Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want a mug that is 90% unusable space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sunswipe posted:

I'm a British white guy whose ethnic heritage is just white since about twenty minutes after man left Africa. I fear the sun as direct contact with its rays would have about the same effect on me as on the vampires in Blade. With that in mind: this woman looks seriously pale. Is she ill?

It’s probably just a bad photo, but the only time I ever looked like that is when I had anemia :ohdear:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Maybe its exaggerated by the fact that everything else is white in that picture. The cups, the walls, the sunlight on the window and her shirt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Something something purity
Something something toxins

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNJ4Q9jqL8A

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

You do not want to be pure. Only lifeless things are pure.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

I'm a British white guy whose ethnic heritage is just white since about twenty minutes after man left Africa. I fear the sun as direct contact with its rays would have about the same effect on me as on the vampires in Blade. With that in mind: this woman looks seriously pale. Is she ill?

She just happens to be a whiter shade of pale

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, if someone reports it with a link to the actual product they'll most likely take it down.

lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've done it before with other scam resellers.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Like everything else about how they choose to enforce their rules I'm fairly sure that how much money a campaign has attracted plays a role in whether or not they remove them.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but...who's ready for a brand-new (as of January) SKARP LAZOR RAZOR OFFICIAL Youtube channel?!?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscDUl2C_ul_GNz32ZaQsqQ/featured

I particularly enjoy their "One-Of-Kind Industry Game-Changer" video being in 240p.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We spent many years developing this razor, which is why we can only show you CGI renders of it! It is 100% A REAL PRODUCT THOUGH

Here it is in action (It's still a prototype, but it does the job)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If anyone's not seen it, here's the original video showing how amazing the lazer razor is in actual use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGiAS8yYHjs

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but...who's ready for a brand-new (as of January) SKARP LAZOR RAZOR OFFICIAL Youtube channel?!?

I particularly enjoy their "One-Of-Kind Industry Game-Changer" video being in 240p.

Anytime this thing is mentioned I can’t not read it in idubbbz’s pronunciation as “skarp lasser rasser”

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

We Got Us A Bread posted:

One important difference. They're now making it in pink and marketing it to women. A whole new demographic to scam!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

If anyone's not seen it, here's the original video showing how amazing the lazer razor is in actual use:
If I wanted to take several tries to cut a single strand of hair while moving the razor a tenth of an inch per second I could just go find a piece of flint to shave with.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLbgO0q6n4U

Burrito Pop

It's so dumb I love it

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I...kinda want this.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's literally a stubby thermos.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's literally a stubby thermos.

But this one is for your burrito

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

To be fair, I've never seen a thermos with a threaded base to allow you to gradually elevate a burrito as you eat it. Granted, that's also never been something I've wanted or needed.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I dunno, seems pretty easy to get poo poo inside the burritopop, so the burrito pop always smells like burrito no matter what you do

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

the burrito pop always smells like burrito

This will be a bullet-pointed feature on the box.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

I dunno, seems pretty easy to get poo poo inside the burritopop, so the burrito pop always smells like burrito no matter what you do

Just get one for savory burritos and one for sweet burritos, you complainer

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iam-internet/billion-seconds

I'm pretty sure this is a cult.

Edit:

:tinfoil:

ce gars has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Mar 29, 2021

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
was going to make a snark quip about if they actually know how long a billion seconds(31.69 years) is , but one of their projects is a time cap opening in 2052.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Somewhere between a dotcom startup, MLM, and cult.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Somewhere between a dotcom startup, MLM, and cult.

I'm not sure why you just said the same thing three times in a row.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Join Our Member-Supported Network

As a self-funded, non-profit initiative with a focus on collective learning, we want to create a member-supported network, built in a sustainable way. This is why the Knowledge Exchange Programme will rely on a simple, annual paid membership model equivalent to €20/month (to be paid annually: €240 including 21% VAT).

I wasn't aware that Kickstarter allowed organizations to advertise in this way on their platform. "Back us for the equivalent of a single month's subscription and then pay for a whole year upfront!"

Looks like it is a series of online seminars about "the digital economy" but, uh... there's very little mention of what they think about it. Will the seminars just be about setting up your own cryptomining rigs and how to best market NFTs?

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

ErrEff posted:

Looks like it is a series of online seminars about "the digital economy" but, uh... there's very little mention of what they think about it. Will the seminars just be about setting up your own cryptomining rigs and how to best market NFTs?

Make Money Fast by launching Vague Kickstarters

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not sure why you just said the same thing three times in a row.

There's vague nuances.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ujjo/ujjo-the-first-hot-sauce-for-coffee?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=Ujjo

Found in the cursed images thread

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

I would try this, but my expectations are really close to zero.

Canine Blues Arooo has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Apr 14, 2021

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The more I read about it, the more I wanted to try it. It's not like they're just throwing tapatio in the coffee.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, that one's not completely horrible. I feel like you could just as easily grab a couple spices from the cupboard and sprinkle them into the grounds too, though, for the cost of a fraction of a cent.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
A few years back, Youtube inventor Allen Pan made a working “lightsaber”. An Indiegogo rear end in a top hat entrepreneur stole his idea to make a project that’s 50% scam, 50% death trap.

https://youtu.be/Cm2eU8PQQxQ

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Gann Jerrod posted:

A few years back, Youtube inventor Allen Pan made a working “lightsaber”. An Indiegogo rear end in a top hat entrepreneur stole his idea to make a project that’s 50% scam, 50% death trap.

That's a proclick - a Kickstarter that simultaneously rips off someone else's idea, scams the backers, is a lazy implementation and dangerous.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The reason they say the company is located in LA is the same reason why Indian tech support scammers say they work in Texas or Burmingham and all have fake Western sounding names. There is a partially correct assumption that Westerners would trust a Paul Johnson, even if they have an obvious Indian accent, more than a Rudransh Singh. Or a Petro Daineko in this case. You also don't want to distract the mark from the scam. Instead of looking up where Dnipro is or how much delivery from Ukraine would cost, the victim, lulled by the familiar locale, is supposed buy the product without a second thought.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Paladinus posted:

There is a partially correct assumption that Westerners would trust a Paul Johnson, even if they have an obvious Indian accent, more than a Rudransh Singh.

Schwarzenegger's movies lulled us into a false sense of trust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Wow. I mean I knew it would be lovely that they knocked it off, but the fact that the knockoff design is THIS incompetent is downright amazing.

He built a well engineered hack-saber that used a pump and regulator and all kinds of stuff.

These clowns decide to build a methanol super-soaker inside a 3d-printed shell. This thing could seriously kill you just for trying to use it.