Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
He read the first chapter of the book and then threw it away, saying "this book is just too insane.

And that man was Abdul Alhazred.

"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
Does Clare have a full name? I might have missed it in one of the updates.

Both Rodney and the narrator call her Clare, but in the last chapter the FBI "captain" calls her miss Clare.

So is her name Clare Clare? Does everyone call her by her last name?
Or is she such an empty shell of a character that Miranda Leek didn't bother giving her a last name?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Iced Cocoa posted:

What would a blurb be for Twisted! ?

"Imaginative in a unique way." -Newsweek

"Unbelievably special." -The Detroit News

"A brilliantly surrealistic and outrageous portrait of the inner workings of the mind of a band of amoral, unbalanced, and psychopathic beings endowed with near infinite power." -The Toronto Star

"Why is this?" -Publishers Weekly

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
Is... is that roller coaster wearing fishnets?

Is this a drawing of the interior of a roller coaster burlesque house?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
You basically got most of what's wrong with Merrylegs.

1. The Skull is less cone-shaped then a horse's skull, and the slope at the top of the nose is not steep enough.

2. The nostrils are too big, and her eyes are pointing forward instead of to the side.

3. The ears are pointing back instead of forward or to the side, but that might just be Leek trying to convey fast movement.

4. The shoulders are not big enough compared to the forearms, and the knees look painfully swollen.

I don't know why she wouldn't use a photo reference for this, it's not like image reference for horses is hard to come by. I mean she did a semi-alright job on the human, aside from the placement of the features on the head and the spaghetti hair.

e: 5. Another thing I just noticed is that the arms don't connect properly to the torso.

Antlerhill fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 15, 2013

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Iced Cocoa posted:

The Deadly Ride

I tried my hand at a cover.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Is that a toilet plunger?

It's the base of my desk lamp. I didn't realize it looked like a plunger while I was painting it but now that you mention it it really does look like a plunger.

Antlerhill fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 27, 2013

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

"Everything that is or ever was a part of any amusement park, theme park, carnival, circus, or world, state, or county fair has a place here."

I so hope this includes Triremes from the roman Coliseum, and dragons from the Chinese circus (or would it be just dragon skins in this case?)

Also well done on making the "Park Beyond" imaginative.

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
I was reading another book today, and when I came upon the word "sigh" I was reminded of this travesty of a book and had to put it down and take a break. The writing in Twisted is so bad that it ruins the good writing in other books. It has practically murdered an English word for me.

quote:

About the Author and the Illustrator posted:

...could be read over and over.

Prometheus got off with a slap on the wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
Seriously, looking at that image I can totally picture him, anthro-rollercoaster aside, in some trailer park in Tennessee.

I usually don't agree with people who try to pseudo-psychology an authour based on his/her writings, but I'm getting the awful feeling that Railrunner's characterization is modeled after Miranda's own father, or at least someone she knows and admires. Hopefully I'm not right about that.

e:I'm not implying Miranda Leek grew up in a trailer park.

• Locked thread