Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Way to not sell on a podcast by putting spd near the bottom.

They put samurai near the top, wow nostaglia boner huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RBX posted:

The harder list is picking the best song between Fight, I Will Win, and We Need A Hero. Its fight

Thats a weird way of saying Go Green Ranger Go / White Ranger Tiger Power.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FilthyImp posted:

Thats a weird way of saying Go Green Ranger Go / White Ranger Tiger Power.

:yeah:

GOOOO GOOOOLD RAAAANGER was the last one of those, wasn't it?

I always appreciated how Super Sentai still has an exclusive theme song for 6th (or 10th or whatever) Ranger every year, that they play for the first couple episodes they appear and also sometimes when they do something badass later. Sometimes that dude's robot gets its own theme song, too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Any list that doesn't have Dino Thunder at the top is useless.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MisterBibs posted:

This might amuse some people: I was listening to a Power Ranger podcast that I enjoy, and this week's episode covered and rated all the Power Rangers songs. You can click the link if you want, but here's there summary, from Best to Worst:

Mighty Morphin
Dino Charge
TIE: Zeo / In Space
Time Force
Turbo
Dino Thunder
Jungle Fury
TIE: Lost Galaxy / Samurai
Ninja Steel
Wild Force
Lightspeed Rescue
TIE: Ninja Storm / RPM
TIE: SPD / Mystic Force
Operation Overdrive
Alien Rangers

Personally, I think this pretty accurately aligns with my opinion, but I think I'd switch MMPR and Dino Charge because I love it so much.

I misread this as rating the shows themselves and was about to write an insanely long angrypost.

That said, it's still extremely wrong because Time force is actually the best and Lightspeed Rescue, Dino Charge, MMPR, and Lost Galaxy fall in the top 5 in no concrete order.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Lol at Megaforce not even making the cut yet Alien Rangers and Samurai do.

But yeah SPD needs to be near the top with its Wasserman friends. RPM should honestly be right next to Overdrive.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Jungle Fury should be higher on that list. Also Wild Force.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

controversial opinion: Too many of the MMPR-era songs are dragged down by repetitive lyrics

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TFRazorsaw posted:

controversial opinion: Too many of the MMPR-era songs are dragged down by repetitive lyrics

Isnt that what makes them beautiful buttrock compositions?

Instead of, like, that Time Force song that starts 🎵BeYOND All Space and Tiiiiiiiiime!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It just doesn't feel as interesting as stuff like "THERE'S A LIGHT, IN THE DISTANCE..." and whatnot.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FilthyImp posted:

Isnt that what makes them beautiful buttrock compositions?

Instead of, like, that Time Force song that starts 🎵BeYOND All Space and Tiiiiiiiiime!

You're thinking of Mirai Sentai Timeranger, which starts with "GO OVER TIME AND SPAAAACE"

Time Force starts off with "TIME FORCE! TIME FORCE! POW ER! RAN GERS!"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Lol at Megaforce not even making the cut yet Alien Rangers and Samurai do.

I don't feel like relistening, but I think they either forgot it or said in the podcast somewhere that it was just the MMPR theme but punched up so it didn't count.

I think the SPD theme just suffers from there being a lot of better ones, not that it's actually bad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I don't feel like relistening, but I think they either forgot it or said in the podcast somewhere that it was just the MMPR theme but punched up so it didn't count.

The same could be said about the Samurai & Alien Rangers themes though (hell, the latter is literally the MMPR theme with one word changed).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 10, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MisterBibs posted:

I think the SPD theme just suffers from there being a lot of better ones, not that it's actually bad.

They put RPM and Samurai above it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The sheer balls it takes to put RPM above anything is absurd

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

deadly_pudding posted:

You're thinking of Mirai Sentai Timeranger, which starts with "GO OVER TIME AND SPAAAACE"
Apparently there was an Englished Mirai Sentai OP at some point, that I downloaded from Napster, and assumed it was the JOP due to 2000s era labelling.

https://youtu.be/Dj_boO281nE

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
5-4-1 and Combat are songs I may have played on headphones while taking a walk just to stay mentally busy.

As a young man I liked We Need A Hero, but it loses something when it is not accompanied by oohyah sounds and Jason punching guys.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Apparently there was an Englished Mirai Sentai OP at some point, that I downloaded from Napster, and assumed it was the JOP due to 2000s era labelling.

https://youtu.be/Dj_boO281nE

Sentai's done a few English versions of their OPs before (they usually play over the credits during clip show episodes). To my knowledge Carranger, Megaranger, Gingaman (which did one for both its OP and ED) and I think GoGoV have one too.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 10, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
MMPR's main theme was pretty cool when you were a seven year old kid, but as a late 30 year old you recognize it is loving incredible
Those creamy guitar riffs man

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Because I know this has kept people up all night, the reason why Samurai isn't on the list from that podcast is that Megaforce and Samurai are the same thing. News to me.

vvv nope, not that I'm aware. I do recommend both Morphin Grid and Ranger Danger, they are both differently/uniquely entertaining that I never could decide which one to abandon once the majority of my Power Rangers kick was over. RD really thins the milk by covering a lot of other PR stuff (comics, newer episodes), though.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 11, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Have they done a ranking of all morphing callouts?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

5-4-1 and Combat are songs I may have played on headphones while taking a walk just to stay mentally busy.

As a young man I liked We Need A Hero, but it loses something when it is not accompanied by oohyah sounds and Jason punching guys.

I legit have 5-4-1, Fight, We Need a Hero, and the MMPR theme all on my running playlist.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Have they done a ranking of all morphing callouts?
That winner is clear as hell anyway:
Let's Rocket.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I really hated the one with the glasses.

Best powerup is probably MagiGreen Muscle Mode

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Zedd posted:

That winner is clear as hell anyway:
Let's Rocket.

I have no idea why I love that one so much, but I do.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The coolest is "SPD EMERGENCY".

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:psylon: It's Morphin Time
:kamina: Let's Morphing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

Greatest of all time

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Zedd posted:

Yup.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Seriously, Go-Busters was fantastic

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought we were just talking PR. If we're taking toku into consideration, then yeah, Go-Busters is the best.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought we were just talking PR. If we're taking toku into consideration, then yeah, Go-Busters is the best.
It was me being a smartass with it being a morphin call. :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Let's Driving!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

~GOKAI CHANGE~ DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNAMAN

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Best Sentai change call is clearly the Ryu Violet one

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:shepface: Beetle Bonders! :shepface: Beetle Blast! :shepface:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

drrockso20 posted:

Best Sentai change call is clearly the Ryu Violet one

Everything about Shou Lonpou is great, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Everything about Shou Lonpou is great, though.

True which leaves me potentially worried about how he might be adapted when Kyuranger gets a Power Rangers adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't know about Shou, but what the english version of Kyuranger needs to do is adapt Garu as a member of Doggy Kruger's people.