriously.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

"He knows you are from another world.”

“Does he know which one?”
So there might be multiple, known alternate universes that connect to the small town of Huntsville in the Mirandaverse?

quote:

A searing inferno completely wiped out the first row of helpless men.
How could she write that

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

Just how friggin’ enormous was the shopping mall in Huntersville?
Considering Huntersville appears to border on inter-dimensional rifts, it could be a Tardis type deal; the mall is bigger on the inside!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Well, he's obviously going to get revealed as a red (ugh) in the arena anyway. Not that it'll have any consequence whatsoever ("omg! it's the red! everyone genuflect!")

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Railrunner’s been with Static for weeks (during his training at the Temple), and he still doesn’t know what Static eats.
It's not that Railrunner doesn't know what Static eats, it's that Mirana doesn't know what Static eats.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

One thing, how did they even know about this plan in the first place? It's not as if the Fallen would have just announced it to everyone
Well, actually, ironwheel announced the fact that the military would be entering the city far in advance; the city got hit hard by a depression, and a whole bunch of abandoned buildings gradually got taken over by criminals. The military is basically planning to re-take the city and massively rehaul city infrastructure.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
augh, the lines and crosshatching are so wonderful, why must they combine to form something so horrifying

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Sounds to me like Miranda was trying to use a synonym for "procured", and thought "Well, "concurred" is kinda similar, I don't even need to use the thesaraus!" Unless the sentence is about battle plans rather than battle supplies, in which case :iiam:.
well, perhaps:

quote:

During the last hour, I concurred with some of the basics [basic plans] we could use for our battle plan.
In which he literally vocalized "I concur!" during the discussions.

although it really does seem like he's supposed to be acquiring things. probably.

crime weed fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 10, 2013

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Les Miserables
"I did not attack the man" Fantine sighed

"Oh ok that makes sense," Javert laughed

Fantine then transformed into a roller coaster and gave birth

Enqueue scene "Javert's Suicide"

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Who wants to bet that Thunderbark ends up apologizing to Railrunner instead?
My bets are on a mutual apology, actually.

Except thunderbark will be the sorrier of the two.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Rollercoaster Claire vomits viscous purple healing goo.

Either that or there's a mcguffin that hasn't activated yet?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Why is the man on the right's arm so wrong

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Gosh, I can't tell if this airplane is meant to be female or not. If only Disney had put some boobs on it!
Sorry, but I'm imagining that plane with a sassy gay lisp :colbert:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

Figuring out the genders of roller coasters from images like that.
The perceived gender of an imaginary roller coaster species shouldn't even be important

Honestly, from everything I've gathered, it would make the most sense if they all had the same sexual physiology, if any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Is that a baby static? Why is it so tiny?

• Locked thread