Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

This isn't on Kickstarter, but another crowdfunding site that specializes in companies that do things like, I dunno, create particle accelerators to make solar panels cheaper. No I'm not kidding.

If that sounds a bit like buzzword bingo, you'd be right. Good article.

Electron-beam lithography is a standard technique in chip fabrication.
No idea why you'd Kickstart it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

yoloer420 posted:

They won't be able to get the guys in China to include a waterproof battery with the right capacity.

They'll just use a non waterproof one and blame the failures on user error.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wa27 posted:

edit: If you want some laughs, Kickstarter publishes all their DMCA notices they receive and take action on: https://www.kickstarter.com/dmca/

These are pretty funny.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The larger the filter area, the less force needed to draw a given volume of air through it. That's why proper masks have two bigass filter canisters.
That thing has a tiny filter canister. Either breathing through it is so difficult it counts as a workout all by itself, or the filter material is very open and doesn't filter out much.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you want a really big filter (for easy breathing and/or long endurance) you can run a hose from the mask down to a separate unit.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sormus posted:

I recently received spam concerning a Kickstarter campaign. I decided to forward the kickstarter page here because its just a portable Keurig.

10.5 minutes?

gently caress that. I'm going to market a portable coffeemaker that takes model rocket engines. Cold to boiling in under eight seconds.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

joedevola posted:

Also judging by the 'street price' estimates on that show buying drugs in Australia must be expensive as gently caress.

Customs are quite picky here because of biosecurity. A side effect is making drug importation more difficult.
(Also, 'street price' estimates are made using cop-math. The actual value is generally a fraction of that.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cheez posted:

Does someone want to tell me when fidget spinners were cool because I think I missed it

According to my records that were 'cool' on July 17 2015 from 11:27:06 to 11:34:42.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I hit some beans with a hammer then drop them into my water bottle overnight.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Volcott posted:

Reading the OSHA thread has convinced me that literally everything needs 13 redundant hardware interlocks, and even that's not gonna stop a dedicated idiot.

The point is to make it perfectly clear that the dedicated idiot has put considerable effort and thought into disabling the safeties and that therefore his resultant maiming is not your (the designer's) fault. IE it's not an accident, it's something he chose to do.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Fire ratings are mostly bullshit, too.

This page is gun-safe related but given that documents are even more fragile than guns it's probably a good read for most people:

http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/myths-about-gun-safe-fire-ratings/

My takeaway from that page is that 'gun safes' should be referred to as 'gun lockers'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

This 80$ diva cup will filter bad molecules out of good wine molecules

I had one of those but the demon went on strike.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

StuG Jeebus posted:

Lol if you kept reading past this line. He's an 'ideas' guy who wants other people to pay someone else to do the work.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Or ten Nokia 3310s.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Acupressure is what wuxia villains use to paralyse people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Or just have a different studio make a good post apocalyptic open world shooter, there really isn't all that much Fallout IP.

CDPR is still busy making Cyberpunk.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Juicorcery?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Oxygenated water tastes better. I usually just give it a good shake.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A magnetic stirrer plate will look ugly. Build it into the table so it's invisible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.amazon.ca/Relaxus-Flexible-Stocking-Without-Bending/dp/B00L2HXNWM
This is a thing what helps you put your socks on. I saw a similar one in a dedicated shop for like $60! Probably by next year someone will be selling one on kickstarter with bluetooth integration for $200.

Not without single-use DRM'd sock packs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I just declare that wherever the mammoth happens to be is now the clan's new home.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it Flexible Funding?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Like, 8.2 milly in 3 days is a staggering amount, but it will still take an entire year to get to a billy... if they can sustain this rate.

Then low end estimate they'd need 7 more of them.

LOL

I don't think you're accounting for overhead and fundraising expenses.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

The more I think about that airplane the more troubled I get at how it wouldn't fly and how it could be changed to actually work.

Needs more engines. Anything can fly with enough thrust.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Karia posted:

Sadly doesn't work in reverse, though.

It does for certain occult rites. It has to be a fresh egg, mind.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

working mom posted:

Tbf that match thing came from the fear of snipers shooting if it was lit for too long by being passed around in ww1

The version I heard was that you could light two, but not three.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pretty sure the title should be efficacy not efficiency.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Awful Kickstarters vol 2: What did I do wrong, other than everything?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have used utility knives in a saline environment. The blades rust overnight.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320153245/arebo-the-one-touch-body-dryer

hate wasting extra seconds trying to dry those hard-to-reach places with a hair dryer

love that it's grandma-friendly

Project Ouch?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bleach isn't very stable though, if you let it sit around for days afterwards the chlorine may all dissipate and then mildew sets in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thomamelas posted:

City of Titans is at six or seven years. But they did release an alpha of the character builder. I knew it was a long shot when I kicked in for it but they might actually deliver.

I assumed that died when the City of Heroes bootleg server got revealed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

For packaging and warehouse work, it's really hard to recommend anything other than a standard stanley knife just because that already does the job so well.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Something something purity
Something something toxins

You do not want to be pure. Only lifeless things are pure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Don't worry, it's not just an android box. It also uses its access to your network to sell your personal info to advertisers. Then gets taken over because they never changed the default password and becomes part of a russian botnet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Because the negative environmental impact of actually moving this boat combined with that of cryptocurrency would probably be like a bullet to the brain for our planet.

Use the waste heat from the crypto servers to boil water to turn the propeller. The more bitcoin goes UP UP UP the faster the ship goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

I’ll give money to anyone who lets me play as one of Elijah’s bears :tbear:

I always thought it was a textbook example of Summon Nature's Ally IV.