Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Did you know that Gampua is friend to women? Aha!

This woman is kind so we must...be kind as well. That elderly woman...should be allowed to take...that seat!

(The joke is bad Japanese movie dubs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Lightly tap the Ctrl-S keys.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Note:
A little thought about the result: Tapping the enter lightly would most probably spook/annoy your coworker that sees you do it. Since that's a bad choice, the game decide to maximize the effect and upgrade the 'spook' to 'scary' for humor sake.

If you tapped enter repeatedly it would probably confuse your coworkers, but if you tapped it once, most folks would probably think you needed to hit enter for something. I believe the number of tappings and how necessary they were is what confused most folks in the thread, too.

But as for now, taking a situation and making about oneself is not a very good first move, even if it's commiseration. The first thing you'll want to do is provide a kind face.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

This is a tough one. On the one hand, if you change the subject to the other person's hobbies immediately after being asked a direct question like that, it can look like you're dodging the question. Listening to the other person is important, but so is coming off as interesting yourself. In the ideal scenario, you'd describe what you like to do, answer any questions he or she might ask about your interests, and then turn the subject around.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure that she'd want to know what this guy in particular gets up to on his own time. Ask her about her hobbies first.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Die Hard was a masterpiece of cinema. I will allow no dissension on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Be as normal as it is possible for you to be.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Kanta really normal, though?

No one said it was going to be easy.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nyaa posted:

*Whisper* *Whisper* !?

It feels… really gross…

You think that's bad, how must it feel to be whispered at when you're trying to make a business call?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

If we say we have an appointment and successfully bluff about it, that would mean lying about our identity, and as interesting as we would like to seem, using the wrong name is not a very good foot to start out on. If we're unsuccessful, then we look like a dope for lying about it. So no, we have no appointment.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Make it cool. We can then follow her idea of what "cool" is.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Wait wait, shaving is too difficult for her? It's like the easiest haircut to give anyone in the world! I know that 'hairdressers' usually aren't as well trained with the clippers as male barbers are, but still goddamn.

Clippers can get you down to a fuzz, but a full-on shave requires pulling out razors and cream. I would say that she likely has experience from shaving her own legs, but the legs and the head are two separate beasts; legs have fewer strange contours and the skin is thicker than what's on your face and head, plus the hairs grow much farther apart. Even the razors for legs and faces are built differently. So no, buzz cuts are easy, but shaving is hard.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Mikl posted:

That's kind of the point, isn't it?

Humour us.

It hardly matters if we get to see the dopey bits afterwards regardless.

A hairdresser's interests likely lie with fashions.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Apotheosis posted:

Honestly, if you were a chicken sexer in real life, you'd probably just say "I work at a poultry company" or something. But because it's Kanta, he's probably gonna say that he sticks his finger up chicken buttholes.

I'm hoping the hairdresser (and the game) take it to be a joke.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Hmm umm…
How is it?
!?
Is there a problem?

I love it!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

A month is a reasonable time to wait for a haircut. It'll let us know just how much of an impression we left, too.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Jeoh posted:

An interesting guy according to goons: A man without his own opinion on anything.
Tell her about it!~

It's not that he has no opinions, it's that she gets to go first. It still seems to me like an awkward change of subject, but apparently that's not a problem in this game.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Failure route is the height of this lp, but it's much better when you had gone through the success route first. :allears:

If nothing else, it gives us the full dose of manchild all at once.

Does anything interesting happen when you pick your own dream at the end instead of asking about hers?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Dude definitely looks perverted to me. But Kanta is a giant pervert so he probably likes him

Luc Besson wrote Taken and Taken 2 and wrote/directed The Professional. Thumbs loving up, dude!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Letting her pick is a safe option, but showing a similar interest independent of her input may also impress her. Based on how she went to see a foreign action film director earlier, picking the foreign action film may be a good choice.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Coughing just adds to the problem. Politely ask them to stop.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Alien Arcana posted:

Remember who we have for a protagonist. :byodood:

We must exercise restraint, because he certainly won't.

Yeah, but the problem with coughing is that the couple aren't self aware. So he'll have to cough again, and again, and now suddenly he's the problem. Meanwhile doing nothing will fix nothing, and Kana is already well aware of the problem here.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Lying in this case is a bad idea. As a film buff, she'll be inclined to ask just what it was you liked about the scene, and that'd get the truth out pretty quick. Being honest is also bad; it can be nice to have a critical argument about something when you're speaking with friends, but arguments in general are not a good idea for a first date.

Talking about what you liked can be positive, and saying it fit the character is a decent way to egg her on without saying much yourself. Given this game's history of preferring "let her talk" options, I think I'll go with character interpretations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh. Well, that was easy. Hope the failure reel's more entertaining.

Given the options we avoided, I have no doubt.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Hope I didn't break the flow by adding some good choice result into it.

It is reassuring to see that other not-terrible options have not-terrible results.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The best option here is to be assertive and speak up. You've got her magazine as a conversation starter; even if you don't know much about fashion, you can ask her what she's interested in and get some dialogue going.

Stare at her like the creep you are.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

As someone into fashion (and in Japan), she probably doesn't have a negative view of cosplaying, although I imagine she wouldn't consider it very seriously, either.

But why should she know what you like?! Don't give anything away!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Wow. I can't believe cosplay wasn't a dead end. Be normal Kanta, I beseech thee.

Told you guys. Remember this is Japan we're talking about; it's a more widespread activity there than it is in the US. I am awfully curious who that first Freddy is supposed to be, though.

This next choice is a bit more vague. It seems to be a question of how much you'd want this to be considered a "date" versus an "outing." I'd say asking seriously appears to be the best compromise; it makes your intentions apparent, but it gives her the option to interpret things how she wishes.

That said, beg her for a date.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The goal of any sort of date is to spend time together and get to know one another. Therefore, we must split up at the first available opportunity.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

This is a point where you really do want to think about yourself. Getting bored on a date is no better for you than for your partner, so encouraging them to keep things moving may be the best option. What you wouldn't want to do is just complain about all the time they're wasting.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

This one comes down to individual cases. Do we know if she's the sort who prefers variety, or a motif? Does Kanta know enough about fashion to have instincts worth trusting? "Both" is a safe option, but it also advertises just how lost you are in this field.

Trust your instincts, Kanta. Puke green is in this year!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Mikl posted:

We'll end up having to pay for her shopping spree, right? :sigh:

If that were the case, she wouldn't have put down the expensive item. We are acting as pack mule, though.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Life is, indeed, a challenge.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Actually, it looks pretty nice but gently caress you!

Also, those are called polo shirts in America. Dunno if that's consistent in other English-speaking nations.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 31, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Tenik posted:

Of course, this particular lesson is probably trying to teach stuck up nerds to use modern and informal manners and that only old ladies and CEO's follow old fashioned rules, but gently caress voting correctly.

Don't forget the language used in each option. "I'd feel embarrassed" would be a kind way to do a refusal-oh-fine-you-talked-me-into-it, whereas "this shirt sucks" is an outright insult.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nyaa posted:

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”[/b]

Canon ending.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Is he...is he flipping us off?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Call in, and then we can take enough time to avoid missing something important, like shirts or pants.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The first thing your boss wants to hear from you, regardless of gender, is an apology, so skip the pleasantries and go straight for that.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Rexides posted:

I'd like to remind everyone voting for A that the point of the game is to get a girlfriend, not a promotion.

I would accept this logic were we not going after someone who is able to provide both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

See what she'd recommend. It shows initiative while also displaying a willingness to follow direction.

By the way, Nyaa, I believe you mean "expensive" rather than "expansive." Although if you go to the right restaurants, it could very well be both.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 5, 2013

• Locked thread