Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/scp-foundation-artbooks?fbclid=IwAR30DdKah43EGEby3F3bXpkuDd1-xA72nbxX5ZNA6Iu4D7rpx4Vcv7UkNZA#/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What's awful about that? Looks pretty cool.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HellCopter posted:

What's awful about that? Looks pretty cool.

It's some rando who is compiling creative commons works and then reselling it. Reading is hard but I didn't see anything about giving the original writers/artists a dime

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Len posted:

It's some rando who is compiling creative commons works and then reselling it. Reading is hard but I didn't see anything about giving the original writers/artists a dime

SCP is creative commons, all you have to do is credit the writers, which they say they are. As for the art, they've licensed and commissioned everything according to the IGG blurb.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kirbysuperstar posted:

SCP is creative commons, all you have to do is credit the writers, which they say they are. As for the art, they've licensed and commissioned everything according to the IGG blurb.

Legally it's fine it just feels shady to me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Len posted:

Legally it's fine it just feels shady to me

I don't disagree, yeah. I'm sure they're only paying the artists because they 'have' to.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A very well timed game launched today

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trumpop/the-game-of-trumpopoly-get-electors-win-the-white-house

Trumpopoly

What if we reskinned the worst game around the worst person? :thunk:

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Who is that even for? It's so halfassed, if you're gonna grift go all the way.
Also :lol: at the idea they're gonna need a signed limited collectible edition.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Len posted:

Apparently some of it could have even been submitted before it became Creative Commons.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1352148278624702464

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Next on kickstarter: Wikipedia, full edition in just 256 volumes, all info up to date on the moment of printing in chronological order!
With a small starting pledge of $20 you may receive a position in queue to acquire a volume!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Erulisse posted:

Next on kickstarter: Wikipedia, full edition in just 256 volumes, all info up to date on the moment of printing in chronological order!
With a small starting pledge of $20 you may receive a position in queue to acquire a volume!

Even that's old hat, I remember years and years ago where my saved ebay searches would regularly inform me of someone selling copies of the Wikipedia article on Snatcher, etc.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Erulisse posted:

Sorry, you've been scooped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRI35gKSPA
[/quote]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

[/quote]

Legit kinda want something like that since if long term plans pan out, in a couple years work is gonna put me in remote Alaska for a while. Already thinking that far ahead at what a pain cell data/internet is gonna be.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kiwix does the same thing but as a PC/Android/iOS app

https://www.kiwix.org/en/

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Yep. Keep in mind that a full non-abridged dump of the English-language Wikipedia is over 80 GB even compressed so you will need a large SD card (or a device with a lot of built-in storage, though SD cards are usually cheaper and more than adequate for Kiwix) if you want the whole thing.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mr.Radar posted:

Yep. Keep in mind that a full non-abridged dump of the English-language Wikipedia is over 80 GB even compressed so you will need a large SD card (or a device with a lot of built-in storage, though SD cards are usually cheaper and more than adequate for Kiwix) if you want the whole thing.

Yeah but how big is it if you take out all the articles about Transformers characters?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

wa27 posted:

Yeah but how big is it if you take out all the articles about Transformers characters?

Optimus Prime when he hears about some new obscure hobby: Autobots, transform and read up!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

wa27 posted:

What's the point of having it then?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I used to play a game on Wikipedia when I was bored at work called "how long til soccer" where I'd hit random until the article was about soccer. Since every flat patch of europe has 200 years of history as a soccer pitch it was usually six clicks or less. I wonder if it still works.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

theironjef posted:

I used to play a game on Wikipedia when I was bored at work called "how long til soccer" where I'd hit random until the article was about soccer. Since every flat patch of europe has 200 years of history as a soccer pitch it was usually six clicks or less. I wonder if it still works.

I just did it three times in eight, four, and five clicks lmao.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

saving space by not duplicating stuff you could look up in your local copy of the transformers wiki instead.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

That's just Six Degrees of Hitler* with a different target but the same basic trick.

* Itself a variant of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, which I think predates IMDB but was of course primarily played there because until IMDB how were you supposed to verify anything?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

So you can sell a TFwiki edition.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
[/quote]

It did not survive because it was not a printed book! HAHA!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's just Six Degrees of Hitler* with a different target but the same basic trick.

* Itself a variant of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, which I think predates IMDB but was of course primarily played there because until IMDB how were you supposed to verify anything?

No, Six Degrees requires there to be relationships between the steps prior to the goal. This is way more mindless.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

That's just solo wiki wars. The Schmoyoho guys do that every so often and the videos are usually pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJN2iK0BSo

Soysaucebeast has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Jan 25, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Big oof
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rorgames/white-people-game-for-all-relatable-funny-adult-game

"Hey Earl, wanna get pissed saying racist poo poo?"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Oh I wonder what other projects he's created

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rorgames/right-or-racist-hilarious-trivia-game-about-stereo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shut up Karen, this game isn't racist. Now I'm gonna play the "say racist things" card.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I've finally started watching The Office (US), and that would fit nicely in the early episodes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This, but with racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8u4CEBVq7s

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I'm glad all the goons who were super into calling women "Karens" last year are finally getting to see how cringe they looked to everyone else now that its spread to people like this.

Also, like a lot of white people media this is just a shoddy knockoff of something black people invented: Black Card Revoked

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I'm glad all the goons who were super into calling women "Karens" last year are finally getting to see how cringe they looked to everyone else now that its spread to people like this.

Shut up Kyle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If your not a literal child you shouldn’t say cringe

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

If your not a literal child you shouldn’t say cringe

Yeah, it's pretty cringe.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Back in ye olden times, there were printed catalogues of movies that included an index by performer. So you would miss out on some of the Six Degrees via bit players, but it was still a fun game back then.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also, like a lot of white people media this is just a shoddy knockoff of something black people invented: Black Card Revoked

Shut up Sleeveless.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Infinitum posted:

A very well timed game launched today

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trumpop/the-game-of-trumpopoly-get-electors-win-the-white-house

Trumpopoly

What if we reskinned the worst game around the worst person? :thunk:

The picture says you collect Rudy cards in case you get indicated

Not indicted, indicated

Lol

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

But Cards Against Humanity already exists?? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The Couch Console is now buying 60-second Youtube ads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NLAYH-cd0

:psyduck:

And they're up to $2.1 million :shepspends: