Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I did not think it was possible for it to be worse than Goseiger.

It somehow manages to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zonekeeper posted:

Both, if the box mockup they displayed at comic-con is to be believed.

E: Here, have a pic:

Basically, they're giving us the things we begged for 3 years ago.

Goddamn I wish I had a kid so I could justify buying that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Edit: After reading about turning Megaranger and Gingaman into space themed shows, I really wanna read about how they turned Go-onger into RPM.

Both Space and RPM, were series that were going to be the last Sentai series adapted into English.

In Space's case. They were shown the suit and Zord designs before actually being shown the Japanese script, So they had started the script writing assuming that it was space based solely off how everything looked like it was in space.

By the time they learned it was about Video games it was too late.

RPM is the result of the staff being told this is the last one and pretty much being allowed to do whatever they wanted. And thus making the best Power Rangers series since Space.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It was mostly a joke. I just haven't watched Power Rangers since Wild Force. I'm also not terribly interested in doing so. I tried to watch RPM because I liked Go-onger so much, but it was so offensively dumb I just couldn't make it more than a couple of episodes in.

It got much better as it went on. But yeah if you hated the first few episodes then you probably wouldn't like it.

Mostly it's the goddamn hilarity of turning Go-Onger into a serious and grim post-apocalyptic world.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVrTsryg_CM

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tae posted:

There's a twist, but not that dark. Original Time Red died, but really didn't and was the one sending zords to the team, then semi-takes over for the finale before giving the team back.

I mean it was actually pretty loving dark once you thought about it.

The Original Red Ranger essentially left the Eric and Wes(Quantum and Red), to die fighting off hordes of mutants and Ransik alone, and tried to force the original rangers into a mindwipe, to make them forget about them going to that time period. Eventually they go back and save everyone. But the Original Red was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Senerio posted:

Haven't you ever heard the legend of The Great White Samurai?

I would have went with Tom Cruise, but sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but Grimdark Power rangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man Mystic Force is so bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Burkion posted:

Better than Overdrive.

Always better than Overdrive.

Oh yeah well that goes without saying. Mystic Force is just a really bad PR series.

Operation Overdrive is an affront to nature.

I'll come back in 2 days or so when they start RPM.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I kinda like the RPM theme tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

So it looks like Twitch will tie the PR emoticons to your account for life if you sub before the 29th.

Suddenly I can't find the free Twitch Prime code that was in my SF5 game and I'm salty as all hell.

Wait If I have Amazon prime does that count towards this