Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

What is this game?
The full name is roughly translated as Popular Life of Capable Man Day/Night Lecture. It’s two humorous Choose Your Own Adventure dating sim developed by Takara Tomy and both games was released on Valentine Day in 2008, which this LP will cover both starting from the Day version since the Night version is clearly a sequel with more difficulty. However, this is not a typical 'dating-sim’ as it’s in fact a ‘Tutor Software’ to educate males on how to behave and impress a girl with insightful depiction and knowledgeable tips to getting a date.

Aside from a theatrical simulation CYOA stories, the game includes other features such as Admirable Brain Training, mini-games, coolness knowledge database, famous figures’ maxim, and love skill testing simulator supervises by Japan branch of SPA Magazine. Most are designed to play as couples in mind.

How I am going to translate this game
This is actually a localization translation of a localized translation from Japanese -> Chinese -> English, so I won’t bother preserving the content word to word, and instead focus on clarity and readability. I’m not a professional that capable of preserving every little detail of things like honorific and puns, nor do I know how the Japanese language works, but I will try to preserve character names and anything worth preserving if my research yield any results.

How we will be doing this LP
We will play this like a normal CYOA and vote it scene by scene. In the spirit of CYOA you all get one chance for each girl unless you run into a quick dead end and we will move on to the next, but I will make a follow up bonus update for anything fun that we missed, so vote seriously and aim for her heart! Other game menu features will be showcased in a bonus update later. Any suggestion to improve the experience of this LP is welcome, and I personally don’t mind just showing everything.

The difficulty of this game
It gets progressively harder as we unlock more girls and slightly easier when we continue to the first route in the night version. However, the real difficulty actually comes from our protagonist, Kanta.

You see, this humorous game is actually a parody of dating sims, so it's really more like a comedy. Our job is to get the protagonist to go out on dates with coworkers and hairdressers and such. The game really doesn't take itself seriously and there's nothing even remotely NSFW in there.

However, if you pick the wrong action for Kanta, then he will, in the most creepy and goony way, mess it up big because he’s a manchild or as someone call it, the :byodood: incarnate. So keep that in mind when you vote!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Character Roster Index
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All completed chapters will be complied into one post and be linked to the related words. Please read the top link first for maximum enjoyment on the second link. Click portrait for character profile.

Protagonist

Day Girls

Success         Success       Success         Failure       Near Success     Success         Success
     Failure            Failure          Failure         Success     Canon Failure       Failure           Failure

Day side Mini-Games

Day Side Characters (Some name are descriptive title instead. Ex: Kurofuku mean Black Suit)

Other Menu Features

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening Movie

Night Girls

Success         Success         Success       Success         Success       Good End?       Goon End
    Failure            Failure           Failure          Failure            Failure     True Good End   Your Route
                                                        Canon Normal End                  Abort Route    Scene Index
Night Side Characters

Night Side Mini-Game

End Credit

The Special Girl

The Invitation
Happy Times
The Struggle
The Answers
Epilogue
Afterword

Fan Art

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 28, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Day One: Co-worker
---------------------------------------------------------------

Our first target of the day is our co-worker, Kamatani Arata.

Logical choice is important, but don’t forget to impress her too, or you will just end in the friend zone ending! :eng101:

Beginning of the day…*ring ring ring*

No, my AMBITION!

I have to go to work today…

Commuting to work…

Woohoo! So wonderful!

Cute and sweet…

“OHHH!!”

“An empty seat!”

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 6, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Did you know that Gampua is friend to women? Aha!

This woman is kind so we must...be kind as well. That elderly woman...should be allowed to take...that seat!

(The joke is bad Japanese movie dubs)

MUMMYMTN
May 22, 2003
Take the seat! We need to show our coworker how strong we are.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would like to clarify that Taking the seat with all my might is for our self and no one else.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Let the elderly take the seat.

We don't want her to think we're a selfish jerk, after all. :colbert:

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Anyone who doesn't let old people sit is a terrible human being and should rethink their life.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love how he's dangling from the handhold. Give it to the old lady.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
...What's the difference between ignoring the seat and letting someone else have it?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dragonatrix posted:

...What's the difference between ignoring the seat and letting someone else have it?

Ignoring the seat is just that, not doing anything about it. Letting someone else have it is going out of your way to say "Here, you can have it."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Dragonatrix posted:

Between the contribution toward the ending of Friend-zoned and Good end. Sometime it's a safe choice if you really can't decide and want to play safe.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We have a clear winner on our first logical choice. :tipshat:

Yes, sonny?

Oh, is that so.
Please have a seat.

Not at all, ma’am. Is everything to your satisfactory?
Yes, I’m. Thank you very much.

During work…

Ah!

Note: Tateishi Kanta is our protagonist’s name, more on his bio later.

Nope! Nope! Work! Work!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 6, 2013

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Wow! Those crazy anime faces are really something else.
Let's go show our boss just how awesome and raise-worthy we are for being such a hard worker.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Praise me boss man!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Lightly tap that Enter key. Let her know this was all simple to you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tap that key, son. By the way, is that typo in the thread's title intentional?

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 6, 2013

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
CONTEMPLATE. You just completed a vital task in the office environment, take a moment to reflect on your experiences and enjoy the moment!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Report to boss for the completed task is such wonderful Engrish, it'd be a crime to not choose it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Terper posted:

By the way, is that typo in the thread's title intentional?
Maaaaybe? I did ran out of word space so I have to rewrite it a few time.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The hell is this.

Congratulations you met expectations for your job. Time for a parade? No. Lightly tap the enter key.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Lightly tap the Ctrl-S keys.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
Time to reminisce on a job well done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Seems like the vote are about even, I will leave the voting onto the rest of the day then.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The hell is this.
Humor. :downs:

It will lure you away from making the right choice. This whole game will tries its best to make you choose humor over the girl. Then again, man does do stupid things to get the girl's attention, so maybe that was the right choice? :iiam:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 6, 2013

MUMMYMTN
May 22, 2003
Kanta really needs to chill out just a bit. Time to close our eyes and meditate on our successes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Report to boss for the completed task! In this manner, we might acquire another assignment to immediately begin working on, thus impressing Ms. Arata with our diligence and productivity. :smug:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Close your eyes and appreciate the joy of completing menial tasks.

Bart Roberts III
Jun 28, 2008
Just tap dat enter key. Don't be a spaz.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Be cool, press enter.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Contemplate the hell out of that job

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I say Slowly close the eyes and reminiscent the works you just completed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

We can't rest on our laurels, we don't even know if the completed work was submitted! Press enter.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Enter key!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Hit that enter key!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm betting that pressing the enter key is just pretending to work so that we don't get a new assignment.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for "Report to boss for the completed task!" to look good in front of Ms. Arata.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Listen, as a Married Man, I know what the ladies like. And the ladies like it if you mouth off to the boss.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Lightly tap the ENTER key

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Tap 'dat key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Press enter! I hope we remembered to save our work! :ohdear:

• Locked thread