Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm sad you don't get more exposure. You should see if there's any Power Rangers podcasts left to prod.

I'm thinking of getting a banner here on the forums at some point. Probably not until I get into season 2.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I can't wait to finish season two, do the movie, then do two smaller movies. :shepicide:

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
I want a Power Rangers RPG. I never thought I wanted one before but I want one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Like a paper one or a video game? They just announced a paper one. Power Rangers Hyper Force. At least that's what I think it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Like a paper one or a video game? They just announced a paper one. Power Rangers Hyper Force. At least that's what I think it is.

I think the campaign specifically is Hyper Force, but it is a system designed specifically for Power Rangers. They're gonna be doing a stream show of the campaign, with full backing from Saban. It's got Peter Sudarso and Paul Schrier as players.

Here's the promo, with theme song and everything.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientSweetTildeYee

edit:

Apparently the suit concepts were designed by Sudarso.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 23, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The thing I'm still not clear on; is this a thing that eventually I'll be able to walk into a store and buy? Or is this just a one-off thing they're doing on Twitch? Cause all I keep reading is stuff about being able to interact with Twitch bots to support a specific ranger and whatnot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paul Schrier finally gets to be a ranger?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

jivjov posted:

The thing I'm still not clear on; is this a thing that eventually I'll be able to walk into a store and buy? Or is this just a one-off thing they're doing on Twitch? Cause all I keep reading is stuff about being able to interact with Twitch bots to support a specific ranger and whatnot.

They're doing the dumb "keep you in suspense" thing by saying they made this thing as a one-off for this stream, but they maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe will consider mass-producing it if the fans really clap their hands loud and say yeah. Which is a nice way of saying it'll almost certainly be available eventually, but Jason Bischoff wants you to post a lot about it on Twitter so his boss likes him.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 23, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This also lets them have plausible deniability if the system turns out to be hot garbage.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Think of it as a Kickstarter backed by social media instead of money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SpazmasterX posted:

Think of it as a Kickstarter backed by social media instead of money.

I feel like this is the sentence that best defines present day business.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This whole thing feels like someone dusted off that HEXAGON pitch.

But on the other hand, TEAM OLIVER DLC will probably be a sight to behold.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FilthyImp posted:

This whole thing feels like someone dusted off that HEXAGON pitch.

But on the other hand, TEAM OLIVER DLC will probably be a sight to behold.

I would still get unironically hype for JDF + 4x CGI JDFs in Power Rangers Tommy Force, featuring Tommy Oliver the Red Zeo Ranger, Tommy Oliver the Red Turbo Ranger, Thomas Oliver the White Stranger, Dr. Oliver the Black Ranger, and Tom Oliver, the evil clone, having a time travel redemption arc as the Green Ranger.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

deadly_pudding posted:

I would still get unironically hype for JDF + 4x CGI JDFs in Power Rangers Tommy Force, featuring Tommy Oliver the Red Zeo Ranger, Tommy Oliver the Red Turbo Ranger, Thomas Oliver the White Stranger, Dr. Oliver the Black Ranger, and Tom Oliver, the evil clone, having a time travel redemption arc as the Green Ranger.

Come on you gotta bring in Drakkon the redeemed, for the fans

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Come on you gotta bring in Drakkon the redeemed, for the fans

He's the sixth ranger.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You forget Olivordon, their mentor who communicates exclusively in kips and kiyas. Tommy 5 has to translate.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You forget Olivordon, their mentor who communicates exclusively in kips and kiyas. Tommy 5 has to translate.
His daughter (IRL) would be the 7th ranger, and technically Oliver Pink.

Also the mentor would be FutureTommy from that one Christmas episode where he ended up marrying Cat

The pitch is that, following the Legendary Battle, Dr. Thomas Oliver was depowered using... the Sword of Light, but DNA Matrix residue from his Dinogem causes a feedback loop through the Morphin' Grid that destabilizes his Temporal Matrix (like Zordon), bringing various incarnations of his powers to life. This causes Lord Drakkon to peer through dimensions, believing he can seize the Tommy Energies to further his own quest for power.

Midway through the series, Drakkon turns good and the Black Dragon turns into the Thunder DragoZord and it's revealed that the true enemy is the Japanese Dub green ranger or something.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 24, 2017

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

New! On Nick!

Power Rangers: Tommy Force

And coming next fall to Nick

Power Rangers: Super Tommy Force

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crisis On Infinite Tommys

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jason returns as the villain's enforcer. Never morphed, just Jason.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

New! On Nick!

Power Rangers: Tommy Force

And coming next fall to Nick

Power Rangers: Super Tommy Force

Weird that Super Tommy Force switched to a minecraft animal theme.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So Hyper-Force starts in two hours, are we going to turn this into an impromptu GDT or make one somewhere else?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Super Tommyforce Rangers consist of Green Shirt Tommy, White Shirt Tommy, Red Shirt Tommy, Black Shirt Tommy, and Burai.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I think the campaign specifically is Hyper Force, but it is a system designed specifically for Power Rangers. They're gonna be doing a stream show of the campaign, with full backing from Saban. It's got Peter Sudarso and Paul Schrier as players.

Here's the promo, with theme song and everything.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientSweetTildeYee

edit:

Apparently the suit concepts were designed by Sudarso.

That just sounds like Sudarso showing his GM his sweet fanart and begging her to homebrew a PR campaign setting.

Also, I kinda hope they keep their dice in the morpher props they seem to be wearing at the table. It wouldn't be the goofiest power McGuffin in the franchise, honestly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RealFoxy posted:

So Hyper-Force starts in two hours, are we going to turn this into an impromptu GDT or make one somewhere else?

It's a Megathread, go hog wild, I say

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The cast is good but the DM could be better

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

The cast is good but the DM could be better

Paul's kind of carrying his scenes, probably because he's used to improv, and RP is basically improv with more math.
I feel like the GM is getting caught up on getting terminology correct rather than keep things flowing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Paul's kind of carrying his scenes, probably because he's used to improv, and RP is basically improv with more math.
Chloe and Jen are good too

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, this is pretty cringey, but it looks like everyone is having a good time; which is the point :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

These dice sound like they have the weight of bowling balls

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jivjov posted:

Yeah, this is pretty cringey, but it looks like everyone is having a good time; which is the point :)

To be fair, most RPG sessions can be a little cringey with new players until they realise what's allowed and how far to go. Hell, my regular group have only just started to click with RPing within the group and not just with the GM, and we've been playing for 2 years. (This led to a hilarious sequence where our tiefling rogue basically had the whole group assuming she was drunk because she was so nervous and babbly when we asked her to explain why she wanted to kidnap a princess)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

These dice sound like they have the weight of bowling balls

I heard Jason/Marv say the name 'Gil' at one point, so I think they're probably metal.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It rules that Paul Schrier actually gets to be a Power Ranger.

I hope Jason Narvy shows up as the 6th.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9X0w8g3Uk

Definitely not a clip show. Tried something different with the ending this time!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I tried to watch the Twitch stream but it was too unstable. What I saw I liked. I’ll wait for it to be uploaded to YouTube.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Speaking of the idea of actual sourcebooks, how much is down to just Saban and how much say would Bandai and Toei have? Because that's got to play into the decision of if it'll happen. (Plus if Saban would be producing them or simply licensing it out to Paizo or Modiphius or someone, thus offloading production costs.)

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Much like the Boom comic and a lot of other non-toy merchandise, it’s all Saban.

Speaking of the Boom Comic, Psycho Green appears to outright murder three rangers, and then Zordon thanks then kicks the surviving two. The ending is more focused on Red sneaking a Psycho Dagger out of the Command Center, and ignores the question: so how does Zordon get those power coins back? I mean once Green’s ranger form is defeated and his monster form appears, he basically eats the Blue Ranger. I guess I’m supposed to be more interested in the implications that Psycho Green might be revived in modern day to fight the first season MMPRs, but that’s not as interesting.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t like Higgins as a writer because, though he clearly knows and loves the show’s material, he is way too obsessed with piling on cliffhangers.

It’s also not explained how three rangers were able to put together the Power Blaster, but I’ll overlook that one for the sake of a good enough story.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 26, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

It’s also not explained how three rangers were able to put together the Power Blaster, but I’ll overlook that one for the sake of a good enough story.

Three rangers summoned the megazord numerous times in season 1. Don't worry about it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wasn't sure what nationality the black Ranger was. I wish they had been more clear with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WG3Msn7AY

Today's episode features a good monster.