Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Like you said, it's not surprising, but I still can't help but feel a tad disappointed that Scorpina made it in. There are still multiple seasons that don't have even a single representative, but instead of any of them, they spring for... an obscure minor villain from the first season that hardly anyone even remembers?

On brighter news though, Dino Fury looks sick, and I like that the trailer referenced Mighty Morphin and Dino Thunder. If the Hasbro era is marked by more frequent references to past seasons, then I certainly won't be complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Agent Rush posted:

Oh, those are the new Rangers? Huh, I'm at least interested.

Wait, are these the new Rangers? My first interpretation was that these would be the new Zords...

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Larryb posted:

Also they really need to retire “Go Go Power Rangers” for a while/for good, it’s getting old now.

Hard agree. All these themes aping it just shows that they will literally never make another even half as good as Go Go, not unless they manage to get Ron Wasserman back on board.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Wherever he's from, I like him, he looks like an evil version of the rangers. Hope we get to see more of him.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

The buildup was a bit too long but the actual morph sequence itsefl is amazing. Definitely way better than Beast Morphers' was. Though I'll agree it would have been better if the helmets had come in from the top and bottom instead of from the sides. Not only would it have looked like the visors of the knight helmets they're supposed to be, but it also would have evoked the imagery of the helmets 'biting down' on them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I can't see them doing Zenkaiger, tbh. Not even as the next season, but just at all. The leader's suit alone isn't even an actual Power Rangers reference, not to mention they seem to use a fair amount of other non-PR-adapted powers too. I guess they could always pull a Super Megaforce and say "These are Ranger powers not from Earth" or what the gently caress ever, but considering that was a bullshit excuse used to justify that season's weird laziness in regards to editing, I would prefer they didn't.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Junpei posted:

https://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/59915514235/original-power-rangers-samurai-proposal

This was apparently the OG idea for what PR: Samurai was gonna be

drat, that sounds way better than what we actually got.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I'm of the opposite opinion and feel they should have just done only a Goseiger adaptation and skipped over Gokaiger entirely

This is kind of how I feel about the situation. If I recall correctly, there was something in Saban's contract preventing them from just skipping Goseiger all together. With that being the case and our options are then "Mash up Goseiger and Gokaiger into one single clusterfuck" or "Adapt Goseiger alone and leave Gokaiger for the potential future", they really should have done the latter.

I don't think Gokaiger should have been skipped entirely- I feel like the series had a lot of potential and could have made for a GREAT Power Rangers series- but it definitely needed its own room to breathe and preferably a team where the Red Ranger didn't act more robotic than the actual literal robot.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I enjoyed it while I was watching it, but the moment I left the theater I started realizing "Wait, maybe it wasn't so hot..."

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I need that Zedd helmet oh my god

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I just hope that, whatever gets adapted next, they drop the stupid cockpit weapons (Mega Fury Saber, Cheetah Beast Blaster, etc.). I get that it's an easy way to sell yet another toy but they're just so stupid.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

drrockso20 posted:

I feel like if nothing else the Pink in DonBrothers being a CG Slender Man is going to be a huge deterrent

Don't forget Black looking like a Sonic OC!

drrockso20 posted:

I still just can't see it, the way the Mecha work in that season is going to be impossible to make good toys out of

I haven't seen anything of Kiramager, what do their zords do that would make it hard to toyify them?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Been catching up on Dino Fury. I'm happy that the tension between Garcia and Javi WASN'T resolved because Javi decided to make a career of it. I mean, yes, he still immediately said he was gonna try and make a career out of it, but it was still Garcia who approached him first, after finally realizing how happy music made Javi.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Non-binary rep is cool, but, uh... I'm not the only one who thinks "Death Ranger" sounds like a 14-year-old's DeviantArt OC, am I?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

NinjaPete posted:

Slyther obviously.

God I would KILL to have Slyther continue to show up. He doesn't even have to be a Ranger, hell he doesn't even have to join the new villains! Just have him be a jerk that just pops up now and then to keep loving with the Rangers!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Larryb posted:

So from the panel today it’s looking like Cosmic Fury is going to use Kyuranger footage/Zords but modified Ryusoulger suits and original ground fights:

Kinda disappointing for me at least. I'll admit, I haven't actually watched Kyuranger, but just looking the suits up and they seem rad as gently caress.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Darth TNT posted:

It feels so weird to me that he has suicided. He seemed like he had a pretty cool life going. :confused:

That's the thing about mental health issues. When you're struggling so bad on the inside, you get blinded to how things really are. I just wish he could have gotten the help he needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

...It makes me inordinately happy that Javi got a guitar-axe...