Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

It rather bothers me that the roller coasters all have the same face. Literally, just take the trimmings off, and every single one of them is the same. Why aren't there different types of coasters, like those hangy-down ones, or a wooden one, so on and so forth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm so glad this thread exists. This thread fills that schadenfreude-shaped hole left in my life by the end of Dominic Deegan.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

:allears:

I adore you for this. I love Detective Black.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Oh, yeah, Rex, I don't want to seem like I'm jumping on you, since Oblivionlotsanumbers gave you some critique, but I want to point out a grammar thing. When a new person speaks, it should be a new paragraph. Like this:

"Wow, this so-called 'fanfiction' is way better than the original," I murmured to myself.
"What was that?" my roommate asked behind me, stopping on her trip to the kitchen to peek over my shoulder.
I looked up, a touch startled by the tiny girl, and replied, "Oh, I'm reading fanfiction of that stupid roller-coaster story. You know, the one I've been reading the thread about?"
"Okay," she said, stretching out the last syllable in a way that made me think that she doubted my sanity a little.

Otherwise, I'm really digging your story. I really like that you're sticking with the mechanical aspect of the coasters, what with the medicated oil and such.

Edit: I have a friend who writes in a similar cadence to Leek, and I just don't know how to tell him. It tears me up.

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 30, 2013

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I know I'm a bit late to the game on this, but here's my interpretation of Detective Black:

His nose has that bump in it from being broken so many times it didn't ever heal right.

He's very tired of this poo poo, as you can see.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I find it really, really hard to actually believe this was written by a lady. Is Miranda some sort of unisex name? I want it to be.

This fight makes me think of something I would have written in like 8th grade. Of course, my story wouldn't have loving roller coasters, but it's a moot point.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

No, no, I know the writer is female. I just don't believe it, if you understand. Like my mind can't wrap around a woman who could write female characters so badly.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

drat. I can't believe it's over.

And Railrunner didn't manage to be a real hero once in the whole thing.

If she was 17 when this was made, why did her parents let her publish it? Did they actually read it? Like, did these people not at least want to see what their daughter was putting out into the world?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

JWKS, that was too close to the real thing!

Also, the mouse heaven makes a lot more sense to me than ride heaven. But that might be because mice are... you know... alive. But I might just like the idea because I think rats are cute. (my roommate has two pet ones.)

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

That is the real thing. It's a compilation of every sigh in the entire book.

I guess I derped.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

You know, this makes a frightening amount of sense.

Only it doesn't when you realize her parents self-published this book for her.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I love (hate) how their extra legs are always curled up behind them. It's like she gets to them and is like "Aw, gently caress that." and gives up.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ugh. Of course she puts up a zbrush model of a loving "alien". It's really easy to get something decent out of zbrush when it has no basis in reality. I'd like to see a human head she made. You know, since she's gotten so much better at that. It's very hard for me to believe someone who is at least somewhat competent at art is still so bad at human anatomy. (From the rare picturesof humans she posts on the net.)

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Miranda, begin with animal anatomy. Or actual human anatomy.

Just drawing your character a "study" does not make! You are not learning anything from just drawing the same characters over and over again! If it were something real, perhaps I could understand, but it's not.

I'm getting mad over rollercoaster art!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The answer, Rahonavis, is suppression. Good old southern sexual supression.

• Locked thread