Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Verbal riposte" can be use as a flowery-as-gently caress version of "comeback", but that was hardly a comeback let alone a riposte.

And 80 'g's is what? Redrunner's beverage costs 6 gs, which seems to be some martini thing, served at a bar so that's what like ~30 bucks? so 80 would be ~400 dollars. Well that seems about right I guess. I haven't been to many unlicensed fighting tournaments in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Railrunner is The Hero, right? Because "drinking blood of your enemies" is generally a villainous quality.

Now see? He sounds like a villain. Control everything covered in black and darkness by casting a shadow over a battlefield. Clever and villainous. Very good qualities. We haven't even met the guy and he has already done something villainous.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

The reluctant and/or redeemable vampire is a common trope.

Yeah, except Railrunner is neither reluctant or redeemable. I mean he just killed a being and harvested its blood with no remorse or secondary thoughts.

I also meant to point out that I TOTALLY CALLED The Angu Ra to have other MacGuffin powers, and lo it was so. It can grant energy and deflect concussion beams! Maybe it has even more loving powers we don't know about.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Freud would have a field day with all these female characters grabbing poles of some sort :v:

Okay no really. You have a rebel force with medical equipment camping out inside a tomb. How big is that loving tomb? If it is so big, then how was lost? Were there aggressive dust cyclones in the area?

And really Miranda. Just explain all medical equipment with "nanomachines". I am loving serious. If you have no imagination, then having such a dismissive explanation of medical technology is totally acceptable.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cuntpunch posted:

Nanotorches
Nanostone
Nanoblades

Yep, that simple prefix basically helps fix the insane anachronisms.

:cripes:
It actually does. I mean it's still bad, but when you look at it in context of the source material, it's a definite improvement.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

In Ironwheel's defense, at least he's doing something villainous. I mean it's the most :effort: act of mass murder possible ("Let's kill everyone in the city!" "But...we...own...the city..." "DON'T CARE!") but something is finally loving happening.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What is this? Am I...getting...INVESTED...in the story?
My hat's off to you Bobbin. You can write a cunning, likable character and provide a creative world for him. How are you going to handle currency in this world?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

“That’s right, I am firing you.” I said snapping my wheels like I would fingers. My allies suddenly drew their swords and slammed them into the guards. The grey soldier stared at me in shock then back to the sword that stuck out of his belly.

“Unfortunately we have to do it in the most gruesome way possible.” "Cutbacks are a bitch, huh?" I smiled as he fell to the dirt ground dead.

Took me literally 5 seconds.

quote:

“Sorry, seems you didn't make the cut.” I smiled as he fell to the dirt ground dead.

quote:

“Budget cuts, you know how it is.” I smiled as he fell to the dirt ground dead.

Literally 10 seconds.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Humbert Humbert?

He eventually feels remorse for his actions. Judging from the sequel, Railrunner has no such revelations.

What did Thomas Covenant do?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 11, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It does go through the whole length of the coaster! That's horrifying.
Man oh man, they are really lucky that they are super special roller-coasters. Because that mother and child have an extremely high chance to have possibly-fatal complications occur during the process. I'm serious, at this point I would say a Caesarean would be a saner and less painful approach to this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Man, we are gonna LIBERATE the poo poo out of this town."
I can't wait for the climactic battle that will take place in the castle! After Railrunner cradles Thunderbark's corpse of course. Because he's the mentor, ya know?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ironwheel will kill Thunderbark. Thunderbark's death enrages Railrunner who will kill Ironwheel. He will still be angry and take it out on his comrades. Because of What He Is.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Having the villain shout "See you never!" and leap out of the building in the middle of what really ought to have been the final confrontation suddenly makes me think Luke should have shouted "gently caress off, shitlord!" before falling off the catwalk on Cloud City.

Agreed. The worst part is I can see Miranda thinking "man, I am SO clever!" while she's writing that line.

Ironwheel still seems cooler than Railrunner. I mean he was respectful to Railrunner before the fight began, and his harshest insult was "you're weak!"
I'm also kind of feeling bad for Static since he's the only one calling Big Red out on his bullshit and everyone, the author included, shits on him for it. He still thoughtlessly murdered policemen, but that's par for the course at this point.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Damnit Miranda it's not an emotional scene! There's no drama in saying "TBark is Murdercoaster's godfather"! Why do you think we honestly give a poo poo? I mean even your other characters who constantly stroke Railrunner's ego think it's a stupid revelation!

Can we get back to Ironwheel? At least I can sympathize with him. If all the other rides apparently loving love Railrunner maybe their demise is just and deserved.

gently caress.

gently caress.

It just hit me. The non-Fallen rides are the bad guys! The Fallen conquered them and let them live, and in return they wish to use their champion to kill them all! The headfiction required to support this is kinda screwy and incoherent, but I think we're WELL past the point of caring for such trifles.

Bobbin's work is top-notch. I am curious about what our good detective will do next.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Railrunner is basically Red John.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

You had to remind me of one whom I ran into some time ago. When the whole "anthro airplanes" came up on the "strangest things on DA" thread, I figured I could look into some of the more absurd drawings. I encountered someone's DA account. Saw that the artist claimed to have published seven books already and one of his/her drawings actually made it on board the ISS. I'm ashamed I found the artist again so quickly.

I looked at the preview of one of the books and it's totally bonkers.

Here is the rest of the author's books.

I should stop looking for the freaks as this brings no joy.

Yeah, he was one of those Bizzare Anthros people who didn't make it into my post. For obvious reasons.
I feel his ideas could work if they looked better. He seems to have skills with animation.
But he seems to take his anthropomorphic airplanes supr srsly and that doesn't do anyone any good. Some of them get really weird too.

Anyway, some better work from the "Forever Remember Us" dude:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

And unlike Railrunner, Ironwheel has tact about killing the man. Sure he ripped out and swallowed the man's throat, but he didn't go into some crazy bloodlust frenzy like Railrunner does.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know how the chaos space marines yell "I can feel the Warp overtaking me! It is a good pain!" and all that? I now know how that feels thanks to this book.

Here we go everybody! Strap yourselves in because we're gonna :sigh: our way to wanton slaughter and co-dependent domestic abuse!

Really though, they're not even going to ask Clare if she wants to become a roller coaster?
And OF COURSE Railrunner gets to choose what she wears what colour she will be. This is going to be a thing.

Dreggon posted:

ShadowtraaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk:

JWKS please refer to Shadowtrack as such when she makes her appearance. Maybe a few less gonks though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Miranda please stop. You're not clever and neither is the so-called hero of this story.

This is a stupid plan. Not the stupidest, I have absolute faith that Railrunner could think up of an even dumber plan, like marching into the police precinct to make a deal. I think everyone in this thread wouldn't put it past him.

Okay. So remind me again what the master plan is. We want to find Ironwheel who apparently has shapeshifting powers. We need Captain Vicks' help...why? He's after Clare and you, yes? Then let him come to you. Find a place, fortify it, then stay there. I suppose if you're a complete loving sociopath you can also put on Freakshow's corpse somewhere near it so that Ironwheel can be lured in. I can totally see Railrunner desecrating a corpse for such purposes.

quote:

My decision was to look for a pay phone so Captain Vick wouldn’t be able to trace my call.

Motherfucking :laffo:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NO NO NO NO NO

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS HORSESHIT.

Step aside Bobbin, I will use my (incredibly mediocre) writing skills to fix this.

~Fanfictions~ posted:

Agent Robert "Captain" Vicks arrived on the scene ahead of his colleagues. "This place is going to turn into a warzone!" he growled to himself.
Sliding his SUV to a stop, he ran to the back and opened his trunk, where a plethora of weapons greeted him. He put on a protective vest and Veronica, his trusty RPG.
"Maybe we can send him a proper greeting card this time around, huh Ronnie?" He said to his launcher as he put in a new round into the barrel. This one had "HAPPY TRAILS!" stenciled on it in rainbow-coloured letters. Vicks was very proud of the way it turned out.
He got up and began arming himself with other goodies from the back of his van. All of it was from his personal stash and about half of it was illegal, but his superiors turned a blind eye since their superiors wanted Blood Red Railrunner stopped at, quote unquote, "any cost".
Vicks could hardly blame them, having witnessed first-hand the destructive power of the roller-coaster. The images of all those men and all those tanks, gone in a second. All vaporized by that horrible, searing, blinding light. He could still see their faces, a mix of confusion and horror...
Vicks shook his head. 'Blood Red Railrunner, the Rollercoaster of Destruction'. How absurd. What the gently caress happened to this town?
"Captain! The men are set sir!"
Miles Stewart, a sub-ordinate of his, shook him from his thoughts.
"Good. Prepare yourself. This bastard is dangerous. He killed many good soldiers and friends. Make the bastard pay!" Vicks growled.
"Sir!" The man nodded and returned to his fellow agents. Vicks noted a the MGL the man was carrying. How did they even get to this point? In just 4 short months he went from an FBI agent (with an admitted penchant for gun-slinging) to a vengeful soldier. It's like the entire world went mad, like it wanted a re-enactment of Black Rock.
"Well that's fine. The Captain is ready for that." he thought bitterly.
There was a sudden clunk and portion of Mystic Park's lights turned on.
"He's here. Spread out and find him. Ensure you all have enough AC, AP and shock rounds! If you run out, run away! There is no second chances here!" Vicks commanded.
There was a general chorus of shouts.
"Now c'mon! We'll fly this bastard to the moon, even if we have to bring down this whole loving park!" and with that, Vicks ran into the lit up area, ready to sic Veronica on whatever moved.
He noticed a severed arm nearby, the blood still dripping from where it was attached to the rest of the body. Blood Red claimed yet another victim.
"I thought you would come alone" said a voice that chilled Vicks to his core. "This wasn't part of the agreement."
"I lied." answered Vicks, desperately trying to locate the source of the voice. Despite his immense size, Railrunner proved to be good at stealth, even in a well-lit area like this one.
"Why do you have all those weapons? You know that human weapons are useless, right?" the voice sneered "I have your answer here. Just help me and I will never bother you humans again."
"No deal. You will pay for your crimes. Here and now."
"You still hate me! Still hate me for what I am! You still persecute me because I'm different!" the voice whined. Vicks never understood these out-of-place temper-tantrums, nor did he want to. This...thing...was a psychopath that needed to die.
"NO! I hate you for killing Morgan! I hate you for killing Steven! They all had families! Did you ever consider that while you butchered them!?" Vicks roared.
"Why should I care about a few human lives?" The voice sounded genuinely puzzled, which only angered Vicks even more.
Just then, an anti-material rifle shot ran out. There was a sound of a dull clang and a howl of pain. Vicks focused on the direction of the noise.
"What the gently caress!?" The voice roared
"Anti-Coaster rounds. Made from the same material the Paranaturals used to capture you! We don't need your weapon, we have our own!" Vicks aimed Veronica at the approximate direction of the voice.
"Don't underestimate humanity!" And with that, he fired the round. There as an enormous explosion, and a scream of pain. Vicks didn't stop. He flicked his left arm and made a second RPG round appear from within his sleeve. He ducked behind a nearby fast food stand and began to reload Veronica.
There was a roar and a stream of fire blew across from where he was standing. Vicks fumbled his vest and found a mirror. He used to it glance around the corner, and saw the dreaded rollercoaster.
"So Captain, you like to play with fire!? Well I do too! Let's play!" Railrunner lifted two of its arms and began to form an enormous fireball.
There was another anti-material rifle shot, but this one didn't even faze the beast. Railrunner slammed the orb into the ground, making Vicks scrurry away as the stand he was using for cover was obliterated instantly.
"At last this is interesting. You humans made me so angry, but you were so boring to kill!"
"Before I was working with the school choir," Vicks retorted. "But now I got the whole orchestra out! C'mon Veronica! Sing the Volga to him!"
Vicks lined up his shot and let it fly. The missile accurately flew between two stands and through a hole in a ruined one. It met its mark, causing a howl of pain from the demon.
"This isn't over you gently caress!" Railrunner smashed through a nearby stand.
"I sure hope not" said Vicks as he drew a grenade launcher from his belt.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 27, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Being a focus of poetry and romance, I've heard a lot of different metaphors, similes, and analogies regarding the moon. "Vibrant orb" is a new one.

You'd think she'd use it to refer to the sun.

And I think the art has broken me, because when I saw Clare sitting on Railrunner I thought "hey, she actually looks okay in this one" :suicide:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can only imagine she helps Railrunner because she's stoned out of her loving mind. I mean that's the only reason I can think why she and her friends would offer asylum to a mass murderer.
And can you say "self-insert Mary Sue"? I sure can!

quote:

To the human eye, Railrunner is seen as a monster. Being a living roller coaster - he's worth money in pockets. In one case he is captured by a mysterious man and his team of bounty hunters that are a part of a secret government organization. He is drugged heavily, chained to a steel platform, and starved- all the while the group experiments. A week after he is originally captured, Railrunner awakes in a steel warehouse, unable to move, his bones visible, barely able to speak, and feeling horrible. He silently pleas for mercy, crying from any needle they force past him, injecting a serum that is intended to restrain - feeling like fire through his veins - and he's too weak to fight back.

Seriously Miranda. Am I supposed to be feeling bad for him? These people are treating him exactly as he should be treated. Like an otherwordly mass-murdering monster. I mean okay, the starving thing is a bit over-the-top but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.
These guys managed to capture Railrunner, and use needles that penetrate his healing factor and plot armor. They are cool and very competent, other than the obligatory "Accidentally letting the monster escape to meet the girl who nurses him back to health" bullshit. Why should I hate them?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Eh, I still wouldn't hold it against Ironwheel. Teenagers who steal people's canes for shits and giggles deserve what's coming to them.
And man, Miranda really likes this loving trope. How many times has a criminal tried to mug a being more powerful than themselves so far?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was hosed up. That was some seriously hosed up poo poo. He never once mentioned this idea to Clare. He was totally willing to let her die so that she can become a roller-coaster.

And of course we get some roller-coaster master race bullshit from Railrunner. Goddamn this book. This horrible, loving book.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rahonavis posted:

This is just the very worst aspect of it but you know what, guys? We did it. We finally found a fictional relationship that is more deeply hosed up in every conceivable way than anything that happens in the entire Twilight series. (And no, I am not forgetting the bit where the werewolf was in love with the protagonist because he was really precognitively in love with her potential unborn children or something.)

I was just about to say that I can't even use that dumb "still a better love story than Twilight hurrhurr" joke because it's not.
I was at first fascinated, then I was annoyed, then frustrated, but now I'm just ashamed. Ashamed I know this book. Ashamed that I was the one who found that horrible drawing. Ashamed for Miranda because it depicts an absolutely horrible romance as positive and wonderful thing, where one person can non-consensually decide to permanently alter his partner's life.
I am going to go and watch the next part of the LP by youreviltwin of the 2009 Wulfenstein game. It is about using magic powers and guns to kill Nazis, and it still has a more positive and heartwarming message than this horrible loving book.
Or maybe I'll get off my rear end and work on my LP where I describe the attacks of a giant space dragon made out of radio wave interference. This monster manages to be both cooler AND less dumb than Miranda's horrible, smug, psychopathic murdercoasters.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 1, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress I hate Railrunner. Especially when he tries to verbally spar with someone.
Ironwheel is awesome, channeling Liquid's "BRRRROOOOOOOOOOTTTTHHHHHEEEEERRRRRRR!!!" speech.
And is it just me or was the who Ferris Wheel thing completely pointless? Railrunner just created a Fallen for no reason.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

attackbunny posted:

ETA: Oh, new page. Here is a drawing of Railrunner eating a giant penis to make you all objectively better people and spare you the torments of perdition.

You're too kind. What kind of afterlife reward does one get for seeing a roller coaster give birth and for seeing pictures of Shadowtrack?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

In my draft of the next section of Vicks' fight, I had one of his subordinates set up a trap of anti-coaster claymore mines. They detonate and mortally wound Railrunner. While he is lying there, the Augu Ra lets out a blinding light, healing his minor wounds and cauterizing his major ones.

I deleted it because what followed before and after that part was badly written.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like Static. "He's dying...DIBS ON HIS poo poo!" I mean yeah he was trying to help Railrunner, but come on. We all know the truth.
And that Deus ex Machina. Wow.

No you know what, that's not good enough! Miranda what the gently caress, you disappoint me.

quote:

And as the liquid splashed down my throat, I was surging with power. My eyes glowed blue and I release my pent up energy. The wave washed over the the land, instantly killing Ironwheel. It transformed every person into a ride. Then suddenly it hit the ocean. It destroyed all the pollution in the ocean. It hit the sky and instantly fixed the ozone layer! It restored the dodo and gave it flight. It then made the worlds combine together into one, becoming a true paradise for all rides.
I suddenly knew how to solve complex 4-dimensional calculus and how to cure cancer. The potion gave me a laboratory, a castle and a coaster-sized Lamborghini. I got my scientists working on a space ship to colonize other planets which were terraformed to be livable by the power of the potion. I didn't need any spaceships because the potion let me fly freely without ever needing to breath. Also it made Shadowtrack preg-NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Letting us start a new Adam and Eve story on another planet.

YEAH.

loving WHAT MIRANDA?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

“You know, when I very first transformed into the creature that I am, I found out that I could smell fear. Ironwheel, you seem to have a great deal of it lingering from you.” I said calmly. “This is kind of like a student being punished by the principal. However it is not principal with the “pal” it should be the one spelled p-r-i-n-c-p-l-e. So, it is where the “student” is being punished by the principle of justice.”

...I hate her.

I actually hate Miranda right now. Like I don't know who she is, I don't know what kind of person she is, I don't know what she did with her life and I don't know what happened to her but I hate her. I hate this...thing. It's not a loving verbal beatdown it's a Horatio Caine quote without The Who chiming in. And you can tell she was proud of this. This was the climax! This was where everything that happened in this book so far starts to get resolved. And this is what she came up with.
I know Michael Bulgakov wrote that manuscripts never burn, but some of them really, really loving should.

Still no sigh from Ironwheel, how about that?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

“You know, when I very first transformed into the creature that I am, I found out that I could smell fear. Ironwheel, you seem to have a great deal of it lingering from you.” I said calmly. “This is kind of like a student being punished by the principal. However it is not principal with the “pal” it should be the one spelled p-r-i-n-c-p-l-e. So, it is where the “student” is being punished by the principle of justice.”

This needs to be reposted on every page. Read it. Embrace it.

Let your mind grok the awfulness in its entirety.

That mouse story is pretty good. Reminds me of Skyhigh (the manga, not the dumb Disney film) which is awesome and should be read by everyone.
I never did figure it out, what was up with all the loving animal cruelty?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Put your username inside the book. The next goon who gets it, will read it and sign their name in there. You guys can then meet up and share war stories.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Miranda Leek posted:

Twisted roller coasters are the coasters of Amusement Park Between, a place where rides go once they are put into storage or destroyed and where no humans are allowed. Roller coasters, like in the real world, are top dogs in Amusement Park Between, and for good reason. They are smart, fast, and extremely vicious when it comes to fighting. However, they are actually very civil and wise when it comes to other matters like daily life.
Other traits include the gift of speech, manipulating the elements, and the ability to shape-shift into a human being when making a trip to the real world. Now, roller coasters very rarely make an alliance with a human, mostly because we see them as monsters and shoot first and ask questions later.

Ever more rare is when the KING of both the roller coasters and Amusement Park Between makes a bondage [the gently caress?] with a human. Here, we see that King Railrunner has befriended a young woman due to her sheltering him and keeping his true form under wraps. These people are known as "Coaster Tamers" because of twisted roller coasters loyalty to that person.

It is a good thing to have one around; if you are in any sort of trouble or need help performing a task the coaster will always lend their assistance. Another is a wild ride among the rails on a coaster that is capable of performing any sort of acrobatic, but don't straight up ask for a ride simply because you need something to do, a twisted will just think you are just using them for selfish reasons. You just have to wait for one to ask you. Also, no not EVER go looking for one to be your friend. You never know if it is good or evil, a roller coaster can kill you easily.

Remember, know your place.

I think this goes along with that picture of the girl and Railrunner. I still like those "horrible" roller coaster hunters more. They seem like badasses who hunt dangerous monsters for sport. Dangerous monsters who bend the elements, possess incredible speed, strength, agility and nigh-impervious skin.

Would you like me to put the descriptions for Angeltrack's pregnancy complications?
Fair warning: :shepicide: :gonk: :nms: within.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 9, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Wait, what pregnancy complications? All I can remember is that the delivery took forty hours. Did I erase something from my memory?

Probably.

:nms: :nms: :nms:

During a good portion of Angeltrack's pregnancy, she was ill - her body not meant to carry a baby and it had to adapt.
During the first two months, Angeltrack suffered from extreme morning sickness. Anything seemed to make her queasy. From succulent foods like fresh fish and other dishes to the smells of fragrance and the scents of freshly cooked meals.
This was a difficult time for Angeltrack. Trips to the washroom and kitchen sink were very frequent. This worried Thunderbark greatly as he observed the fact that Angeltrack couldn't keep anything down and was losing weight rapidly. It made her more ill than before- unable to eat, Angeltrack was very weak.
So much that she couldn't make it to her washroom to empty her stomach, and in one case she got sick all over Thunderbark himself. The white coaster worked his hardest to aid her. He fed her the only thing she was able to keep down, bland and tasteless crackers,constantly when she was awake and held the buckets for her every time she needed to vomit. [Oh what the gently caress Miranda!?] Though it pained him to see her miserable, Thunderbark always kept positive; rubbing her back gently and expressing that things were okay, and she would be fine. Things were going to get better.

:nms: :nms: :nms:

Bonus:

quote:

Time passes by and Angeltrack finally begins to love her unborn baby instead of hating it.

This is the worst loving book :froggonk:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well I have no good sense of what to do with my money, so I'm wondering if I should buy Miranda a :10bux: account. I recommend someone other than me send it to her, since I am terrible in explaining how SA works and how "we decreed that a punishment for a lovely text adventure would be your book"
...Incidentally...
Heroes Rise? Still a better story than Twisted.

And Bobbin, I notice you don't have plat. Post your email and I'll upgrade it or send you a :10bux: certificate. Least I can do for the cool story you're writing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Thanks, mate. The email attached to this account is [redacted]. I suppose I should get back to writing that thing now that I've finished up work on my actual novel (but don't get too excited; there are still a few steps such as "showing it to another human being" between now and publishing it).

Done. Enjoy :)

I wasn't kidding when I called what I've been doing here "practice," by the way. I can honestly say that my participation in this thread has transferred some real improvements to the novel I intend to sell.

You hear it here folks. Miranda Leek's novel will make you a better writer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

~Fanfictions~ posted:

Vicks ran towards Mystic Park's main plaza. The plan was simple: get his men into position after finding Railrunner, lure him into an open area and then unleash everything they got.
"If I wasn't fighting a complete moron, luring him into such an obvious trap might've been hard." He smirked. Finally, he saw the fence separating the maze of stalls with the main plaza. The plaza was covered in white bricks which spiraled towards a fountain in the center.
"All teams in position?" He barked into his earpiece.
"Yes sir. We just finished. Get him in front of the statue, we'll be able to get him from every angle" came Elly's voice. Elly was the team's sniper. Extremely accurate and proficient, Elly handled her AM rifle like a true pro.
"Just be careful not to be there yourself. I wired the place with camouflaged explosives," said Smith, the bomb expert. "You might want to make a straight dash to the other end of the plaza, the amount of Semtex is...larger than what I usually use."
"Noted." Vicks leaped over the fence, backflipped and used his free hand to toss three grenades into the stall maze.
"I have also laid out the directional Hedgehog mines to the north and south of the area. Try to stay in cover, because those flechettes have quite the range" continued Smith, the man was calm and unfettered as usual.
"The Geneva Convention would poo poo bricks if they saw your 'Hogs, Smith" came Max' reply.
"I imagine they would have a lot of issues with many of our outings" Vicks could almost see Smith shrugging as he heard his voice.
Vicks resisted the urge to stop running at this comment. Memories of Black Rock swam up from within his subconscious. He shook them away.
"This isn't Black Rock, Smith" came Sophie's voice, as though she were reading his mind.
"It's close enough." replied Andy.
Vicks finally made it to the angel statue. The other side of the park had a large building with many stores and a small food court. He would have to shoot out a window and leap inside for cover. But first, he needed Railrunner to be here. It was the one chance he had to bring him own.
A roar broke up the team's conversation. Railrunner came out of the dust kicked up by Vicks' grenades. He effortlessly swatted aside the metal fence and stepped into the plaza.
Under the moonlight, Vicks saw the full extent of his wounds. The coaster was missing two limbs on his right side, a bloody chunk remained where they previously were. Numerous scrapes lined his body, though many were beginning to heal up due to Railrunner's regeneration. The AM bullet holes still remained, apparently taking longer to heal due to Elly's direct shots.
"How? How are you able to hurt me?" roared Railrunner.
"I took your idea." shouted Vicks in response. He leaned on Veronica as he spoke. "I used bullets and shrapnel made from roller coaster metal. Additionally, the paranormal division upgraded my team's equipment with Anti-Coaster rounds. They made them from the same alloy we used in that net to capture you."
"You think you're so smart. You don't realize what a damned man you truly are. Let me help you, Vicks. You may be an evil son of a bitch, but we can help each other."
Vicks breathed in the night air. He hated to admit, but he felt exhilarated. He was finally back on the field of battle. This is what it felt like. Life on the edge. Bullets and explosions everywhere. He couldn't help but feel truly alive in these moments. A desk job could never compare to this feeling.
He could feel it coming back to him. That feeling of bloodlust he hoped he locked away through therapy and discipline.
"Hey Rodney" Vicks picked up Veronica.
"It's Railrun-"
"Shut up." He looked directly at the beast. Then he smiled "This is a fight to the death. We're warriors on a battlefield. Start acting like one."
"Hah, alright. If that's what you want, fucktard" Railrunner straightened up.
"Good." Vicks put Veronica on his shoulder. "Try to catch up."
He then bolted to the building. Railrunner stood agape.
"You...You loving coward! What was that crap about warriors!?" He recovered and began to chase Vicks once more.
Vicks was halfway to his goal when the earpiece came to life
"You won't have enough time" said Smith.
"Detonate it!" commanded Vicks
"But-"
"Do it!"
Smith gave a sigh.
"I recommend you jump, Captain"
Vicks leaped into the air and took out a pistol from his holster. He deftly shot out a window from the building in front of him, and then braced himself.
There was a loud explosion, and he felt the heat as it propelled him through the broken window and into the office beyond.

---

"Captain! Are you alright? Captain respond!" a plethora of voices rang in Vicks' ear. He shook his head, and wiped some dust from his face.
"I'm fine" He replied, which caused various sounds of elation to deafen his ear once more.
"What about...him?"
"Unknown. We're still waiting for the dust to clear."
Vicks came up to a blown out window and looked out, while using a nearby wall for cover.
A huge dust cloud hung in the center of the plaza.
"I can see something" said Sophie.
Vicks stared as the dust started to clear. Railrunner was lying in a crater, half of his body blown off in the explosion. The constantly-regenerating blood from his stump was well on its way to filling up the crater.
"Good kill?"
Vicks stared. He felt it. It wasn't over. Not by a longshot.
"No. He's still alive!"
"What?"
Railrunner's eyes suddenly opened up. And with that, an enormous white light came from the area. The sudden flash blinded Vicks, causing him to slink behind a wall and rub his eyes.
"Damnit! Status report!"
"It's up! He's...he's healing himself!"
Vicks covered his eyes, and looked outside. Railrunner was standing upright, half of his body still gone, but the bloody stump had cauterized itself. His eyes were completely white. The glow seemed to come from his necklace, which bathed the monster in white tendrils.
"OPEN FIRE" yelled Vicks "Send him to the loving moon!"
A caucophany of gunfire and explosions came from outside the building.
As he reloaded Veronica, Vicks felt himself grinning once more.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 9, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know what's funny? If Railrunner didn't have that bullshit magic potion, he would have been another notch on Ironwheel's belt. The dude is badass enough to take down Mary Sue coasters time and time again.

quote:

He is truly a monster indeed, feeding on suffering - and sometimes his servants if he feels like it. Ironwheel is a large, black roller coaster whose face is painted to resemble his skull and his metal and leather is torn and scarred from past encounters with reds, who unfortunately lost their match with the leader of the Fallen race. Bloodthirsty is perhaps the best definition to describe him. He vile, ferocious, and will seek to kill anyone or anything that disagrees or goes against him. Ironwheel is one formidable opponent indeed.

:irony:

There is no loving :ironicat: big enough for this book.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Why is Railrunner wearing an Organization XIII jumpsuit from Kingdom Hearts?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I have created this handy guide to lovely art!

Thunderbark looks like he's falling backwards into a pit. Man this perspective sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What annoys me about her art is that even when they get wounded, they look mildly inconvenienced instead of, oh I dunno, in loving pain!

I mean that expression is what you have after you are tired, or if you have a mild hangover. NOT when you have grievous injuries or are otherwise in mortal peril!

• Locked thread