Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Iced Cocoa posted:

And it looks like compiling all the text from the ~*~Fanfic~*~ cracked my brain. I had my first Twisted! dream. I dreamt that I was visiting HorriblePencilist, and he had every published work of Miranda. All about Twisted! Some old comic/novel combo (where Railrunner befriends african-american bumper car and there are horrible racist undertones), and the first manuscript of Vertigo. I think there were 4-6 hardcovers in that collection of his, all first editions.

That wasn't a dream, that was a prophetic vision, you just haven't accepted it yet. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

Humbert Humbert?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The Book Barn > Where I Read: Miranda Leek's "Twisted": Well, at least the main protagonist isn't a pedophile

e: ^ Why the god-forsaken gently caress does Miranda have to go into such detail? :psyboom:

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 11, 2013

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

Holy art style change batman, this doesn't look nearly as bad, it's as if more thought went into it. I think this is what makes me most annoyed - the premise is kind of goofy but it could work. If only all the rules for her world weren't inherently contradictory, if only all her characters weren't scummy assholes who we want to see die, if only if only if only, we could have a respectable story on our hands.

If only "Twisted" stopped being "Twisted" and Miranda stopped being Miranda.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Mercedes posted:

I think I would find being water boarded a better time than reading this poo poo.

It's basically the real world equivalent of Vogon poetry.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

This book makes me sigh. :downsrim:

e: The fanfics retcons are incredibly good. :stare: Great work everyone.

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 3, 2013

• Locked thread