Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«270 »
ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

What does this mean for the Nickelodeon deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Double Trouble

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What does this mean for the Nickelodeon deal?

Saban already extended the contract to 2020 IIRC. Could Hasbro negotiate with Nickelodeon directly and change it?

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

Resistance is futile, Tim

Are they not inheriting production staff/equipment? I thought part of the whole thing was they wanted to break into live action tv and were going to piggyback off Saban's infrastructure

Burkion
May 10, 2012

Changeman! And Not A Moment Too Soon!

What I'm curious about is what happens to Saban's other properties they were holding

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

drat this helmet hit TJ took in the Darkliptor episode might be the most brutal hit I've seen in the show.

Also, it's unfortunate they had the black man with amnesia suddenly have his memories come flooding back the second he dribbled a basketball!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Also, it's unfortunate they had the black man with amnesia suddenly have his memories come flooding back the second he dribbled a basketball!

“Astronoma Thinks Twice” is one of the best episodes ever written, and has TJ trying to resist Andros’s pressure to wear these chain gang shackles.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

What I'm curious about is what happens to Saban's other properties they were holding

well, we know they haven't controlled digimon for a few years at least.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Are they not inheriting production staff/equipment? I thought part of the whole thing was they wanted to break into live action tv and were going to piggyback off Saban's infrastructure

The writers, production people etc are, organizationally, part of a company registered in New Zealand.

This intent letter for massive layoffs only affects headquarters in Los Angeles.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Someone call the Chancellery Guard. Commander Maxil's out of uniform. AGAIN.

Craptacular! posted:

“Astronoma Thinks Twice” is one of the best episodes ever written, and has TJ trying to resist Andros’s pressure to wear these chain gang shackles.

wait what

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

Karone has a plan to pretend she's captured the rangers to get Zordon's location and Andros is super psyched to go along with it because he's excited to have his sister back. TJ doesn't trust Astronema or the plan but Andros pressures him to go along with it

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The whole episode is whether or not Karone can be trusted. She's said she's decided to change sides, and will lead the rangers to Zordon's prison. The first step though is for her to put on her Astronema duds and contact Dark Specter with the news that she's defeated the rangers.

That briefly means the rangers lined up in chain shackles while Karone gives you "ALL FOR YOU MY MASTER" speech, and then when Dark Specter hangs up they take them off and begin piloting like normal. The rest of the episode is bizarre by Power Rangers standards, since the rangers are definitely underdogs in the heart of enemy territory, Karone's allegiances look questionable, and everyone is double crossing and turning on each other (Karone turns on Dark Specter, Darkonda tries to use the situation to get in Dark Specter's favor, Ecliptor is torn between the mission and his adopted daughter, etc) so the whole rest of the episode is just twists and villains backstabbing each other.

But there's about 45 seconds of Andros going "cmon man put on the chain gang shackles it's just for show" while TJ grimaces, which obviously looks weirder to a more educated audience than the kids it was intended for. And the real reason for this is because the other thread of that episode is PRiS's best plot point: an emotionally compromised red ranger, with TJ always on the edge of leading a mutiny and taking back leadership.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at May 25, 2018 around 20:47

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Someone call the Chancellery Guard. Commander Maxil's out of uniform. AGAIN.

ah

"dude i know you're from space and basically clueless but COME ON"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

You know what's fuckin weird?

The space colony just like, exists, and is known to the world. It's not like an offshoot of humanity taken there by ancient aliens or something. Humans from Earth colonized KO-35. My evidence: in True Blue to the Rescue with Justin or whatever, they introduce him to Andros and say "This is Andros he's from the space colony."(emphasis mine). Not "he's from a space colony. No, he's from the space colony. Justin is like "Oh, cool!"

«270 »