Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hit Enter! If you close your eyes, the work will be lost. You don't report to your boss for completing mundane, expected duties, also you will lose the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I'm kind of curious about the logic of ANY of the responses and how each of them are supposed to attract women.

Mr.Sloth
May 20, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

I'm kind of curious about the logic of ANY of the responses and how each of them are supposed to attract women.

This man obviously does not lightly tap his enter key enough.

Also lightly tap enter key if it wasn't obvious already.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Oh. It's this game. This game is so delightfully absurd. :allears:

You should lightly tap the enter key.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tap!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Reminiscent your completed works because that looks like the Engrishiest option.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I guess the answer can a bit vague until you realize that Kanta is an egotistic idiot. He didn't even tap the key 'Lightly'.

Also, 'Enter' key have nothing to do with saving the data unless you are in some confirmation prompt. :engleft:

Uh~~!
So scary! This man is scaryyyyy!
Miss Arata!
Here!
Can you come over for a moment?
Hmm? What is this about… the chief is always so scary…
Sigh~ how troublesome! Miss Arata, when will you ever finish your task?
I’m so sorry, Chief…
So stupid…
(Stupid?)
… and this isn’t the first time.

… my apology.
Alright, get back to work.
…then I will return to my task…

“Maybe I’m not suitable for this job…”

I decide to slightly change any answers from now on to better reflect the result, so you all won't fall for it. keep in mind that Kanta could go all out on the wrong action. :v:

Note:
A little thought about the result: Tapping the enter lightly would most probably spook/annoy your coworker that sees you do it. Since that's a bad choice, the game decide to maximize the effect and upgrade the 'spook' to 'scary' for humor sake, but yes, the choice is vague so future answers will be modified for clarification.

Also, beside making 'logical' choice, there's one more important hint that you all seems to missed that could help you make your choice. :eng101:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 7, 2013

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The protagonist looks like a guy with a lot of Experience of Failure, we should work on that angle.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, I agree, talk about yourself. Because you're the one feeling bad right now, right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Why not, let's go try and make her feel better by talking about ourself.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Listen to her mistake and give suggestions. If we offer her help, we not only help ease her own burden, but allow ourselves the opportunity for meaningful platonic intercourse with our colleague. If we are actually able to render her aid, then she will undoubtedly be grateful for our assistance, and be left with a positive impression of us. :smug:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nyaa posted:

Note:
A little thought about the result: Tapping the enter lightly would most probably spook/annoy your coworker that sees you do it. Since that's a bad choice, the game decide to maximize the effect and upgrade the 'spook' to 'scary' for humor sake.

If you tapped enter repeatedly it would probably confuse your coworkers, but if you tapped it once, most folks would probably think you needed to hit enter for something. I believe the number of tappings and how necessary they were is what confused most folks in the thread, too.

But as for now, taking a situation and making about oneself is not a very good first move, even if it's commiseration. The first thing you'll want to do is provide a kind face.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Okay, so Kanta is a bit of a spaz, that's fine, that's okay. Just put on a kind face and say it'll be fine, you can do that Kanta, right? You won't creep, right?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Give her a kind face. Somehow I get the feeling Kanta talking about himself cannot possibly end well.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I believe the number of tappings and how necessary they were is what confused most folks in the thread, too.
Yes, which is why I will changes the answers from now on to reflect the result. Kind face is one of the change btw. :v:

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Listen and give suggestions, we can't be seen as week by talking about our own failures.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Talk about your own failures! 1 and 2 seem like they'll lead us down the road to Friendsville and Acquaintanceshipburg.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Talk about ourselves! There's no way this is gonna end badly.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This game is meant to teach goony people how to act in real life, so I think that choices A and B are good choices, but listening to her is the best thing we could for a person. Talking it out with someone is a great way to get out of your funk.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Listen to her!

MUMMYMTN
May 22, 2003
I'm not sure Kanta's face has an expression besides Screaming Insanity, but let's see if we can't put some kindness on it.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Listen and advise, let her vent.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This is the best dating sim ever.

Listen and give suggestions because to be a good adviser you need to be a good listener first.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Let's listen to her and give her some suggestions.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

MUMMYMTN posted:

I'm not sure Kanta's face has an expression besides Screaming Insanity, but let's see if we can't put some kindness on it.

Seconding this.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Put your kind face on, you goober.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

kind face: 6
listen & advice: 7
Experiance: 5

You guys and your close three-way ties again. :argh:

Hmm, about that… what happened?
It was…

... Contraction Planning.
That’s so embarrassing.
It's alright! Everyone makes mistakes.
… really?
Yep, you just need to calm down the next time you answer the phone and everything will be fine. In fact, I bet our boss wasn’t even bother by it.
Thanks for reassuring me…
I feel much better already…

Getting the phone…

*Ding* *Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

(Ah, the phone…)

The caller asks for you, Kanta.

This one is actually very short and easy, so I will pick C and continue.

Thanks you very much.
Hello?

Hello, Kanta, I am from High Wealth Commerce.
Oh~hello!
(Whoa!)
(Arata is watching me…)

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

We must speak strongly and with conviction to show our lady-friend our worth.

Reviewing the choices, we must speak clearly as speaking strongly and loudly would probably make the person on the other end freak out and we might scare off our friend.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 8, 2013

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Speak clearly, we're just going to gently caress it up if we try to show off!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Speak silently. Everyone knows telepaths get all the chicks.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Speak silently, that way she can hear how amazing you are.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edit: Fixed the answers, please review new changes. Sorry for the confusion.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 7, 2013

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speak clearly
I'm willing to presume we have one of those voices that make people all quiver-y/dreamy, like Morgan Freeman, David Attenborough etc.
Failing that, we have a perfectly normal voice, which is all the more reason to remain as ordinary as possible.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
Don't gently caress this up. Just be silent.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Whisper softly. You wouldn't want to hurt her poor ears :(

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Time to alpha male it, speak Strong and Loudly to establish dominance.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Speak clearly since this game wants us to act like a normal human being.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Whisper softly. Let's go for that seductive sultry tone you know we totally have.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
STAY SILENT
Also, this is just amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Speak clearly. We ain't no Brain Blessed, and therefore have no reason to yell.

Anyone who says otherwise is a poopy-head. :colbert:

• Locked thread