Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
Most of these people are hicks that don't "need" AR-15's. However:

StandardVC10 posted:

Nah, it's not that complicated. They hear the AR-15 being mentioned a lot as something civilians can currently own but perhaps shouldn't, and they freak out and come up with every possible reason to own one that they can, and mention them by name because OUR FREEDOMS.

I am not starting a gun debate here. Just wanted to say. If you disagree, it's cool and I will not debate about it and none of you should either.

Realistically any gun is as bad as any other gun as far as active shooter scenarios goes, if you look at the history of massacres most of them were perpetrated using low-caliber handguns; these are easier to conceal and handle to fire more quickly more accurately particularly without experience.

High caliber rifles in shooting sports are necessary because the skill gradient drops off very quickly for low-caliber weapons. Shooting farther = harder shot, more skill involved, more potential for differentiation between competitors; as a result a more involved competition. If you banned the high-caliber rifles you'd just end up with a plateau full of people arguing about who could theoretically shoot a gun farther with accuracy if they could only get their hands on one that could.

So as far as shooting sport goes, they do in fact "need" higher caliber rifles.

Additionally, attachment limitations and the like are largely superficial, and if you ban "assault weapons" you're going to miss lots of rifles that don't meet the criteria but are equally deadly. Limiting a specific type of gun shouldn't be what we are talking about, we should be talking about how to better control all guns better and keep them only in responsible hands.

Also, absolutely amazing troll with the bible verses there. I can't believe those people.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

ButtonJ posted:

Meh, I got baaned from there by obnoxious women because I challenged the reporting of some article on tax deductions two weeks ago (or so, can't really remember and get log on to check because I'm banned). I would not say I'm buddy-buddy with people on that site.

That does not mean I support the destruction of site for no reason other than having a differing political opinion.

If "shoot the fags and starve everyone" was a legitimate political opinion I might have some sympathy for you.

If we were trying to destroy the site we would be DDOS'ing it.

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

Jonny Angel posted:

Some clownshoes in this thread, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, figured they'd send me PMs about how they totally figured out that I'm a goon too. I had to report them for admitting to being a troll, lest a mod read the PMs and my cover get blown. Paranoid, but it's the price of sloppiness.

Tits I was joking when I said it was a McCarthyism simulator. :psypop:

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

CommieGIR posted:

If someone honestly told me that we should just allow free access to Nuclear or Biological weapons, I would just punch them in the face and keep punching as hard as I could as quickly as I could.

How will I defend my home without smallpox genetically engineered to live inside anthrax with which to inoculate my front lawn?

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

U.S. Barryl posted:

A few days back I posted this:

I just thought it was crazy that somebody would say such a thing. Clearly just one crazy dude.

Then today:

Is nuking Detroit something they want to put on the table? Say what you will about drone strikes, but these people love atomic bombs.

:allears: Liberals: the reason the auto industry had to abandon Detroit

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
That's some of the best trollin' there are.

Do we know how many chans there are, or have they gotten totally out of hand?

May I ask how you did the creepy text for the dead painter? It's super weird.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 7, 2013

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

orangesampson posted:

I know what server admins play on WoW, how many kids they have, they like dark chocolate because of diabetes. Just like us, but you know delusional. Most of the mods who run the site hate their wifes and like being spanked. "I can not imangine being a repressed Christian male in a church. Look at all those single ladies in the back trying to make up for what a fling does. " It gets worse. A lot worse.

I like dark chocolate because I am a man's man. You mean to tell me fat people 'like' dark chocolate because it has less sugar, or am I interpreting this wrong? That is pathetic.

what posted:

ONLY TWO PEOPLE IN HISTORY HAD THEIR OWN SYMBOLS

They seem to have forgotten Prince.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 10, 2013

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

orangesampson posted:

Yeah, Dark chocolate has less sugar. It is pathetic. Most of the people on this site are depressive or worse. They hate themselves because they think they are something they aren't. The moderators of the site need prozac. I don't think a sane person lives in this "enclave of freedom".

I like bitter things because their flavor is satisfying. Black coffee, black chocolate, black licorice ...

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
People where I live are hicks and will never shut the gently caress up about getting the fluoride out of the water. I resent them for this.

Spacedad posted:

Being an atheist, I consider people like these to be my staunch allies. Debates about religious belief with them are good-natured no matter if we disagree, since we fundamentally agree on equality, freedom, and tolerance.

Hijabs are sexist and a gross bastardization of the meaning of the Qur'an and I refuse to accept they should still be in use. They were used as a way to institutionalize sexism and the practice needs to be abandoned. I will buddy with them for being moderate when they actually walk the walk.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 12, 2013

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

thehumandignity posted:

Yeah, uh, you realize bigotry towards a woman for choosing to wear hijab is functionally no better than bigotry towards a woman who won't wear it, right?

And they're no more sexist than bikini tops. Which isn't to say bikini tops aren't sexist; they are. The taboo for a woman to expose her chest absolutely does not exist for men in the same situations.

I'm not telling anybody to "expose themselves" am I Mr. Jesus. White. Knight?

I am only saying they should be able to wear the same attire men do.

I dislike you.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 12, 2013

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
See, the thing is I knew instantly someone would call me a :supaburn: bigot. Does it occur to you that bigotry directed in the right direction for once in history might be able to instigate positive change?

Quakers are pretty cool about stuff, though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

thehumandignity posted:

I wholeheartedly encourage "bigotry" towards men who believe that women not wearing hijab are sinful temptresses and will burn in hell. Not really sure what your issue is.

No, see you don't get to air-quote that; if you're going to go around slinging bigotry as an insult all day and every time anyone questions Religion you should probably understand what the word means. Bigotry implies an opinion based in prejudice; my opinion is based on educated and reasoned deduction.

Particularly enjoying the "Michelle is bad because she's got a big booty" posts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
Uhoh guys, he's figured out how to use smilies, we're in trouble now :smug:.

• Locked thread