Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

Yup, Operation Overdrive's red ranger was a secret robot or some poo poo. I didn't really watch the show.
Wow, this actually happened. I had no idea, but that actually sounds like kind of a cool twist for Power Rangers. Sadly, I think Megaforce Red is only a robot due to his completely nonexistent acting ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Troy's acting somehow got worse, but then there was the scene where he didn't even make eye contact with Robo Knight. That was fantastic.

At least Jake is getting better, as his character inches towards Doc territory. "Robo Hug" indeed.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

Jake being Gokai Green kinda fits...he's always moving and goofing around. Don's antics aren't too far off from that. Noah as Blue is alright too, since even though Noah isn't SUPER SERIOUS SWORDSMAN, he's quiet and seems very economical in his fighting. Emma isn't girly enough to be Princess Ahim though...

Mostly seconded! I think Jake got noticeably goofier as the series went on to ease him into becoming Gokai Green. It's definitely going to be more of a stretch to sell nerdy Noah as a sudden master swordsman, but if they actually develop his character somewhat to make it fit (a man can dream, right?) that would be pretty neat. Especially if they try and make any sort of adaptation of Cid. As for Ahim, I think Emma's flower girl personality will translate well enough into Ahim's in-suit mannerisms. Gia, of course, will be perfect.

Troy's the only real wildcard. And by wildcard I mean he is terrible and I hate that he is in Marvelous' suit. :colbert:

I wonder what they're going to do with Roboknight, personally. Outside of the unused Seiger footage, all that's left for him is the footage from the Seiger VS Kaiger movie... Which is a tad problematic for obvious reasons. I guess he could have died since it sort of hinted that way in the last episode, but nobody dies in the new Saban's Power Rangers.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Spoiler (if anyone really cares about the plot of Super Megaforce) Robo Knight becomes Barizorg

Now that is interesting. I hope they can do it well. S.Mega/Gokaiger Spoilers: Noah had the most interaction with Roboknight, so that's close enough for me. I wonder if he's still going to have to be put down, or if they'll fix him and bring him back for some reason. Besides the obvious no-death-on-TV, but they killed Metal Alice, so who knows anymore.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Speaking of Kyoryuger adaptations: Say hello to Dino Charge.

I guess low ratings and sales let Saban skip Gobusters? While I'll happily check out the Kyoryuger adaptation (as much as I will the Gokaiger one), I'm disappointed they didn't even try and do Gobusters. :( It's one of my favorites, and there's such cool designs in it. But I guess between the content and lack of stock morphs, they just wanted to go for the guaranteed sell. The story's certainly different, at least. I wonder what aspects of the Beast Batteries they'll keep?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

ToQger has loving fantastic villain designs. The Shadow Line dudes are incredible looking, holy poo poo. I don't think there's been a set of villains who have cohesively looked this great since Shinkenger.

Even the generic goons are awesome!

The goons are fantastic, since their hats and coats make them look either classy awesome or like goony bros, according to the differing opinions of my watching group at the first episode. Either way, they're great.

Absolutely in love after the first episode, by the way. Initial character impression is strong, the fights were great, and their henshin + "roll" call pose is perfect. The Conductor is, as someone else said, Cakeboss-esque, which I love. Can't wait to see more!

Ticket may become more annoying, but for the moment my tolerance is high because he is Usopp.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 24, 2014

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I haven't seen the episode yet, but being the best part of the Gokaiger ep, I have to ask. Did they/how did they do the five-team five-sword slash? Did they mention team names or was it just a final strike?

I loved it in Gokaiger because there were like five "something-ranger" teams in a row then out of nowhere it ends with GIIIIINGAMAN. So great.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So, there's something called Morphin Madness going on where you vote for one of two rangers for sweepstakes entries and coupons for deals on Power Rangers merch.

Only a couple tough choices in the bunch. Zeo 5 VS MMPR Red, for one. I may have lost my PR fan card for voting Doggie Kruger over MMPR White though. :( Sorry, JDF. He's a dog.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dear god, the sudden triple-zoom in close up to Jaden's face in the new episode nearly killed me. It was worth the laughs, but seriously, who edits this poo poo?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Battle of the Blands begins with the introduction of the Silver Ranger.

Disappointed that it's a week away, I really want to see how they're going to play/cut Gai's over--the-top in-suit antics to suit this guy.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Burkion posted:

Speaking of Christmas, I watched Zeo A Season To Remember.

Horray racism and awful boring bullshit.

Why do all of the Christmas specials suck all of the rear end?

I don't know, but they really do. Roboknight Before Christmas is one of the worst things I've ever watched.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

But they're clearly not gems. They're not clearly batteries either, but still? :psyduck:

Couldn't the Energems be the amber stones like the one Daigo carried? Those were important. Unless it's an all-American creation.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I watched one episode of it, I think the first, which ended with the green ranger writing the symbol for fun and all the rangers like dancing and partying. Which is fine for a PR episode but being so early or kind of flew in the face of how great early Shinkenger was of slowly getting the cast to like and respect each other enough to work together, which I loved. So that really sucked. Also the main Red actor, much like Megaforce, was pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

The unfortunate thing is with this staff, he'll likely be defeated by a time-warp crossover of his other four rangers, which he'll voice in ADR.
Well poo poo, that's one post-battle redemption away from a five-man All-Tommy squad. The kids(' parents) will love it!