Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Midjack posted:

Nyaa, the effort you put into covering the game was terrific, and then you went and took it to an entire other level with this extra chapter. This thread has been one of my favorites since its beginning, and thank you for the collective hours of entertainment you've given.
Seriously, this was already a really good LP, and then you took it beyond the level of greatness by creating the Tanaka route (and from scratch too, that's insanely loving amazing). You could have just left it as a good LP, but you took it far above and beyond by doing this and made it really special. And really, Tanaka and Kanta are perfect for each other, so it's only natural that this is the true ending to the LP.:c00lbert:

11/10 Would definitely read again.

Nyaa posted:

Special thanks to tiistai
“Now I have to invite you to Comiket again next year.”
Excellent job on the artwork tiistai. I was wondering if Tanaka would get an end route artwork.:allears:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Godspeed, Kanta. Godspeed, Nyaa.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This was a fun LP, both to read and to participate in. Kanta was a hilarious character, and it's nice to see him and Tanaka get a good end together.

Kudos on a job well done, Nyaa, both in LPing the games and coming up with this fantastic extra route. Also, props to tiistai for the art additions.

So long, Kanta. Man, I'm gonna miss that weird little eggplant-headed goon. :unsmith:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This was such a fun LP--I really enjoyed your style of translation, and the continuation was more than I could have ever imagined this thread would reach. You just kept topping yourself in that extra route. Thank you for all the entertainment!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
If any LP should get goldmined it is this one.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

This LP was a blast to read through, and it only got better with the Tanaka finale. Thanks for showing us this weird yet hilarious game, and for creating something great from it.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
This LP was a work of art. Great job, Nyaa. The last route was the most interactive dating sim I've ever had the honor to play.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
WOOOOO

Man, I enjoyed every post of this LP. Thank you for going the distance and beyond!

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013
This LP. What a ride! Thanks Nyaa! Beautiful above-and-beyond work!

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Oh Nyaa, you are a sweetheart. <3
(And that was awesome Tilstai!)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Overall, that went a whole lot better than it could have, in every respect.

Bloody good job!

Azriel Odin
Jun 3, 2011

Somehow I knew this was gonna happen.
:golfclap: Bravo, Nyaa, bravo.

As previously said, this was already a pretty good LP, due both to the game itself and your ability to present it and translate it, as well as managing to find a good balance for audience participation, neither too much nor too little. And then you went ahead and made your own friggin' ending with a bunch of new art, new choices, new dialogues, new references, in a way that totally could (and should) be part of the actual game. It's something to make a good LP of a game, it's something else to be able to extend it in an appropriate and tasteful way like this. Well, as tasteful as Kanta is.

So, again, excellent work. Farewell, Kanta. You'll always be a part of us, whether we want it or not :v: .

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

You went beyond the call of duty, Nyaa. Looking forward to your next LP, whenever it may be.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
This was a great LP even before the added route and endings. You've gone beyond the call of duty, Nyaa. Good job.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nooo! Kanta, don't leave us! :ohdear: What will we do without you? :qq:

Anyway, this LP was one of the main reasons for me to join the forum. It was brilliant from start to finish and I will miss it. Do you have any idea if you will LP again Nyaa? (Though nothing can ever top this.)

And of course GREAT artwork Tiistai, that last picture really caught Tanaka's spirit.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Nyaa, this was a great LP. Not only did you bring this hilarious game to us, you even fixed its glaring ommission of a Tanaka route. That's dedication! Thank you very much for the hours of entertaiment you've given us.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Darth TNT posted:

Do you have any idea if you will LP again Nyaa? (Though nothing can ever top this.)
Yes, I have tons of games I want to translate. As you said, nothing can ever top this, so the next one would be a somewhat mechanically-bland RPG. It have a nice story that I think will serve well to also works as a Chinese Mythology lore thread because I really like those LP that do that (king of dragon pass, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc). I still haven't beaten that game yet, so it probably won't happen for a while unless half-blind + read-the-whole-playthrough is fine. :v:

quote:

And of course GREAT artwork Tiistai, that last picture really caught Tanaka's spirit.
The last picture is the first picture I ask Tiistai to draw. I didn't know that angle is known as the SHAFT headtilt until Tiistai pointed out. This goon is a fast worker. :golfclap:

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
Great LP, this was such a fun read and you went way beyond. Kanta's adventures will be missed.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Nyaa posted:

Yes, I have tons of games I want to translate. As you said, nothing can ever top this, so the next one would be a somewhat mechanically-bland RPG. It have a nice story that I think will serve well to also works as a Chinese Mythology lore thread because I really like those LP that do that (king of dragon pass, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc). I still haven't beaten that game yet, so it probably won't happen for a while unless half-blind + read-the-whole-playthrough is fine. :v:
Honestly, partly blind Is fine by me.

Thank you for your hard efforts. I wouldn't even know this game exists otherwise.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nyaa posted:

I look forward to seeing this, I like mythology and know far too little of Chinese mythology. Anything is fine, but just pick the option you're most comfortable with.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bumping this so I have more time to work this out with Baldurk for the lparchive.

Maybe I should add a few screens on Kanta destroying the universe if I can find some free time.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

Bumping this so I have more time to work this out with Baldurk for the lparchive.

Maybe I should add a few screens on Kanta destroying the universe if I can find some free time.

I vote for a compilation of all the .gifs this beautiful thread has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edit: Archive Complete

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I vote for a compilation of all the .gifs this beautiful thread has.
There wasn't a lot of gifs to begin with. I feel like I was suppose to compile a bunch of someth- Ohhhh, every single Kanta's cosplay.............:effort:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 14, 2014

• Locked thread