Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«302 »
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

Today it dawned on me season 2ís ridiculously cheap Dark Rangers could have just used the Dairanger main five costumes instead. And then after the Zyuranger PRs defeat them, Zordon could have melted down their coins to make the White Ranger.

Those hilariously cheap costumes are a gift that never stop giving, so Iím glad they didnít do something this sensible.

Shows how short sighted you are compared to Saban. Just imagine what it would look like if the dark rangers were the Dai Rangers every time Mega Force Rangers changed into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland Corpse
Mar 4, 2017

I can't talk about Star Trek without referencing jokes made on the Greatest Generation podcast in every single post. My life only has meaning through the prism of that podcast.

Please like me, Star Trek posters.

Happy Halloween

Oh by the way I've been writing a Star Trek / Power Rangers fanfiction, which I'm posting in the GBS Star Trek thread.

I present it to you here, I am posting a new chapter every Friday or Saturday.

Part 1: New Civilizations

Part 2: Into the Grid

Al Borland Corpse fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2018 around 13:12

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

Today on Power Rangers, a number monster. It doesn't get used very imaginatively.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I like checking out what the monster did in Carranger and apparently this one

quote:

he wiled a magic number stuff. with let him appears to play havoc with his staff to manipulate numbers like those in transfer check amounts and the price of items in stores. now on its face that sounds pretty lame compared to some of the other space gang members. but the ability to completty undo earths monetary and number systems is actually very dangerous. his plan was to throw the numbers of earth into disorder. and with humans society in a panic the Bowzock could hijack earth. leater crotch gave him a powerup backpack and the ability to use Number Bombs.

Friends don't let friends drunk-edit Wikia.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uhhh, so this is a thing...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

Changeman! And Not A Moment Too Soon!

Let's just

Not talk about that

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Leater crotch? I mean, okay...

Al Borland Corpse
Mar 4, 2017

I can't talk about Star Trek without referencing jokes made on the Greatest Generation podcast in every single post. My life only has meaning through the prism of that podcast.

Happy Halloween

Red and green are really well designed. The masks are funny but that's some good lingerie

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The Super Sentai and Power Rangers Megathread: Thatís some good lingerie.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Talk is cheap. Show me the Megazord.

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Red and green are really well designed. The masks are funny but that's some good lingerie

No golden brassiere, no sale.

Al Borland Corpse
Mar 4, 2017

Happy Halloween

Lizard Wizard posted:

No golden brassiere, no sale.

That rightly should be a different piece that you can put on any of the lingeries

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

So if you import the Sentai version of that lingerie, you get shiny silk, right?

Al Borland Corpse
Mar 4, 2017

Happy Halloween

Got to meet Johnny Bosch today! He was really nice. Signed a free autograph for my kid who was too shy to come over. Had a great story about 18 year old JDF almost killing him in Australia

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Having recently watched too much Anime I needed something else, something stupid...so I started watching RPM for the first time since it gets pretty decent praise.
And holy crap at that first episode. I'm in for a fun and silly little ride aren't I?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

Changeman! And Not A Moment Too Soon!

Darth TNT posted:

Having recently watched too much Anime I needed something else, something stupid...so I started watching RPM for the first time since it gets pretty decent praise.
And holy crap at that first episode. I'm in for a fun and silly little ride aren't I?

Beware Ranger Yellow

It's a bad thing

Ranger Blue makes up for it though

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

Today on Power Rangers, it's the trifecta: a Justin-centric episode comprised of mostly American footage with a very important safety lesson.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

LizWiz, what's your process on these? I'm curious how long it takes, and how you decide just how dumb the final cut will be. And were there any episodes which were agonizing to work on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

LizWiz, what's your process on these? I'm curious how long it takes, and how you decide just how dumb the final cut will be. And were there any episodes which were agonizing to work on?

I don't watch episodes in advance; I just rip them from the DVD, drop it into Movie Studio and crop as I go, so probably...40-45 minutes for an episode before rendering, usually. No episodes really stick out as awful, but if you want to know my main source of agony it's when two spoken lines of dialog overlap each other, or when they change shots at the end of a line of dialog, which makes some moments just impossible to isolate and use in the final cut.

«302 »