Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

I will buy a free forum upgrade or avatar to the goon who can demonstrate that Rodney’s car was destroyed or otherwise lost during one of the earlier chapters, because I’ve re-read all of them and can’t find any evidence to such effect. Of course, that means that you will have to re-read the earlier chapters, but that’s the iron price you have to pay.

I interpreted it as being that because he'd left his car outside the bar, it had been towed away - for exceeding the permitted parking time, or for being an abandoned vehicle or similar... But I suppose that doesn't make sense - it was only a single night, and I would imagine that bars are used to people deciding to take a taxi/bus/walk home and collect their vehicles the next day.

Notice also that Rodney is/was a dumbass who was planning on drink-driving. Dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

Iced Cocoa posted:

I wonder what Thunderbark was really thinking. He "activated" his form knowing very well what would happen in the following night. But it wasn't until the day after that he gives him a warning to stay away from populated areas. But then again, it is very clear in the book that Miranda does not think things through at all.

And given the complicated and slightly confusing rules regarding being able to take control of your roller-coaster form after the first full-moon (have I got that right? Who knows ... or indeed cares?) if he had waited two days he could have saved the town from a huge mess, and Rodney from who knows what heart-break!

...and it's not like he was in a rush. This guy had applied for a job with you! You could at least have interviewed him and determined if he were likely to take the job, then given it to him and waiting for the night of the full-moon to 'activate' him... or invited him back for a second interview that date... or just tried to meet him on the street...

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

If the consensus is that posting it in the thread is creepy I'll edit out the post above.

I think posting something from the book is fine. After all, that is what this thread is about, and, to me at least, shows that we should not be outrageously harsh on her given that this was written by a 17 year old (for some reason I was thinking of it as the product of a lonely 30-something).

However, actually trying to track down anything else about Miranda is kinda creepy. I don't think it is the same person as this archer, but people shouldn't do anything further to find her.

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

Esroc posted:

I might be willing to field a few small questions if anyone's interested, depending on the subject matter.

Yeah - be very careful, it could get really creepy really fast.

I'm sorry to hear that Miranda looked lonely - it's one thing to make fun of someone who is happy, arrogant, and oblivious, but it's kinda sad if she's having a bad time of things in general.

Anyway - I have what I hope is a not-creepy question, given the line about Rodney's liking roller coasters despite never having been on one, has Miranda (to your knowledge) ever actually ridden a roller-coaster?

• Locked thread