Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

What makes this really weird is that they had just done an official announcement using a Kyuuranger promotional image, so now I'm really confused

Yeah i saw that too, wtf is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

Akibaranger doesn't have a chance because of the source material.

Adult Swim!?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The nick tweet was quoting Den of Geek's article, and Den of Geek chose to use a Kyuranger picture. Most likely the Nick's CM just used Den of Geek's original picture and didn't think much of it. The article's since updated to add the gobus news, and no longer has the Kyuranger pic.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JT Smiley posted:

Go-busters is a good choice to adapt, the suit and mech designs seem like an easier sell to American kids than anything else they've done since Gokaiger.
The Kyuranger suits are appealing to kids yeah, the base mech is ok as well. I'll give you the rest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zedd posted:

The Kyuranger suits are appealing to kids yeah, the base mech is ok as well. I'll give you the rest.

Action figure production for Kyuranger would be a pain though since besides the typical swapping of heads, Champ and Kotaro have to use a completely base figure and Shou, Stinger and Raptor would have some extra accessory on or with their figure

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: a rare mind control episode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Season 28: Kikaider

Sockser posted:

What the hell would you even do with Akibaranger? Make Power Rangers for Adult Swim?

The Powerful Rangers episode is entirely new footage using modified Akaranger and Big One suits representing the "Super Squad", the Japanese Power Rangers show from back in Dino Thunder.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What a waste of a perfect love triangle between Skull, Kimberly, and Bulk.

With both Bulk and Kimberly wanting Skull, obviously.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love that episode, its so gloriously stupid (gently caress it, say the monster is invisible! Goldar having issues with being sat on by Carla Perez!). I'm kinda sad you cut out my favorite part, where Skull and Kimberly have a sweet "sorry I was under a love potion that might've just been AJJ tripping on something a bitch to you" moment at the end.

Late edit for additional content:

https://twitter.com/Evilspacewhale/...90%7Ctwterm%5E2

(I'd kill for a burly Power Ranger who doesn't gently caress around with marital arts, focusing on grappling and wrestling moves.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 18, 2018

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Merry Christmas, everyone!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Dammit, Rito and Goldar, you have swords. Even if you can't use magical powers, use your swords.

(I wonder if I'm curious enough to watch the full episode and try and find Tracy Lynn Cruz as an extra...)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Dammit, Rito and Goldar, you have swords. Even if you can't use magical powers, use your swords.

(I wonder if I'm curious enough to watch the full episode and try and find Tracy Lynn Cruz as an extra...)

To be fair, they were probably heading inside to hold those elves hostage. I'm pretty sure that's a valid use of sword.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
"YOU MAKE THESE TOYS"

Rito channeling Sentai executives beautifully.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I come home to this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Got to see Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank at Comicon in KC this past weekend. They had a fun little panel hosted by Claire Kramer. Amy did a karate thing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lizard Wizard posted:

I come home to this.

Jason/Rocky could not be a Kyoryuger if he can't even beat in dinosaur in combat. Shameful.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The real question is, what ability would Mega Man get when he defeated the T-Rex? Some sort of bite weapon, or the yell-at-ground-make-steam gun?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MisterBibs posted:

The real question is, what ability would Mega Man get when he defeated the T-Rex? Some sort of bite weapon, or the yell-at-ground-make-steam gun?

The ability to transform into a torso.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nothing. Not a robot master, more of a fortress boss. He actually fights a Trex as a mid level boss in 7

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Mega Man would develop the ability to be extinct if he fought a Tyrannosaurus.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What would leather suits look like and how easy would it be to karate with

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Calaveron posted:

What would leather suits look like and how easy would it be to karate with

They were fine in Go-Busters. I'm sure the stunt suits have strategic spandex in the pants.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: a good kitty.

...or is she?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo that Animorphs-rear end trasnformation. :stare:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can't wait for the episode where Rita yells at her "You're a naughty, naughty, girl!"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Can't wait for the episode where Rita yells at her "You're a naughty, naughty, girl!"

Jeez Al, keep it in your pants.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Al Borland Corp. posted:

[Flashback exit reality warp]
“Eeevil girl, EEEEEEEEVIL girl...”

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If LW doesn't accidentally add the "evil girl" echo throughout the episode, it's a loss.

(good lord Catherine Sutherland is pretty. It's almost like they intended to create a Gilligan's Island-esque "Ginger or Mary Anne" thing with comparing AJJ to CS).

E: unrelated, but I had a Power Rangers-esque dream the other night, and it made me realize there's never been a set of tiny baby Zords that morph into a man-or-slightly-bigger-than-man Megazord. Now I'm sad because that'd be cool.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 21, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like itty-bitty robots are more of a Kamen Rider thing.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Lizard Wizard posted:

I come home to this.

Still more resolution than Capcom will ever give Volnutt

MisterBibs posted:

If the last time one beat a gnarly t-rex is anything to go by, it'd be a boring thing like this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So, ReBoot might be a sentai now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The dislikes tell the story.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sure why not

I'm pretty sure that was some spin off of Code Lyoko or whatever but why not

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Code Ly-toku

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Hack & Slash were the original two-man sentai.

Edit: Well, poo poo. That did the one thing I thought ReBoot should have done since I was 13, and that’s turn Megabyte into Kilokahn. The dynamic between Dark Hacker Guy and the Self-Aware Malware was like the best part of Syber Squad

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 22, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I should not be this upset about a dumb kids show... Yet here we are!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Oh hey, modern VR troopers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The first prelude issue to the Power Rangers comic event came out yesterday if anyone cares. I haven't read the comics, or watched the show since I was a kid, but Atop the Fourth Wall had me nostalgic, so I'll follow the books for now.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Open Marriage Night posted:

The first prelude issue to the Power Rangers comic event came out yesterday if anyone cares. I haven't read the comics, or watched the show since I was a kid, but Atop the Fourth Wall had me nostalgic, so I'll follow the books for now.

Is it the mainline book or Go Go Power Rangers?

EDIT: Just went to Comixology, it's the mainline book. The comics have been pretty good so far, hopefully the event doesn't send them spiraling into crap.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: the rangers get that rear end in a top hat from the fighting game who takes half damage.