Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well now you've piqued my curiosity. Details?

Awful, awful dialogue. Terrible ADR. Leftover Alata goofiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I didn't see the episode, but the clips on Youtube do not paint a pretty picture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRDh9CNlPGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbBcFZ_jq0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wKN8oxPeDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3W5kSgJyrQ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I did not think it was possible for it to be worse than Goseiger.

It somehow manages to do so.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Good god, all I got out of that was "Power of Friendship, gently caress yeah!" I don't recall the earlier seasons being so preachy about friendship, just teamwork.

Still, is it worse than Turbo? I recall that getting pretty cringeworthy at times, and I only watched that a few months ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would rather watch Turbo than any show post-SPD (excluding RPM).

This is still better than Samurai, I guess...?

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
The cast is better than Samurai by far. The only person that's been terrible is that Austin St. John imitation from Season 2 Troy.

The pacing is bad though. Gosei's been reduced to nothing more than "Oh, by the way, here's some Zords." Even the comic relief has had more airtime. The villains are also pretty generic and brooding.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The good part is gonna be after the legend war away.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm actually really excited to see what the American adaptation of the Great Legend War is. Anyone notice that in Troy's dream in Episode 4, you could clearly see the Red Dairanger? I wonder if they're gonna incorporate some previously-Japanese-only Sentai into the american Great Legend War, or if it was just a mistake.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Very likely a mistake, there was sporadic leaving in of teams in a bunch of shots and it looks more like editing errors than anything planned. The Dairangers didn't really get a focus episode in Gokaiger if I remember correctly so its not even like they have much of the footage left to use. Add in the fact that they'll probably only have 26 episodes to do the whole show and I'd count out expecting any new teams to be added.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Episode 33 of Gokaiger was a Dairanger tribute. The red Dairanger was the appearing legend, and it was the one where the monster eats Gai's morpher and he has a crisis about how he's useless because he can't transform.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cliff Racer posted:

The Dairangers didn't really get a focus episode in Gokaiger if I remember correctly so its not even like they have much of the footage left to use.
You don't, they did get a tribute. Every series after but not including Zyuranger did (if you count the team-up movie as a Goseiger tribute), and so did Liveman and Jetman. J.A.K.Q. also got an episode that was all but a tribute.

Also FivePink is in the first Legend War dream sequence for a split second, because Saban cheaped out and didn't loving get new footage like the hype said they would, further confirming the current iteration of Power Rangers as a cheap knockoff of the respective Super Sentai season, with no distinctive identity. Just Americanized Super Sentai, that's it.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 3, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ahh but there you are loving up, Zyuranger did get a tribute episode right at the end, but the only tribute part was Goshi showing up for a second to save some random civilians. A lot of the series seemed to get ones like that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cliff Racer posted:

Ahh but there you are loving up, Zyuranger did get a tribute episode right at the end, but the only tribute part was Goshi showing up for a second to save some random civilians. A lot of the series seemed to get ones like that.

I think someone realized "oh crap, we never did one for Zyuranger...see who we can get on the phone to come in to film for an hour or two".

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cliff Racer posted:

A tribute episode requires a full team Gokai Change, which didn't happen in that episode.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You don't, they did get a tribute. Every series after but not including Zyuranger did (if you count the team-up movie as a Goseiger tribute), and so did Liveman and Jetman. J.A.K.Q. also got an episode that was all but a tribute.

Also FivePink is in the first Legend War dream sequence for a split second, because Saban cheaped out and didn't loving get new footage like the hype said they would, further confirming the current iteration of Power Rangers as a cheap knockoff of the respective Super Sentai season, with no distinctive identity. Just Americanized Super Sentai, that's it.

I could've sworn we got at least a couple seconds of new footage when he had the dream in ep 1. I remember somebody on some forums saying that. Guess we'll wait and see.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A tribute episode requires a full team Gokai Change, which didn't happen in that episode.

Says who? I've seen that ep listed as Zyuranger by multiple people and, going by your standards the Battle Fever episode counts (Battle Kenya shows up at the very end and never meets the Zyurangers) but Zyuranger doesn't because they did a group change. Thats a foolish way to divide the episodes.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

jivjov posted:

Also, related to Hulu, I just noticed that on their big banner image on the Megaforce page, you can see Gosei Knight reflected in Red's visor. I guess they're really not trying to keep it a secret (from new american watchers) what the 6th member looks like

Gosei Knight appears very obviously in the legend war scene in episode 1. If that isn't a give away to new viewers then I don't know what is.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That and aren't the toys already out? Not being a regular toy shop visitor I can't say but apparently they are introducing him real soon so its not like they have time to build up anticipation.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
There are definitely Gosei Knight toys in stores already. I can't find the MMPR morpher anywhere though. :negative:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

mikeycp posted:

There are definitely Gosei Knight toys in stores already. I can't find the MMPR morpher anywhere though. :negative:

That's because they were a limited run TRU exclusive during the month of February. You can pre-order them on the website for when they come out in May.

Right now, I'm debating whether I want to get a Legacy Megazord or not since I have an MMPR Megazord already.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpazmasterX posted:

Right now, I'm debating whether I want to get a Legacy Megazord or not since I have an MMPR Megazord already.

I got the one from the HD season reissue, isn't that pretty much the same thing as the forthcoming one but with different paint apps?

Also goddammit I really want that morpher but I already overpaid for that Masterpiece Prime that was theoretically on shelves back in December :smith:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

404GoonNotFound posted:

I got the one from the HD season reissue, isn't that pretty much the same thing as the forthcoming one but with different paint apps?

No, it's the same mold but it's chock full of diecast now.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

SpazmasterX posted:

You can pre-order them on the website for when they come out in May.

The TRU website?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mikeycp posted:

The TRU website?

Yup. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18968306&prodFindSrc=search

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Fuckers upped the price by 10 dollars :argh:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

404GoonNotFound posted:

Fuckers upped the price by 10 dollars :argh:

Its a cool looking Morpher, but its not $60 worth of cool, I would've gotten it at $40 but that seems like too much.

I'll save my money for the MMPR SH Figuarts coming out later this year.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Wow, I did not expect Akibaranger to go all Life on Mars on my rear end.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

J33uk posted:

Wow, I did not expect Akibaranger to go all Life on Mars on my rear end.

Yeah, Akibaranger is just glorious. I kinda want to rewatch it again.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I definitely need to do an Akibaranger rewatch... one month until Season Two!!! :woop:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Alright, that scene of people around the world being affected by the music was amazing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Alright, that scene of people around the world being affected by the music was amazing.
...what kind of amazing?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Aw they didn't copy it.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

...what kind of amazing?

It was a bunch of cuts to people reacting to bad rock music being broadcasted around the world, but the people reacting to it were examples like African kids standing outside huts, people wearing turbans by pyramids, and people at a cafe in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pasteurized Milk posted:

It was a bunch of cuts to people reacting to bad rock music being broadcasted around the world, but the people reacting to it were examples like African kids standing outside huts, people wearing turbans by pyramids, and people at a cafe in front of the Eiffel Tower.

I think there was an upper class British couple in front of Big Ben. Whoops, no monocle. Should have had one.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 9, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to a convention next weekend at which Tony Oliver (supervising Producer on Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and co-producer of Zeo) is gonna be a guest. Anything you guys want me to ask him?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

What are Bulk and Skull really like behind the camera? Or really anything about those guys.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Pasteurized Milk posted:

I'm watching it right now. They somehow transmitted the music to ancient China too. :lol:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm watching it right now. They somehow transmitted the music to ancient China too. :lol:

If I remember correctly all those other countries were in the original Goseiger episode and it was just as stupid there, too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fezz posted:

If I remember correctly all those other countries were in the original Goseiger episode and it was just as stupid there, too.

I just check out the original episode (Ep. 4 in the Goseiger run, but last week was based on episode 9.) and the Africa segment was a replacement while the London was new. Not having seen the original until now, I could only sit there during the sequence and :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ask him if Tommy Oliver was named after him.