Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

GoldStandardConure posted:

you set the dial to "Familiar Feelings"
No, that was Deja-Vu ....

Edit: This would have been a better setup on the last page - now it's just a shameful snipe.

Cable Guy has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320153245/arebo-the-one-touch-body-dryer

hate wasting extra seconds trying to dry those hard-to-reach places with a hair dryer

love that it's grandma-friendly

Jerry Seinfeld has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Apr 18, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

hate wasting extra seconds trying to dry those hard-to-reach places with a hair dryer

This one's definitely been done before, I'm sure I remember it being discussed ITT.

e: it was in the yospos thread *six years ago*

goddamnedtwisto has a new favorite as of 17:55 on Apr 18, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Congrats to this guy for bilking idiots out of 100k because they're too dumb to know what a fan is.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This one's definitely been done before, I'm sure I remember it being discussed ITT.

:psyboom:

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

So that thing totally blasts taint water all over whatever room it's in, right?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hub Cat posted:

So that thing totally blasts taint water all over whatever room it's in, right?

I have a name :(

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Love that he's got a mirror to see the Gooch drying in action.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

This is for those dudes who think touching they own butt makes them gay, isn't it? Finally a way to dry that swamp rear end without touching it!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Real talk when summer hits here in California and I come home from work with swamp taint every day, a fan blowing air against that swamp is amazing.

Holy poo poo, hey copyright @me this thing but it uses an AC to blow cold air up there don't steal

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Have you ever wanted to:
?

If so, good news: someone has finally invented the wash cloth!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/finalstraw/finalwipe

Yes, that's a plastic wet wipe container with 10 wash cloths in it. It costs $30.

Yes, these are all things you can do with wash cloths!

Okay, that's just wash cloths with extra steps. Usually I use warm water, not tepid room temperature water. Is there something in their cleaning solution that will prevent the clothes left soaking for days from getting mildew or rot? :iiam:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Project Ouch?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Facebook Aunt posted:

Okay, that's just wash cloths with extra steps. Usually I use warm water, not tepid room temperature water. Is there something in their cleaning solution that will prevent the clothes left soaking for days from getting mildew or rot? :iiam:

This is how every restaurant has sanitized surfaces for decades.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Bleach.

Sorry, "Patented antibacterial oxidising surfactant solution", probably. Possibly one of the pricier ones that don't smell as much as normal bleach to avoid giving the game away, but probably just normal hypo, dilute enough that it's not going to damage skin/household objects, with a tiny bit of detergent and a shitload of perfume. You know, exactly what's in every single wet wipe container.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bleach isn't very stable though, if you let it sit around for days afterwards the chlorine may all dissipate and then mildew sets in.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

Bleach isn't very stable though, if you let it sit around for days afterwards the chlorine may all dissipate and then mildew sets in.

Box looks airtight and the initial soaking will take care of anything on the cloths when you put them in, I'm willing to bet it'll stay clear for a good few weeks as long as you don't open it. Or like I say they might use one of the fancier bleaches which might be a bit safer as well, but it's Kickstarter so they probably just raided the nearest pool supply place.

Actually, as they mention tablets, it might be one of the solid bleaches, so they might have had to splash out to buy a load of whatever the local equivalent of Miltons Tablets.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bleach.

Sorry, "Patented antibacterial oxidising surfactant solution", probably. Possibly one of the pricier ones that don't smell as much as normal bleach to avoid giving the game away, but probably just normal hypo, dilute enough that it's not going to damage skin/household objects, with a tiny bit of detergent and a shitload of perfume. You know, exactly what's in every single wet wipe container.

It will probably be Benzalkonium chloride

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mujaji posted:

It will probably be Benzalkonium chloride

I don't know what this is but I'm hyped for any chemical name containing both "Benz-" and "Chloride" and definitely want to use it instead of toilet paper.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*frustratedly looks at separate piles of washcloths, labeled "butt" and "countertops"* There's got to be a better way!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A towel with one side that says rear end and the other side says dishes

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CJacobs posted:

A towel with one side that says rear end and the other side says dishes

All of my hand-crafted artisanal reusable cleaning wipes are purified with only the finest ether so I can cle

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol, shocking development in that indiegogo comment section:

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

lol, shocking development in that indiegogo comment section:

It also seems they spammed that message 100s of times to drown out all the backer comments.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

I like that they used the guy with a buzz cut as the illustration of a hair dryer taking too long and not the woman with long hair. Also, with an 11lb switch, anyone with a big cat is going to end up with a massive power bill from the cat sleeping on it all day.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

I like that they used the guy with a buzz cut as the illustration of a hair dryer taking too long and not the woman with long hair. Also, with an 11lb switch, anyone with a big cat is going to end up with a massive power bill from the cat sleeping on it all day.

Many men with short haircuts suffer from sweaty taint syndrome

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy posted:

We jest, but meanwhile...

I mean, compared to other Covid grifts that are out there (Kush's ventilator scam etc.) this might be one I could somewhat applaud.

They're all over Amazon UK.

Are they still stupid or should I buy them now to be a cool, ahead-of-the-curve trendsetter?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sunswipe posted:

Are they still stupid or should I buy them now to be a cool, ahead-of-the-curve trendsetter?

If it's cheap and it makes you feel better about pushing elevator buttons, why not? At least from Amazon you'll probably get it quickly, unlike kickstarter.

e: If you look it up on aliexpress (where everything on kickstarter already exists) one of the options is a loving coat hook, lol.

Makes sense, I guess. It's antimicrobial brass. It can be used to press buttons or hook open certain doors. And if you later decide carrying around a brass coat hook is dumb, you can just put it on the wall and use it to hang your coat.

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Apr 24, 2020

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Facebook Aunt posted:

If it's cheap and it makes you feel better about pushing elevator buttons, why not? At least from Amazon you'll probably get it quickly, unlike kickstarter.

e: If you look it up on aliexpress (where everything on kickstarter already exists) one of the options is a loving coat hook, lol.

Makes sense, I guess. It's antimicrobial brass. It can be used to press buttons or hook open certain doors. And if you later decide carrying around a brass coat hook is dumb, you can just put it on the wall and use it to hang your coat.

I love that there is a picture depicting the use of the coat hook to open a door. That’s dedication.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Huh, I'd seen a coat hook in the Amazon results but just figured it was a mistake. Now I want to see a comparison review of coat hook vs tactical EDC button presser hook. Preferably by someone in full tactical gear.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

I love that there is a picture depicting the use of the coat hook to open a door. That’s dedication.

They should have put a keyring through the screw hole.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The "screw holes" are to reduce wind resistance during use. High speed, low drag. Tactical coat hook door opener

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Was just about to say that.

What will they think of next? Toilet paper made out of newspaper? [don't steal this idea]

Any minute now someone will kickstart a wheeled tartan shopping trolley. With Bluetooth and an app.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

I like that the exact item in the Kickstarter campaign is in your image, at a lower price, and with the exact same name. Congrats to the person who managed to walk away with half a million dollars since the persona running the campaign is probably as fake as everything else.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I like that the exact item in the Kickstarter campaign is in your image, at a lower price, and with the exact same name. Congrats to the person who managed to walk away with half a million dollars since the persona running the campaign is probably as fake as everything else.

Could go either way actually. I know with that kickstarter fidget cube toy from ages ago there were knockoffs before the real ones even shipped, and they were definitely copies of the kickstarter toy as opposed to something the kickstarter folks were taking and reselling.

It totally could have been an original design, but knockoff companies can turn that poo poo around real quick.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I think the rumor with that one was that the original designers were unhappy with the way the final production units felt and changed the design afterwards, which lead to a delay. With that delay, the Chinese manufacturers decided to just sell the original "defective" (but perfectly fine and official) units to someone else, who resold them in the states immediately.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thread necromancy and all, but man...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Now you too can have Jude Law's suit from Contagion:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/biovyzr-venture-out-breathe-easy

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

You know what disposable paper masks were missing? The ability to fog up and get filthy

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Hey bud, real nice piece of gear you got. Lemme decontaminate that for ya-

*sprays virucidal cleaner all over the front and walks away without wiping it off*

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Just look at the high quality package design!

And the care and attention that went into proofreading!

i was just looking for a way to attach a constantly wirring fan very close to my head so dropping 160€ on this was a no-brainer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just give everyone giant hamster balls.